3.9 GPA from a small liberal arts school

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
L$AT Rocky

3.9 GPA from a small liberal arts school

Postby L$AT Rocky » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:39 pm

So I got a 3.9 GPA from a small Christian liberal arts university in VA and a 166 on the LSAT. I'm trying to get into a T14 school, but not sure if my strong GPA will be discounted somewhat because my undergrad is probably unknown to most law schools. Especially since my LSAT score isn't that impressive.

How much do you think law schools care about undergrad school prestige? For those of you who went to lesser-known schools and applied to law schools, do you think your GPA was viewed equally to others?

WhiteyCakes

Re: 3.9 GPA from a small liberal arts school

Postby WhiteyCakes » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:44 pm

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

Prestige doesn't mean shit outside H/Y/P

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:44 pm

L$AT Rocky wrote:So I got a 3.9 GPA from a small Christian liberal arts university in VA and a 166 on the LSAT. I'm trying to get into a T14 school, but not sure if my strong GPA will be discounted somewhat because my undergrad is probably unknown to most law schools. Especially since my LSAT score isn't that impressive.

How much do you think law schools care about undergrad school prestige? For those of you who went to lesser-known schools and applied to law schools, do you think your GPA was viewed equally to others?

Doesn't matter.

Law Sauce

Postby Law Sauce » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:50 pm

Decent shot at UVa

Davidbentley

Postby Davidbentley » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:10 pm

L$AT Rocky wrote:So I got a 3.9 GPA from a small Christian liberal arts university in VA and a 166 on the LSAT. I'm trying to get into a T14 school, but not sure if my strong GPA will be discounted somewhat because my undergrad is probably unknown to most law schools. Especially since my LSAT score isn't that impressive.

Your undergrad is irrelevant. You have a shot at the lower t-14. But, Retake. You have a "First Round Potential" GPA.

L$AT Rocky

Postby L$AT Rocky » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:38 pm

Thanks all. That was the answer I was hoping for.

I just got my score back from the Feb 2013 LSAT and was hoping for a bit better than 166. My practice scores were in the 165-170 range, so I guess it would be worth my time to retake if I can put in some more practice...

Return to “What are my chances?”