155 LSAT and 3.5 GPA from a crappy undergrad Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
reasonable_man

Gold

Re: 155 LSAT and 3.5 GPA from a crappy undergrad

Post by reasonable_man » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:48 am

PRgradBYU wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:
TigerHawk wrote:I appreciate all the responses here.

Only problem is... It's my father who is paying for my legal education IN FULL no matter where I choose to go.

The only string attached is that he said it MUST be a Top 100 school. He says if I want to go to a non-ranked school, I'd have to pay the tuition myself (i.e. take out loans).

I'll try to explain the concept of regional-preference to him, but he seems pretty rigid on that requirement. Thanks for all of your input.

I wonder which of you is a bigger idiot; you or your father?
You don't need to insult OP's father; that's completely unnecessary. Clearly, neither of them (well, at least OP's father) know anything about law school, so I'd say it's more ignorance than stupidity. Either way, TCR is RETAKE.

You got it Boss!

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:26 am

deputydog wrote:
90convoy wrote:donTTT go to law school with that lsat player.
I'm thrilled to see you are becoming a quality poaster
+1

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:30 pm

Your father's criteria are unfathomably obsolete. Only a top 20 school is worth spending that much money on, no matter where it is from (note -- I would say only a T7 school is worth sticker price DEBT). Your family would do better taking its significant resources and donating it to you're state's marvelous Gravina Island Bridge than paying full tuition for you at the majority of the "top 100" law schools.

tmoney

New

Post by tmoney » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:45 pm

I'm not sure what qualifies as a 'crappy undergrad' but as someone with a similar set of circumstances:
155 1st take, 158 2nd take, 3.6 GPA, Great LOR, and Solid Resume/Essays
I had several offers from top 100 schools
Tennessee, Florida State, Baylor ($), Missouri ($$), Denver ($$), Kansas ($$), and Arkansas ($$).
WL at Arizona, William and Mary, and UNC.

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:58 pm

stuckinthemiddle wrote:You're a white mail?

I know...right?

Maybe that's the key, OP should write on himself a fake acceptance from Harvard and then mail himself as a response. Problem solved for the "white mail" [sic]. Heck, during his entire law school education he can just...mail it in. Lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SFSpartan

Silver

Post by SFSpartan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:06 pm

FWIW I have a 3.5 GPA and applied last cycle with a 156 LSAT. I applied late, so I barely got money anywhere, but did get into a couple Top 100's. I decided to sit out last cycle, and it was a great decision.

I retook, got a 167, and am going to a T1 with money. Point being, just follow the damn advice on here and retake. You have no idea how lucky you are to have law school paid for, and boosting your score will give you a JD that's actually worth something, and can place you in a well paying job.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”