Chances when re-applying early next year? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
username201

New

Chances when re-applying early next year?

Post by username201 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:21 am

Hi guys

So I got rejected/waitlisted at a bunch of law schools this cycle
My numbers weren't that bad <172/3.77> but I did apply only a few days before the deadline for personal reasons

If I apply again next year but a lot earlier this time (as soon as the apps are available), do you think I'd have more chances of getting in? Or do you think that rejections are rejections, waitlists are waitlists, and nothing's going to change?

(Not much will be updated on my application)

thank :)

trojandave

Bronze

Re: Chances when re-applying early next year?

Post by trojandave » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:36 pm

username201 wrote:Hi guys

So I got rejected/waitlisted at a bunch of law schools this cycle
My numbers weren't that bad <172/3.77> but I did apply only a few days before the deadline for personal reasons

If I apply again next year but a lot earlier this time (as soon as the apps are available), do you think I'd have more chances of getting in? Or do you think that rejections are rejections, waitlists are waitlists, and nothing's going to change?

(Not much will be updated on my application)

thank :)
Yes, much better. It's common knowledge most schools use rolling admissions. But don't turn in the same app - that could make you look lazy and like you haven't changed, grown, or learned anything in a year.

Return to “What are my chances?”