3.0 // 168 on February LSAT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
6traindown

3.0 // 168 on February LSAT

Postby 6traindown » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:03 pm

3.0 // 168

Worked two years in a non-profit in both LA and DC and now coming up on one year in the legal field as a legal assistant.

I am sorely regretting doing so many organizational activities during undergrad. I was President of two active organizations by senior year and this took a toll on my GPA.

However, due to my extracurricular activities, which led me to my first job, I believe I can write a very strong personal statement and get good recs from my former and current bosses along with a professor that I worked with in an organizing class.

Please let me know your thoughts if you think you can help give me more insight.

Am I wasting my time hoping for UCLA or USC?

I honestly don't want to go to Loyola so I'm trying to stay optimistic and do my best and put apps in as soon as they are available to submit this fall.

Should I re-take the LSAT for a higher score? I already took it once last October and cancelled the December test.

Thank you in advance!

stuckinthemiddle

Re: 3.0 // 168 on February LSAT

Postby stuckinthemiddle » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:10 pm

That's a good LSAT score! If you had a good GPA, you'd be T14-bound. Still, to make up for that GPA, I'd think you'd have to hit 170 for lower T-14 and USC/UCLA/Vandy/UT/Fordham/BC/BU/etc. and maybe 172+ for middle T14.

Good luck!

BigZuck

Re: 3.0 // 168 on February LSAT

Postby BigZuck » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:50 am

6traindown wrote:3.0 // 168

Worked two years in a non-profit in both LA and DC and now coming up on one year in the legal field as a legal assistant.

I am sorely regretting doing so many organizational activities during undergrad. I was President of two active organizations by senior year and this took a toll on my GPA.

However, due to my extracurricular activities, which led me to my first job, I believe I can write a very strong personal statement and get good recs from my former and current bosses along with a professor that I worked with in an organizing class.

Please let me know your thoughts if you think you can help give me more insight.

Am I wasting my time hoping for UCLA or USC?

I honestly don't want to go to Loyola so I'm trying to stay optimistic and do my best and put apps in as soon as they are available to submit this fall.

Should I re-take the LSAT for a higher score? I already took it once last October and cancelled the December test.

Thank you in advance!

Yes, retake. Waste of an app at UCLA/USC. Hit 170+ and aim higher. UVA and NU would be good targets. Don't try and explain away a poor gpa with too much time spent on fluff extra curriculars.

Return to “What are my chances?”