I like Harvard

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
GreatOdensRaven

I like Harvard

Postby GreatOdensRaven » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:14 am

Hi guys,

I took the December LSAT and scored 173 (only attempt) and my UGPA is 3.83 from Liberty University. My undergraduate major was in religion with a concentration in biblical languages. I have already applied to the University of Chicago's Ph.D. program in Religion and was accepted, but I want to go go to law school. I like Harvard but I am not sure how they will look at my undergraduate institution. I think the LSAT score is fine but that might be the wrong assumption on my behalf. I don't want to retake the LSAT because I might score lower and in doing so ruin my chances with Harvard. I know that Liberty University has put student into big law programs. I look forward to your insight.

Best Wishes,

GreatOdensRaven

nebula666

Re: I like Harvard

Postby nebula666 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:12 am

I don't think it will hurt you too much. Transitioning into the real world from the alternative reality into which you were immersed the last four years will be a big change. Good luck!

vzapana

Postby vzapana » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:37 pm

GreatOdensRaven wrote:Hi guys,

I took the December LSAT and scored 173 (only attempt) and my UGPA is 3.83 from Liberty University. My undergraduate major was in religion with a concentration in biblical languages. I have already applied to the University of Chicago's Ph.D. program in Religion and was accepted, but I want to go go to law school. I like Harvard but I am not sure how they will look at my undergraduate institution. I think the LSAT score is fine but that might be the wrong assumption on my behalf. I don't want to retake the LSAT because I might score lower and in doing so ruin my chances with Harvard. I know that Liberty University has put student into big law programs. I look forward to your insight.

Best Wishes,

GreatOdensRaven

Liberty should be able to give you the numerical profiles of Liberty graduates who have attended/are attending HLS.

With its reliance on online-degree programs and its 47% 6-year graduation rate (http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013 ... ry-falwell), the school strikes me as being a weaker higher-ed institution. Because of this, the fact that you have a below-median GPA may be problematic. But getting a PhD at Chicago is certainly a plus, and you have a solid LSAT score.

What are your softs?

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:46 pm

Are you sure you don't want to stick with uber-fundamentilist schools? I'm sure you would get a full ride at any of the fundamentalist law schools in the country. If you're catholic, I'm sure those schools would give you a full ride too.

Postby 052220151 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:15 pm

This is a troll, right?

twenty

Postby twenty » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:43 am

You have to decide between the chance of getting HYS (presumably you're okay with any one of those, and albeit it's a fairly good chance), and the guarantee of UChicago.

This seems like a troll to me, too.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:53 am

no one cares about where you went to school.
You might not get in anyway. Your stats are 50/50

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:52 pm

deputydog wrote:This is a troll, right?

I think so too. The idea of someone from Liberty getting a 3.83 isn't too far fetched. The idea that they got a 173 on the LSAT? That's very far fetched.

eric922

Postby eric922 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:47 pm

kapital98 wrote:
deputydog wrote:This is a troll, right?

I think so too. The idea of someone from Liberty getting a 3.83 isn't too far fetched. The idea that they got a 173 on the LSAT? That's very far fetched.

See to me it's the username that seems off. I'd imagine anyone at Liberty would consider referencing pagan gods to be a horrible sin. In my experience, at a fundamentalist high school, most fundamentalists don't have a sense of humor.

Return to “What are my chances?”