Where can I get in at?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
TheBenMatlock
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:38 pm

Where can I get in at?

Postby TheBenMatlock » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:54 am

I took the December LSAT and scored 176, my UGPA is 3.67 from Wake Forest. Unfortunately, all I have is my GPA and LSAT score. Where can I get in at with these numbers alone. I wish I had gone on some missionary trips to Africa or South America but there is nothing I can do about it now.

Should I take the year off and try to build my list of extracurricular activity?

User avatar
DocHawkeye
Posts: 640
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:22 am

Re: Where can I get in at?

Postby DocHawkeye » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:03 am

Most of law school admissions is a numbers game, so you'll probably get in where your number say you will get in. A few law schools seem to like weighty resumes (Northwestern comes to mind), but I wouldn't stress about it. One year isn't enough to do anything meaningful anyhow - adding a crap entry-level job to your resume isn't going to impress anyone. Many of you classmates will be K-JD's just like you and nobody will care.

Gator_Bait
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:58 pm

Re: Where can I get in at?

Postby Gator_Bait » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:22 am

120

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: Where can I get in at?

Postby PRgradBYU » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:12 am

Enjoy lawschoolnumbers.com.

User avatar
cahwc12
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Where can I get in at?

Postby cahwc12 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:05 am


User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: Where can I get in at?

Postby Dr. Dre » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:21 pm

DocHawkeye wrote:Most of law school admissions is a numbers game, so you'll probably get in where your number say you will get in. A few law schools seem to like weighty resumes (Northwestern comes to mind), but I wouldn't stress about it. One year isn't enough to do anything meaningful anyhow - adding a crap entry-level job to your resume isn't going to impress anyone. Many of you classmates will be K-JD's just like you and nobody will care.


this is probably one of the best posts i've read on TLS


seriously, he nails it when he says that 1-2 years of experience at a shit job will not impress anyone. Like adcoms will care that you did desk work. Any peasant with a B.A can do that shit.

User avatar
Solistus
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:23 am

Re: Where can I get in at?

Postby Solistus » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:57 pm

LSAT and GPA are far more important than anything else. Congrats on an excellent LSAT score!

With those numbers, if you apply early and write a decent personal statement, you might have a shot at H/S, you have good odds at CCN, and you're basically a lock everywhere else. You should probably have at least a couple decent $$ offers from T14s if you apply to all of them.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Where can I get in at?

Postby ManoftheHour » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:08 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:Like adcoms will care that you did desk work. Any peasant with a B.A can do that shit.


Truth. I didn't like my old job so I found a new desk job in two days. I don't get why people are unemployed...my resume is crap.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: Where can I get in at?

Postby Dr. Dre » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:07 pm

ManoftheHour wrote: I don't get why people are unemployed...my resume is crap.



It's because you actually hustle and don't just sit on your coach waiting for a job to appear.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: Where can I get in at?

Postby Dr. Dre » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:09 pm

Solistus wrote:
With those numbers, if you apply early and write a decent personal statement, you might have a shot at H/S, you have good odds at CCN, and you're basically a lock everywhere else.



This. Less people are applying to law school and less and less are taking the LSAT. High LSAT scores are a rare commodity now.


you're golden. congrats on the hard work you put into studying for that test.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, ophelia and 5 guests