Undergraduate at Harvard or state school?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Borg

Re: Undergraduate at Harvard or state school?

Postby Borg » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:32 pm

Go to Harvard, definitely. While there, major in something quantitative. Economics should be the easiest quant major you consider. If you like liberal arts, take a lot of those classes or even double major, but definitely do not make something non-quantitative your only major.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Fri May 03, 2013 3:26 pm

I really hope OP went to harvard over whatever public school they were considering. they give good enough UG finaid that you shouldn't have to loan anyway.

focus on your educational experience and getting the most opportunities you can. not only would this benefit you for law school admissions, but no one should be decided on law school as a senior in high school when so many other opportunities are open to you with a prestigious degree.

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Fri May 03, 2013 10:26 pm

This thread is absolutely ridiculous.

If OP didn't pick Harvard, over a concern about his GPA, that would be ridiculously sad.

gaucholaw

Postby gaucholaw » Fri May 03, 2013 10:55 pm

to chip in on the UC debate:
1. I do find it silly how at the games people chant "state school" against CSU's
2. With that said, I don't think it's fair to say that non UCLA/CAL UC's are overrated.... if you judge them through the correct lens, they are strong public schools - some private schools are better, some aren't.

Return to “What are my chances?”