xx

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
cuchar

xx

Postby cuchar » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:12 pm

deleted
Last edited by cuchar on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bloomsie

Re: 3.5/171

Postby Bloomsie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:08 pm

cuchar wrote:I am a junior at a top 25 public university and my GPA is currently a 3.44 but I am absolutely confident that after this semester I can pull it up to a 3.5. I had a bad freshman year with a GPA around a 3.2 but my grades have gone up consistently every semester with the last two semesters being over a 3.6. I am involved in greek life and a couple clubs and have had several internships and work experience. I'm not a URM. I have good relationships with several professors and feel like I could get good recs.

I go to school in the south and I know I want to go to law school here as well. Before I took the LSAT I was just hoping to be able to consider UGA and UNC because my practice test scores averaged to around a 164. Now, I am totally lost as to what to do. I have perused this board for months and all the probability calculators are telling me different things. Do I have a shot at schools like UVA, Duke and Vanderbilt? Is there a chance I would receive scholarship money at places like UNC and UGA? I know my score is fine for these places, but my GPA is low so I don't know what is realistic or if grade trends really play a huge role.

I have a 3.5X and a 170 and got 95k from Vanderbilt, and admitted to UVA, although no scholarship info yet. I'm in-state at UVA, so that might've played a role in the acceptance. In any case, I think you have a good shot at money from Vandy, significant money if you get that GPA up. I have WE, but nothing incredible, so I don't think that was the deciding factor in my case.

anarkali

Postby anarkali » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:25 pm

cuchar wrote:I am a junior at a top 25 public university and my GPA is currently a 3.44 but I am absolutely confident that after this semester I can pull it up to a 3.5. I had a bad freshman year with a GPA around a 3.2 but my grades have gone up consistently every semester with the last two semesters being over a 3.6. I am involved in greek life and a couple clubs and have had several internships and work experience. I'm not a URM. I have good relationships with several professors and feel like I could get good recs.

I go to school in the south and I know I want to go to law school here as well. Before I took the LSAT I was just hoping to be able to consider UGA and UNC because my practice test scores averaged to around a 164. Now, I am totally lost as to what to do. I have perused this board for months and all the probability calculators are telling me different things. Do I have a shot at schools like UVA, Duke and Vanderbilt? Is there a chance I would receive scholarship money at places like UNC and UGA? I know my score is fine for these places, but my GPA is low so I don't know what is realistic or if grade trends really play a huge role.

I have basically your exact stats and am also from the South. I also got a scholarship at Vanderbilt for 95k and got accepted at Duke, hoping for a scholarship there as well. I got wait-listed at UVA.

Rahviveh

Postby Rahviveh » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:42 pm

UVA is a crapshoot with those stats, but your chances are very good if you ED.

Return to “What are my chances?”