What are my chances?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
fdcardoza

What are my chances?

Postby fdcardoza » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:10 pm

Hello all,

I was killing myself over my situation because it is kind of a weird one. First off, the school I want to be admitted to is 69th in the country, not a t-20 or even a t-40. Also, my stats are kind of weird. So, here we go:

LSAC GPA: 2.6 Degree GPA:3.1 Major GPA: 3.6 LSAT: 157. URM, 3 A+ LORs, URM, Worked all through undergrad. Son of immigrants, grew up impoverished, etc.

Taken in numbers, I suck. However, as a whole I think my application is competitive. Is my LSAC GPA considered an auto-reject? Has anyone out there gotten in better with worse?

Thanks.

John_rizzy_rawls

Re: What are my chances?

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:12 pm

fdcardoza wrote:Hello all,

I was killing myself over my situation because it is kind of a weird one. First off, the school I want to be admitted to is 69th in the country, not a t-20 or even a t-40. Also, my stats are kind of weird. So, here we go:

LSAC GPA: 2.6 Degree GPA:3.1 Major GPA: 3.6 LSAT: 157. URM, 3 A+ LORs, URM, Worked all through undergrad. Son of immigrants, grew up impoverished, etc.

Taken in numbers, I suck. However, as a whole I think my application is competitive. Is my LSAC GPA considered an auto-reject? Has anyone out there gotten in better with worse?

Thanks.

Your LSAT is what's killing you. Retake. A 165+ gives you fairly decentish options.

What kind of URM btw?

fdcardoza

Postby fdcardoza » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:15 pm

Latino male. And apparently, the school I'm gunning for has a strong desire to have a high Latino population.

A 165 is probably doable. I have hit higher in practice. However, I don't think they will take in any new scores. I talked to an admin, and he said the median LSAT this year was looking like a 155.

Presidentjlh

Postby Presidentjlh » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:51 pm

Retake, get 165+, T14 here you come.

Return to “What are my chances?”