what are my chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
vickiherman

New

what are my chances?

Post by vickiherman » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:17 pm

I am scoring a 169 on my practice LSATs, but have a low low gpa 2.25 (my transcript is 3.2), due to test anxiety, that I overcame my junior year, when I take the June LSAT:

If I score a 169 with my 2.25, is there any chance of landing a Tier 1 (20-50) acceptance? I will be applying in the Fall, and will have one more semester left before I officially graduate, so when I apply halfway through my last year, another semester of 4.0 could bring the gpa up to a 2.5 which will help a tad. So is there anyway when I apply in the Fall, in the addendum could I allude to the increase in grades that could occur, and some of the schools Tier 1 could waitlist me?

Is 169 enough to offset the gpa? Do schools waitlist you if you havent officially graduated when you apply and then if you have say a semester of A's, that can maybe tip the scales?

nebula666

Silver

Re: what are my chances?

Post by nebula666 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:21 pm

Test anxiety when all of your law school classes are 1 test for your whole grade is probably going to be a problem if you end up going.

You are such a super-splitter that it is impossible to predict. I'd still blanket every school from the T20 and down that you are interested in.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:23 pm

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:00 pm

Come back when you have an official LSAT score. Don't waste our time with hypothetical situations.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”