3.7 Double major/166-69 on practice tests Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Ziggitron

New

3.7 Double major/166-69 on practice tests

Post by Ziggitron » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. :D

So, yes I haven't actually taken the LSAT yet but I'm planning on taking it (hopefully just once) in October and I've been scoring 166-169 consistently on practice tests. I know I might have a really bad day on test day but this is where I am right now.

3.7 Cumulative GPA English + Pol Sci Double major with honors (Temple University). My only softs are school clubs and one internship (I know that's not a lot). I'm a junior and plan on attending immediately after senior year (no break).

Beasley is my first choice (is it true that they are biased against Temple undergrads?). I will also apply to Villanova, Camden Rutgers, and UPenn (A man can dream, right?)

So what are my chances?

Thanks a lot :D .

Ave

Bronze

Re: 3.7 Double major/166-69 on practice tests

Post by Ave » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:29 pm

Ziggitron

New

Post by Ziggitron » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Sorry, didn't read the rules........ :(

J90

Bronze

Post by J90 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:34 pm

You have many months until October. Don't settle for 166-169, get it up into the 170's and you really will have a shot at U Penn and money at the rest on down.

It sucks but it's true, even 50 extra hours spent studying now could mean $75,000 in savings down the road. Put in the time on the test and you won't regret it. Your practice scores aren't static and your GPA doesn't preclude you from Penn.

isuperserial

Silver

Post by isuperserial » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Ziggitron wrote:Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. :D

So, yes I haven't actually taken the LSAT yet but I'm planning on taking it (hopefully just once) in October and I've been scoring 166-169 consistently on practice tests. I know I might have a really bad day on test day but this is where I am right now.

3.7 Cumulative GPA English + Pol Sci Double major with honors (Temple University). My only softs are school clubs and one internship (I know that's not a lot). I'm a junior and plan on attending immediately after senior year (no break).

Beasley is my first choice (is it true that they are biased against Temple undergrads?). I will also apply to Villanova, Camden Rutgers, and UPenn (A man can dream, right?)

So what are my chances?

Thanks a lot :D .
That's a solid GPA, and your LSAT is pretty decent. Shoot for bringing it up to a 170+ for October and you'll be golden. Even if you got a 167, you'd be selling yourself incredibly short. Temple, Villanova, and Rutgers are far beneath you. UPenn is out of your grasp if you don't improve your LSAT. Right now, you're a great candidate for Vanderbilt, USC, Texas, and other schools like that. Hell, even Cornell and Georgetown are feasible.

Study hard, and aim a little higher. Take a look at mylsn.info to learn about where you would be a fit.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”