Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Does a Harvard GPA get a boost?

Yes
21%
No
79%

Total votes: 72

Pizzaburger

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby Pizzaburger » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:10 pm

New username? This keeps getting stranger and stranger

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:25 pm

LOL OP must have BEGGED the mods to nuke his account since he used his real name

throw-away-soon

Postby throw-away-soon » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:30 pm

20130228 wrote:Admissions counselors can go to grad school after a while. There are things called case managers and interviewers.

While I feel it's only necessary to comment on the Harvard admissions misconception,

I would have to feel bad for your friend because if I was only able to raise $500,000 that would be depressing.

Lol he did it in a span of 3 months for a PAC that would support a minority candidate...and he was a paranoid schiophreniz without your "connections" or fancy Harvard degree. And that was just the one he created and ran. By himself. He did far more than you have in a shorter amoun of time, while supporting non corrupt politicians who were competent...while dealing with one of the most serious mental health conditions you can have. Sadly, you possess that same narcissism he had that drove him prison. He thought he was some master of politics and no one could replicate what he did. I know SO MANY people who have your experiences, so I don't know why you think it's so special. The dems have a ton of money and plenty of rich donors. For all I know you could have just talked to some rich business man who wrote one large check or funneled it through his PACs or whatever other avenue the wealthy use to influence elections. It's really easy to get a campaign job and raise money. Anyone can do it. There's plenty of stupid people with money to manipulate.

The point is, normal people don't make comments like you have. I've made plenty of stupid rambling comments on here, but I admit I have a mental health condition and I at least recognize my comments are off the wall or abnormal at times, or whateve. I don't delude myself in to thinking I'm the next political messiah because so raised money that doesn't require much skill and have a bunch of "connections" etc etc.

Seriously, get some help.

Associating with corrupt polticians in a corrupt state doesn't look good to those who aren't corrupt.

Wow a democratic campaigner in PA? I have you to thank for further polluting the already corrupt political culture in PA.

tachikara

Postby tachikara » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:32 pm

--
Last edited by tachikara on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pizzaburger

Postby Pizzaburger » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:48 pm

throw-away-soon wrote:Associating with corrupt polticians in a corrupt state doesn't look good to those who aren't corrupt.

Wow a democratic campaigner in PA? I have you to thank for further polluting the already corrupt political culture in PA.

This quote from Mark Twain suggests that it has been bad for quite a while:

Wm. Penn achieved the deathless gratitude of the savage by merely dealing in a square way with them--well, kind of a square way, anyhow--more rectangular than the savage was used to, at any rate. He bought the whole State of Pa. from them & paid for it like a man. Paid $40 worth of glass beads & a couple of second-hand blankets. Bought the whole State for that. Why you can't buy its legislature for twice the money now.
- Notebook, Aug. 1890-June 1891
Mark Twain

curious66

Postby curious66 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:51 pm

tachikara wrote:For someone who has political aspirations on the hill, this guy hands out personal information like candy. We know his UG GPA, graduation date, HS GPA, SATs, birthplace, political affiliations, participation in campaigns, and quite possibly a first name. I can't believed he hasn't been doxxed yet. If OP isn't a troll, I'm starting to think that admin's might want to remove this thread, for his protection.

+1. Something is off with this entire thread.

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:51 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:LOL OP must have BEGGED the mods to nuke his account since he used his real name

Poor, poor richard.

holmesboy

Postby holmesboy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:14 pm

BelugaWhale wrote:
amc987 wrote:You should be ok for Gtown if you get 170+. If you can get your GPA up to 3.5 by the time you graduate and crack 175, I think you'd probably get CCN. You might even be able to get Harvard if you score high enough (maybe 176 or 177). HLS really likes Harvard grads and every other law school will give you a GPA boost for going to HYP.

Good luck!

Everything bolded is completely wrong. Everything not bolded is mostly wrong

BelugaWhale wrote: edit-http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-content/uploads/Law-School-Predictor-Full-Time-Programs.htm

you can see even assuming you get a 3.5 and 170, Georgetown is iffy and the top schools are completely out

I get that you're rooting against this guy, but saying a 175/3.5 in a cycle with declining apps doesn't give him a chance at CCN is just wrong. And a 170/3.5 wouldn't be all that iffy at Georgetown. Basically, everything you wrote is wrong.

holmesboy

Postby holmesboy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:15 pm

tachikara wrote:For someone who has political aspirations on the hill, this guy hands out personal information like candy. We know his UG GPA, graduation date, HS GPA, SATs, birthplace, political affiliations, participation in campaigns, and quite possibly a first name. I can't believed he hasn't been doxxed yet. If OP isn't a troll, I'm starting to think that admin's might want to remove this thread, for his protection.

Yeah, this is true.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:15 pm

holmesboy wrote:
BelugaWhale wrote:
amc987 wrote:You should be ok for Gtown if you get 170+. If you can get your GPA up to 3.5 by the time you graduate and crack 175, I think you'd probably get CCN. You might even be able to get Harvard if you score high enough (maybe 176 or 177). HLS really likes Harvard grads and every other law school will give you a GPA boost for going to HYP.

Good luck!

BelugaWhale wrote: edit-http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-content/uploads/Law-School-Predictor-Full-Time-Programs.htm

you can see even assuming you get a 3.5 and 170, Georgetown is iffy and the top schools are completely out

I get that you're rooting against this guy, but saying a 175/3.5 in a cycle with declining apps doesn't give him a chance at CCN is just wrong. And a 170/3.5 wouldn't be all that iffy at Georgetown. Basically, everything you wrote is wrong.

It's all kind of a moot point, though. I don't see OP being able to crack a 170+ while maintaining his illustrious political career.

holmesboy

Postby holmesboy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:23 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
holmesboy wrote:
BelugaWhale wrote:

Good luck!

It's all kind of a moot point, though. I don't see OP being able to crack a 170+ while maintaining his illustrious political career.

It might be a moo point, but I get the feeling that OP is already illustriouspoliticalcareersecure. He could probs take a week or two off, get a 170+ on the LSAT, then go back to raising $500,000++.

throw-away-soon

Postby throw-away-soon » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:04 pm

And one of his employers. What kind of "team player" would release a draft of a press release/speech/public comment online in an attempt to make the person look stupid/in need of his help? That is so disrespectful. If I were in politics, hell, any field really, and I heard that an applicant did that to a former boss, I'd never hire them.

Gatriel

Postby Gatriel » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:07 pm

Gas yourself troll.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:50 pm

holmesboy wrote:
It might be a moo point, but I get the feeling that OP is already illustriouspoliticalcareersecure. He could probs take a week or two off, get a 170+ on the LSAT, then go back to raising $500,000++.

enigmabk

Postby enigmabk » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:57 pm

this thread is money, thanks to those TLSers who continue to feed the troll

holmesboy

Postby holmesboy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:54 am

One of my favorite lines from Friends. I wasn't technologically savvy enough to do the gif, so thank you.

dr123

Postby dr123 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:55 am

the fuck happened in here?

John_rizzy_rawls

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:21 am

dr123 wrote:the fuck happened in here?

Douchey politico from Harvard with a bad GPA and no LSAT asking folks how he can get into GW or GULC so he can work on the hill. Wants a boost for being a Harvard UG. Puts down lesser schools. Elitist idiots defend him, others demonize him. He goes on a passive-aggressive "I <3 Haterz" + "I come from humble beginnings!" campaign. Also alts because he gave away way too much info about himself and specific campaigns he's worked on. Gets shit on. Holmes and Bizzy predictably hop on his dick. Everyone else is totally off-put by what a dick he is.

Internet shenanigans ensue.

Nothing worth reading 10+ pages for. You'll either not care or it'll just piss you off.

holmesboy

Postby holmesboy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:25 am

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:

Douchey politico from Harvard with a bad GPA and no LSAT asking folks how he can get into GW or GULC so he can work on the hill. Wants a boost for being a Harvard UG. Puts down lesser schools. Elitist idiots defend him, others demonized him. He goes on a passive-aggressive "I <3 Haterz" + "I come from humble beginnings!" campaign. Gets shit on. Holmes and Bizzy predictably hop on his dick. Everyone else is totally off-put by what a dick he is.

Nothing worth reading 10+ pages for. You'll either not care or it'll just piss you off.

The fuck?

bizzybone1313

Postby bizzybone1313 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:27 am

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:

Douchey politico from Harvard with a bad GPA and no LSAT asking folks how he can get into GW or GULC so he can work on the hill. Wants a boost for being a Harvard UG. Puts down lesser schools. Elitist idiots defend him, others demonized him. He goes on a passive-aggressive "I <3 Haterz" + "I come from humble beginnings!" campaign. Gets shit on. Holmes and Bizzy predictably hop on his dick. Everyone else is totally off-put by what a dick he is.

I didn't ride his dick. Ya'll peeps rode him too hard. I do agree with the too much personal info disclosed part though.

holmesboy

Postby holmesboy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:30 am

bizzybone1313 wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:

I didn't ride his dick. Ya'll peeps rode him too hard. I do agree with the too much personal info disclosed part though.

Yeah, this. I was trying to give genuine advice on LSAT scores. I laughed at the funny stuff.

Pizzaburger

Postby Pizzaburger » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:30 am

TLS: change your (user)name, change your dreams

TheThriller

Postby TheThriller » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:22 pm

So what exactly is a pizzaburger?

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:40 pm

I don't know what happened in this shit show of a thread and I'm not going to read 10 pages of back-and-forth between an entitled immature Harvard kid crying about being a special snowflake and TLSers with an irrationally strong need to put this kid in his place. We see this kind of special-snowflake stuff all the time from non-Harvard kids, and I don't see this level of animosity with them.

Anyway, OP, I went to HYP and have seen the equivalent of LSN for HYP undergrads, and there is a small boost, especially when you are applying to the school at which you are an undergrad (sucks for P people but oh well). Harvard will let you look at these graphs if you ask your prelaw advisor but they won't let you copy and disseminate them. The only non-URMs with under a 3.5 who I know at HLS went to Harvard as undergrads and knocked the LSAT out of the park. Regardless of their 175+ LSAT scores, those people would've had 0 shot at HLS without having gone to Harvard for undergrad given their 3.3-3.4 GPAs. But that outcome is pretty rare. The more common boost is an LSAT boost. 170/3.8-3.9 from HYPS has a much better shot at HYS (and is close to a lock at CCN) than a normal 170/3.8-3.9. I wish I had paid more attention to people under both medians and how they fared, but I didn't really.

Now, mind you, this boost is not that big, and it could be explained by the fact that HYP undergrads have better resumes from a combination of needing a good resume to get into HYP and also having access to the opportunities afforded by going to school there. My advice for you is to get your GPA up as much as possible. You're only a sophomore so you have plenty of time. Quit your whining about taking grad classes. They aren't harder than undergrad classes. In fact, a lot of them are easier because some grad programs have lower standards for admission than undergrad. You should be able to get to 3.5-3.6 by the time you graduate, which will make pretty much anywhere (except YS) a possibility with a good LSAT score. Then study hardcore for the LSAT. Don't stop studying until you are averaging 175+ on practice tests. Even though there may be a small boost from coming from Harvard, to put yourself in the best position you want to be above one median, which for you will probably be the LSAT median. Then apply and profit. Don't bother with GW unless you get a full ride (unlikely with your GPA). Only go to GT with a big scholarship.

laxbrah420

Postby laxbrah420 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:24 pm

Good post even though I don't agree with calling TLS posters irrational.

Return to “What are my chances?”