Follow me on twitter. lol jk, NEED ADVICE!

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
mhill12

Follow me on twitter. lol jk, NEED ADVICE!

Postby mhill12 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:33 pm

So I just applied to law school last week. My mom was very ill this semester and we didn't know if she would make it or our financial future as a family. However, my parents are still pushing me to enroll this upcoming Fall wherever I get accepted. Mostly Tier II schools, 3.5 GPA 158 LSAT. Should I just say screw it and enroll or sit out and retake next year despite my parents wanting me to enroll this fall?

AlanShore

Re: Follow me on twitter. lol jk, NEED ADVICE!

Postby AlanShore » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:35 pm

mhill12 wrote:So I just applied to law school last week. My mom was very ill this semester and we didn't know if she would make it or our financial future as a family. However, my parents are still pushing me to enroll this upcoming Fall wherever I get accepted. Mostly Tier II schools, 3.5 GPA 158 LSAT. Should I just say screw it and enroll or sit out and retake next year despite my parents wanting me to enroll this fall?

retake. sometimes parents have a tough time understanding these things but it's much better for your future to retake. good luck! don't rush. the economy isn't getting better anytime soon.

Davidbentley

Postby Davidbentley » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:38 pm

Barring any strange they're paying 100%/guaranteed job situation, tell your parents to fuck off and retake. (you can temper this language if you like, but let them know you mean business) COURAGE.

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:20 am

Definitely sit out and retake/reapply. With a 3.8, you have a shot at every school in the country, including HYS, if you raise your LSAT. Why would you settle for something like Brooklyn Law?

Return to “What are my chances?”