Chances for Harvard?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby TripTrip » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:38 pm

Luke_Lawyer19 wrote:Wow! That's impressive man.
Could I ask you some questions just out of curiosity? I've never talked to a future Harvard grad haha.

I appreciate the congrats, but I'm not in yet! Though we are tracking like 15% of Harvard admits here on TLS, and that's just the ones who share stats. Consider just the users who responded to your thread: JamMasterJ is attending NYU, Ti Malice is currently a 1L at Yale, and bbsg is already in at Harvard this cycle.

ETA: Yes, you can continue to ask questions, as long as you are ok with continued condescending sounding responses about how you need to go to a frat party or something since you're a freshman.

User avatar
Luke_Lawyer19
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby Luke_Lawyer19 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:42 pm

What was your major and what area of law do you want to practice in?

User avatar
Luke_Lawyer19
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby Luke_Lawyer19 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:44 pm

Lol condescending remarks don't really bother me when its over the internet, at least i'm learning along the way.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby TripTrip » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:51 pm

Luke_Lawyer19 wrote:What was your major
Criminal Justice. Best law school major there is IMO.

Luke_Lawyer19 wrote:what area of law do you want to practice in?
This is the question everybody loves to ask, and frankly every applicant has a BS answer for it. Most law students come out the other side with a very different idea of what they want to do, or rather: a more realistic idea. Hordes of applicants want to do international human rights, but that won't happen for most of them.

Me, I just want to work biglaw and make big bucks for three years, then I'm peacing out.

User avatar
Luke_Lawyer19
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby Luke_Lawyer19 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:54 pm

Skadden, Sullivan?

User avatar
Luke_Lawyer19
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby Luke_Lawyer19 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:01 pm

Do you have any advice on studying for the LSAT and scoring that 175?

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby TripTrip » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:15 pm

Luke_Lawyer19 wrote:Do you have any advice on studying for the LSAT and scoring that 175?

PM'd.

User avatar
Luke_Lawyer19
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby Luke_Lawyer19 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:33 pm

Anyone else?

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:57 pm

Luke_Lawyer19 wrote:Anyone else?

I wrote a guide and NoodleyOne wrote a guide on the subject. Mine's something like "JammasterJ's guide to" something something. Noodley's is similarly titled. He got a 179 IIRC, I got a 176

ETA: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=173647

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby Clearly » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:05 am

Luke_Lawyer19 wrote:Anyone else?

You're not going to get much more help then this yet. You're a freshman in college, with 3 years of GPA and the LSAT ahead of you. Absolutely no one has any idea if you have a shot at Harvard. You'd need to do better than 99% of people that take the LSAT, and keep your GPA up. It's totally possible, but so far away that absolutely no one has insight for you. Frankly, I'm surprised people were this nice to you lol. Good luck!

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby TrustInMusic » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:11 am

Luke_Lawyer19 wrote:Wow! That's impressive man.
Could I ask you some questions just out of curiosity? I've never talked to a future Harvard grad haha.


This is a flame, right?

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby TripTrip » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:17 am

TrustInMusic wrote:
Luke_Lawyer19 wrote:Wow! That's impressive man.
Could I ask you some questions just out of curiosity? I've never talked to a future Harvard grad haha.


This is a flame, right?

All freshman sound like this. They just usually don't stumble on TLS so early.

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby wert3813 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:15 pm

TripTrip wrote:
TrustInMusic wrote:
Luke_Lawyer19 wrote:Wow! That's impressive man.
Could I ask you some questions just out of curiosity? I've never talked to a future Harvard grad haha.


This is a flame, right?

All freshman sound like this. They just usually don't stumble on TLS so early.


Triptrip as an 0L can I also ask you law school questions? Or just OP?

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby TripTrip » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:30 pm

wert3813 wrote:Triptrip as an 0L can I also ask you law school questions? Or just OP?

Wait, do you phonetically pronounce 0L as "oh-ell" or "zero-ell"?

This is important!

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby wert3813 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:34 pm

TripTrip wrote:
wert3813 wrote:Triptrip as an 0L can I also ask you law school questions? Or just OP?

Wait, do you phonetically pronounce 0L as "oh-ell" or "zero-ell"?

This is important!


Latter.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby TripTrip » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:39 pm

Oh, ok. Your "an" was throwing me off. I would have made fun of you if it was the former though.

Anyway, yes, I'll answer your questions. As an undergrad who is currently on the waitlist at Harvard, I think I am the most knowledgeable person here on both Harvard and getting into Harvard. Clearly much more knowledgeable than you, since you never spent any time on the waitlist. Straight admits learn nothing. The waitlist is what makes a man!

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby wert3813 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:08 am

wert3813 wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
wert3813 wrote:Triptrip as an 0L can I also ask you law school questions? Or just OP?

Wait, do you phonetically pronounce 0L as "oh-ell" or "zero-ell"?

This is important!


Latter.


Oh shit I meant former. F O R M E R. definitely oh ell.

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby TrustInMusic » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:22 am

TripTrip wrote:
TrustInMusic wrote:
Luke_Lawyer19 wrote:Wow! That's impressive man.
Could I ask you some questions just out of curiosity? I've never talked to a future Harvard grad haha.


This is a flame, right?

All freshman sound like this. They just usually don't stumble on TLS so early.


Oh god. If I had stumbled onto TLS during first year.... my life would be miserable and full of angst.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby helix23 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:10 pm

wert3813 wrote:
wert3813 wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
wert3813 wrote:Triptrip as an 0L can I also ask you law school questions? Or just OP?

Wait, do you phonetically pronounce 0L as "oh-ell" or "zero-ell"?

This is important!


Latter.


Oh shit I meant former. F O R M E R. definitely oh ell.


yeah I was gonna say who da fuq says zero-ell in their head?

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby TripTrip » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:41 pm

helix23 wrote:yeah I was gonna say who da fuq says zero-ell in their head?

I do. 8)

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby helix23 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:33 pm

TripTrip wrote:
helix23 wrote:yeah I was gonna say who da fuq says zero-ell in their head?

I do. 8)


ew

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9651
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby jbagelboy » Sun May 05, 2013 10:58 pm

TripTrip are you just flaming here? I'm a little confused. Please understand the below means no offense to you whatsoever but I feel like you may be misleading the kid.

Wouldn't you say mixed undergraduate career, community colleges, weak coursework, ect. could have contributed to a less than remarkable cycle for you considering your numbers? (still a great cycle overall, but not for 4.0/175?). I think taking intro courses your third year is a horrible idea that will hurt your HYS application, as is jumping around CC's. If you want to go to harvard, taking challenging & rigorous coursework in a manageable way, i.e., not more than 2 upper div courses in your major at once.

Also living a little is key, but thats beside the point.

I'm sorry if I missed any implicit sarcasm here.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby TripTrip » Mon May 06, 2013 2:49 pm

jbagelboy wrote:Wouldn't you say mixed undergraduate career, community colleges, weak coursework, ect. could have contributed to a less than remarkable cycle for you considering your numbers? (still a great cycle overall, but not for 4.0/175?).

Indeed, my UG isn't doing me any favors. But in my interviews I was never asked about why I went to CC, nor was anything mentioned regarding my transcripts. The only two things I was asked was why I chose the school I did and why I didn't go Ivy.

jbagelboy wrote:I think taking intro courses your third year is a horrible idea that will hurt your HYS application, as is jumping around CC's. If you want to go to harvard, taking challenging & rigorous coursework in a manageable way, i.e., not more than 2 upper div courses in your major at once.

Also living a little is key, but thats beside the point.

I'm sorry if I missed any implicit sarcasm here.

I wasn't being sarcastic, but I was intentionally going over the top because it would be silly for OP to worry about taking 100 level courses in his second year. There is no way that could possibly hurt him.

User avatar
wert3813
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby wert3813 » Thu May 23, 2013 2:38 am

Necroing for soon.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Chances for Harvard?

Postby TripTrip » Fri May 24, 2013 1:54 pm

wert3813 wrote:Necroing for soon.

TripTrip wrote:I appreciate the congrats, but I'm not in yet!

:mrgreen:




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests