170/3.15 URM (PR)

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Fermin

170/3.15 URM (PR)

Postby Fermin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:53 pm

Note: This post is almost exactly the same as my earlier one except that I just had all the Fs retroactively turned into Ws with documentation from my doctor. I forget who suggested this to me, but thanks! I hope it makes a difference.

Puerto Rican URM. Initially went to a top 50 school for a few years, but ended up dropping out with barely a 2.0 (featuring quite a few Fs and Ws) due to mental health issues. Went to community college (graduated with a 3.75) and then state school (graduated with a 3.65). Have had quite a few internships including a private wealth management internship at a bulge bracket bank and an investment banking summer analyst position at a middle market bank. Have been out of school for about a year and work at a real estate investment firm/property management company.

I'd like to avoid taking the LSAT again. Also, I plan on working for the next year, which gives me about 2 years WE. What am I looking at?

J-e-L-L-o

Re: 170/3.15 URM (PR)

Postby J-e-L-L-o » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:32 pm

Make sure to send in your transcripts to have LSAC compute a new gpa if the 3.15 was before you got your grades changed.

Request Mod to move this to URM thread

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:35 pm

J-e-L-L-o wrote:Request Mod to move this to URM thread

Nothing wrong with having it in this forum though I will move it if OP really wants.

J-e-L-L-o

Postby J-e-L-L-o » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:54 pm

Forgot to say check out lawschoolnumbers.com

You have a shot T14 schools. With your work experience I would say you have a good chance at Northwestern. NU just put out a report that they are dropping class sizes though which may or not affect your outcome (so is most everyone else).

URM cycles are different. You can get into schools w/ lower numbers than traditional applicants. And your 170 stands out. I forget the actual number, but statistically you scored somewhere in the top 10% of URM test takers. I'm too lazy to search for the thread.

You can retake to try and get some more scholarship money, but you don't have to.

WokeUpInACar

Postby WokeUpInACar » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:57 pm

J-e-L-L-o wrote:Forgot to say check out lawschoolnumbers.com

You have a shot T14 schools. With your work experience I would say you have a good chance at Northwestern. NU just put out a report that they are dropping class sizes though which may or not affect your outcome (so is most everyone else).

URM cycles are different. You can get into schools w/ lower numbers than traditional applicants. And your 170 stands out. I forget the actual number, but statistically you scored somewhere in the top 10% of URM test takers. I'm too lazy to search for the thread.

You can retake to try and get some more scholarship money, but you don't have to.

Umm yeah... He scored in the top 3% of ALL test takers.

J-e-L-L-o

Postby J-e-L-L-o » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:04 pm

^ what they said.

I've had a long day lol.

Return to “What are my chances?”