176 /2.87 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Clearly

Gold

Re: 176 /2.87

Post by Clearly » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:56 am

Crowing wrote:Cornell has a pretty hard floor at 3.3. They dip a little rarely, but I don't think they will take 2.87.
I was under that impression too, but I found a few data points in my range over the years. I should be good for a fee waiver. I just found my numbers twin on LSN. http://lawschoolnumbers.com/whimsical His/Her cycle played out quite well. This makes me happy. My only concern is how valid NU is going to consider charity/self employment.

l0g0s

New

Post by l0g0s » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:22 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
Crowing wrote:Cornell has a pretty hard floor at 3.3. They dip a little rarely, but I don't think they will take 2.87.
I was under that impression too, but I found a few data points in my range over the years. I should be good for a fee waiver. I just found my numbers twin on LSN. http://lawschoolnumbers.com/whimsical His/Her cycle played out quite well. This makes me happy. My only concern is how valid NU is going to consider charity/self employment.
Assuming you were self-employed near full-time and making money, that's work experience, and the charity stuff is nice too. It's probably not an amazing soft generally speaking, but NU will count it.

Whimsical seems to be an especially strong applicant, not par for the course. Looks like she put some serious work into her application, diversity statement, why essays etc. Good lesson for all of us.

So yeah, just apply everywhere man. ED to UVA on day 1 if you really want to be there (otherwise low odds, unless they need some 170s off the waitlist late in the game), but looks like NU is a good bet and you'll have some other really good options.

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:35 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:
Yeah she still got a WL at Cornell though the UVA acceptance is encouraging.

That's crumpetsandtea on TLS btw if you wanted to contact her.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:36 pm

Crowing wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:
Yeah she still got a WL at Cornell though the UVA acceptance is encouraging.

That's crumpetsandtea on TLS btw if you wanted to contact her.
Seriously!? I remember her! lol

I'm happy to see some optimistic news! Anyone else have suggestions?
ED UVA, or blanket T 14 and see what the lack of high scores last cycle does for me?

ThomasCaruthersEsq

New

Post by ThomasCaruthersEsq » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:42 pm

http://www.myLSN.info/7hsrxp

Like others have said, NU seems to be your best bet.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:32 pm

Chances at UVA with ED? Chance at UVA RD?

I can't thank you all enough for your help so far! Last question! lol

domino

Bronze

Post by domino » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:54 pm

You might want to apply through the T6 as a "what the hell" measure as well.

A good friend of mine actually got into Chicago and NYU with a 2.9/180 back in 2004. He had a strong interview (he really can come across as brilliant in person, so that might have helped him) and while his GPA was not-so-good, there were bright spots--A+s in advanced econ electives he was super interested in. Maybe if you can tell a story about your package that convinces adcomms you are bright and can commit to buckling down from here on out, it could work out.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”