Hey guys, a little unnecessary background: I've applied for this current cycle (3.73, 164) and my LSAT was a huge disappointment, as have been my results (Pepperdine 46k/yr, W&M 33k/yr, two schools with offers that I don't necessarily feel content with). So I'm weighing my options right now whether or not I should take a year off and risk a retake in October in hopes I'll get a better score. Wasn't very happy with my score the first time, but I'm not certain what is a reasonable jump in score with adequate amounts of studying. I'm assuming with that much studying that I could jump to 169, and then with that I'm wondering how likely I'd be to get scholly $$$ to USC/UCLA-esque schools.
Sorry that is all over the place, just kinda trying to seek a variety of advice right now since decision deadlines are coming up.
Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1419
- Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm
You should consult LSN for USC/UCLA-esque scholarship likelihood, but if you feel that your LSAT was a disappointment, that in itself should indicate that you're capable of doing better. I'd say it's possible for you to break the 170s by October if you study adequately and effectively from now until then. A 6-point score increase is not unheard of (I improved my score by 8 points). Good luck!