Where can I get in at?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
TheBenMatlock

Where can I get in at?

Postby TheBenMatlock » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:54 am

I took the December LSAT and scored 176, my UGPA is 3.67 from Wake Forest. Unfortunately, all I have is my GPA and LSAT score. Where can I get in at with these numbers alone. I wish I had gone on some missionary trips to Africa or South America but there is nothing I can do about it now.

Should I take the year off and try to build my list of extracurricular activity?

DocHawkeye

Re: Where can I get in at?

Postby DocHawkeye » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:03 am

Most of law school admissions is a numbers game, so you'll probably get in where your number say you will get in. A few law schools seem to like weighty resumes (Northwestern comes to mind), but I wouldn't stress about it. One year isn't enough to do anything meaningful anyhow - adding a crap entry-level job to your resume isn't going to impress anyone. Many of you classmates will be K-JD's just like you and nobody will care.

Gator_Bait

Postby Gator_Bait » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:22 am

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:12 am

Enjoy lawschoolnumbers.com.

cahwc12

Postby cahwc12 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:05 am

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:21 pm

DocHawkeye wrote:Most of law school admissions is a numbers game, so you'll probably get in where your number say you will get in. A few law schools seem to like weighty resumes (Northwestern comes to mind), but I wouldn't stress about it. One year isn't enough to do anything meaningful anyhow - adding a crap entry-level job to your resume isn't going to impress anyone. Many of you classmates will be K-JD's just like you and nobody will care.

this is probably one of the best posts i've read on TLS

seriously, he nails it when he says that 1-2 years of experience at a shit job will not impress anyone. Like adcoms will care that you did desk work. Any peasant with a B.A can do that shit.

Solistus

Postby Solistus » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:57 pm

LSAT and GPA are far more important than anything else. Congrats on an excellent LSAT score!

With those numbers, if you apply early and write a decent personal statement, you might have a shot at H/S, you have good odds at CCN, and you're basically a lock everywhere else. You should probably have at least a couple decent $$ offers from T14s if you apply to all of them.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:08 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:Like adcoms will care that you did desk work. Any peasant with a B.A can do that shit.

Truth. I didn't like my old job so I found a new desk job in two days. I don't get why people are unemployed...my resume is crap.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:07 pm

ManoftheHour wrote: I don't get why people are unemployed...my resume is crap.

It's because you actually hustle and don't just sit on your coach waiting for a job to appear.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:09 pm

Solistus wrote:
With those numbers, if you apply early and write a decent personal statement, you might have a shot at H/S, you have good odds at CCN, and you're basically a lock everywhere else.

This. Less people are applying to law school and less and less are taking the LSAT. High LSAT scores are a rare commodity now.

you're golden. congrats on the hard work you put into studying for that test.

Return to “What are my chances?”