Chances on getting into an acceptable law school

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Rruno21

Chances on getting into an acceptable law school

Postby Rruno21 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:37 am

Dear experts,

Hello, I am a recent college graduate. I transfers schools (from a small liberal arts college to a huge state university) University of Maryland, at College Park, MD. Anyway my final GPA was a 2.65. I know terrible. I have ADHD but that is not an excuse. I have not taken the LSATs so I have no idea what my score would be. Now I am currently interning on Capitol Hill and seeking to find a staff position there. Now after I become an Legislative Assistant, I want to apply for Law School.
By then I would have taken an LSATs course and have a score. I know with my undergrad GPA I need a stellar LSAT score.
So my question is with my plan to become a Legislative Assistant I want to be able to tell the admissions board of a Law school that I help elected officials craft public law. Would that help give me an edge in applying to law school because of my low performance in Undergrad?
As well what books would you suggest or LSAT courses would any of you suggest? :shock:

Aawaldrop

Re: Chances on getting into an acceptable law school

Postby Aawaldrop » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:51 am

None without an LSAT.

There's a whole section of the forum dedicated to lsat prep with some very comprehensive guides. Your gpa will be a limiting factor and scoring as high as you can on the lsat is the only way you have a chance to over come that.

Also, why do you need a JD to be a legislative assistant?

Pumpkin_Pie

Re: Chances on getting into an acceptable law school

Postby Pumpkin_Pie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:04 am

To answer your question, work experience may give you a slight bump in admissions. (With the exception of a few schools that prefer WE.) It will be more beneficial after you graduate and are interviewing for jobs.

Anyhow, there's not much to say until you get an LSAT. Start studying!

Return to “What are my chances?”