Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Does a Harvard GPA get a boost?

Yes
21%
No
79%

Total votes: 72

laxbrah420

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby laxbrah420 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:35 am

RichardHarvard2014 wrote:That's pathetic.

I had to edit that stuff at the beginning so it didn't read like a cereal box.

Dude it's fine. Self pity is not a turn on to me.

Ph297

Postby Ph297 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:36 am

RichardHarvard2014 wrote:Lol this is really embarrassing and unedited, but it is the first KK file I found on the Mac:

Posted for speed.

Dear Friends at Fox News Philly,

Being that I am a resident and prosecutor in Northeast Pennsylvania, I find it tough to be a loyal fan of your show being that it airs in Philadelphia, but I do read your online news almost every day. I try to learn about as much that is happening in the state as possible, and your website has allowed me to better understand the tough issues that our family and friends face in the southeast. You run a tight ship at Fox.
Yet, there is one thing that I would like to ask of you, in fairness.
I am a candidate for Attorney General in Pennsylvania, and if elected I will be the first Democrat (and first woman) elected. However, I have not yet been on your channel. My opponent Patrick Murphy was on air at least twice. I would really appreciate to meet with someone from your station and talk about the issues that really matter to me. My record speaks for itself: I have prosecuted 1000s of cases in the last 15 years, most while my opponent was still in law school. I would really appreciate the opportunity to get my message out there so that Pennsylvanians realize there is a real choice to make this coming May.

Thanks so much.

Kathleen Granahan Kane

You wrote that?

Postby 20130228 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:36 am

It's not self pity, that's the candidate's draft lmao

"Sometimes I go about in pity for myself, and all the while, a great wind carries me across the sky".

amc987

Postby amc987 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:36 am

You should be ok for Gtown if you get 170+. If you can get your GPA up to 3.5 by the time you graduate and crack 175, I think you'd probably get CCN. You might even be able to get Harvard if you score high enough (maybe 176 or 177). HLS really likes Harvard grads and every other law school will give you a GPA boost for going to HYP.

Good luck!

bizzybone1313

Postby bizzybone1313 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:38 am

Ok. This has been fun, but I am tired. Time to get in my king size Tempur Pedic Cloude Luxe bed. I highly recommend it. The best $5,000 I have ever spent.

Borg

Postby Borg » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:38 am

A few thoughts:

1) OP is a perfect example of precisely why DC is known as a town full of worthless insufferable shitbags who aren't actually capable of doing anything productive. They play in a little nonprofit political arena that no one who has what it takes to make it in anything that matters would ever touch unless they were running for something, and then they have the audacity to think that they're important. OOOOOHHHH WOWWWWW you put up flyers for a guy who got elected to congress!?!?!?!?!?!?! I'm sure that there aren't plenty of other misguided little sycophants who could have done that job!! Capitol Hill is full of people who are so delusional and idiotic that they think that being a staffer equates to having even a tiny bit of influence over the way society works. Newsflash, motherfucker: the private sector runs the world, and you do what you're told by us. Important people get paid at a level that reflects their rarity, and you get $35k. If you had skills that others didn't, you'd get paid more. Very few people in DC actually matter to the world, and you're not even close to being one of them.

2) People with actual political power don't get there by being brown nosing loser aides. No one's going to find your story about the time you bravely wiped Chris Dodd's cum off of your chin compelling when you want to run for office. If you're serious about being a politician, do something with your life. Jamie Dimon's secretary isn't next in line to be CEO, and you're not next in line to be elected to anything.

3) Your pathetic 3.3 from Harvard is barely enough to get into Georgetown. You'll need a 170 at least. Harvard Law is going to wipe its ass with your diploma, as will Yale, Stanford, Columbia, Chicago, and NYU. Doesn't matter that you went to Harvard. Numbers don't lie, and are frankly dispositive when it comes to law school. I knew exactly where I'd get in before I even applied, and so does every other smart person. And I know that you're going to have to struggle mightily to even pull of getting into Georgetown.

Ph297

Postby Ph297 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:38 am

RichardHarvard2014 wrote:It's not self pity, that's the candidate's draft lmao

"Sometimes I go about in pity for myself, and all the while, a great wind carries me across the sky".

What was the point of posting it then? and congrats on being hired by a moron in that case.

Postby 20130228 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:40 am

Thanks.

I have a 3.3 overall.

3.78 First semester Sophomore year
3.10 2nd semester; sobriety troubles and 4 grad classes (2 Law, 2 Kennedy).

Overall a 3.3 for 4 terms.

Will work on GPA and LSATs.

Thank you.

laxbrah420

Postby laxbrah420 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:40 am

RichardHarvard2014 wrote:It's not self pity, that's the candidate's draft lmao

Seriously I'm totally fascinated by the Ojibwe people. We might be friends after all

John_rizzy_rawls

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:40 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Why does Wikipedia say she was born in 1966 or 1967? Do they even keep records in Pennsylvania?

Politically, PA is like FL just sub hicks for olds. Same level of incompetence.

So who's Kathleen Kane? Is she like their Katherine Harris? Cuz I actually know Katherine Harris.

She's a Hillary backer who ran for PA AG with bitter Clinton backer money. Murphy was the very first Dem in Congress to back Obama back in 2007. Clinton camp sent a bunch of the most crooked Dem politicos to work on Kane's campaign. Whole thing was shit - voter fraud, ballot stuffing, endorsement stacking - like more than usual.

Murphy couldn't gain enough traction because he was getting death threats for actually repping real shit like repealing DADT, extending and expanding VAWA, and advocating for Warren for Senate, expansion of the CFPB, and incarceration of complicit banking Execs. All before any of that stuff was fad status for Dems. HipsterPatMurphy.jpg.

She came out of the primary because she completely stopped doing her job as an Assistant DA to run as a DINO. Just pure politics and bullshit.

She's not much worse than any other politician but Murphy is certainly better than most so him losing on account of bitter Clinton backers and someone like Kane stung.
Last edited by John_rizzy_rawls on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ph297

Postby Ph297 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:41 am

Borg wrote:A few thoughts:

1) OP is a perfect example of precisely why DC is known as a town full of worthless insufferable shitbags who aren't actually capable of doing anything productive. They play in a little nonprofit political arena that no one who has what it takes to make it in anything that matters would ever touch unless they were running for something, and then they have the audacity to think that they're important. OOOOOHHHH WOWWWWW you put up flyers for a guy who got elected to congress!?!?!?!?!?!?! I'm sure that there aren't plenty of other misguided little sycophants who could have done that job!! Capitol Hill is full of people who are so delusional and idiotic that they think that being a staffer equates to having even a tiny bit of influence over the way society works. Newsflash, motherfucker: the private sector runs the world, and you do what you're told by us. Important people get paid at a level that reflects their rarity, and you get $35k. If you had skills that others didn't, you'd get paid more. Very few people in DC actually matter to the world, and you're not even close to being one of them.

2) People with actual political power don't get there by being brown nosing loser aides. No one's going to find your story about the time you bravely wiped Chris Dodd's cum off of your chin compelling when you want to run for office. If you're serious about being a politician, do something with your life. Jamie Dimon's secretary isn't next in line to be CEO, and you're not next in line to be elected to anything.

3) Your pathetic 3.3 from Harvard is barely enough to get into Georgetown. You'll need a 170 at least. Harvard Law is going to wipe its ass with your diploma, as will Yale, Stanford, Columbia, Chicago, and NYU. Doesn't matter that you went to Harvard. Numbers don't lie, and are frankly dispositive when it comes to law school. I knew exactly where I'd get in before I even applied, and so does every other smart person. And I know that you're going to have to struggle mightily to even pull of getting into Georgetown.

So true

Postby 20130228 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:42 am

I posted it because people are like "OMG YOU didnt work on campaigns!! youre on this message board you couldnt do that" ... SO I copied the first thing I found.

And dude it's the best when you're smarter than the candidate. The hands on stuff is trivial, but the stuff in conversation can affect years of policy - or just one vote. Takes some trial and error. Kathleen's a great person.

holmesboy

Postby holmesboy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:42 am

RichardHarvard2014 wrote:Thanks.

I have a 3.3 overall.

3.78 First semester Sophomore year
3.10 2nd semester; sobriety troubles and 4 grad classes (2 Law, 2 Kennedy).

Overall a 3.3 for 4 terms.

Will work on GPA and LSATs.

Thank you.

Take easy classes, and pull off another 3.8

holmesboy

Postby holmesboy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:43 am

RichardHarvard2014 wrote:I posted it because people are like "OMG YOU didnt work on campaigns!! youre on this message board you couldnt do that" ... SO I copied the first thing I found.

And dude it's the best when you're smarter than the candidate. The hands on stuff is trivial, but the stuff in conversation can affect years of policy - or just one vote. Takes some trial and error. Kathleen's a great person.

You're smarter than Kathleen?

Rahviveh

Postby Rahviveh » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:44 am

RichardHarvard2014 wrote:I posted it because people are like "OMG YOU didnt work on campaigns!! youre on this message board you couldnt do that" ... SO I copied the first thing I found.

Working on a campaign isn't impressive or rare. Political experience is actually quite common among law school applicants. It probably won't give you a boost at all.

Postby 20130228 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:44 am

Ew dude, sorry you got the Chris Dodd cum-wiping opportunity.

I'll stick with the "what do you think Pelosi would say about the Wisconsin union uprising?"

Um..... "We stand in solidarity?"

John_rizzy_rawls

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:45 am

RichardHarvard2014 wrote:Kathleen's a great person.

Patently false.

Ph297

Postby Ph297 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:45 am

What? This is so asinine. I don't know why I keep reading this kid's garbage. Affecting years of policy by chatting with an attorney general? Do you know what an attorney general does? Read borgs post

Postby 20130228 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:46 am

I meant it's great when you're smarter than the candidate but I don't think you could say that about Kathleen and I,
she's been practicing a long long time and is a sharp business type. I mean where she can't necessarily analyze the trends of voters by county by ward, I can't plan how the AG should act in the first 100 days.

Postby 20130228 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:47 am

In Pennsylvania the AG basically has veto power over the governor. It's not called that, but she can stop his actions.

Like with privatizing the lottery.

No I don't think I can magically change her mind about issues, but months of conversation leads people to hear other stories and perspectives on how the states work.

Ok gotta go to bed. Charlie Cook tomorrow.

holmesboy

Postby holmesboy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:48 am

RichardHarvard2014 wrote:In Pennsylvania the AG basically has veto power over the governor. It's not called that, but she can stop his actions.

Like with privatizing the lottery.

No I don't think I can magically change her mind about issues, but months of conversation leads people to hear other stories and perspectives on how the states work.

Ok gotta go to bed. Charlie Cook tomorrow.

Good night bro. See you tomorrow!

Postby 20130228 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:58 am

Goodnight Holmesboy! Thank you for your respectful behavior.

You mentioned something about campaign opportunities I think?

Lieutenant Governor TIm Murray

Eyeing his seat: 2012 DNC chief Steve Kerrigan and former Edward Kennedy aide

raynmaker1005

Postby raynmaker1005 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:42 am

vinnnyvincenzo wrote:
RichardHarvard2014 wrote:Do you have any reasoning or evidence?

I don't see how a 3.3 at Harvard is = a 3.3 at let's say Penn State.

This air of superiority and belittling comments like this are why people who didnt go to Harvard generally hate people who did.

a little late.. but +1

Pizzaburger

Postby Pizzaburger » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:04 am

RichardHarvard2014 wrote:Lol this is really embarrassing and unedited, but it is the first KK file I found on the Mac:

Posted for speed.

Dear Friends at Fox News Philly,

Being that I am a resident and prosecutor in Northeast Pennsylvania, I find it tough to be a loyal fan of your show being that it airs in Philadelphia, but I do read your online news almost every day. I try to learn about as much that is happening in the state as possible, and your website has allowed me to better understand the tough issues that our family and friends face in the southeast. You run a tight ship at Fox.
Yet, there is one thing that I would like to ask of you, in fairness.
I am a candidate for Attorney General in Pennsylvania, and if elected I will be the first Democrat (and first woman) elected. However, I have not yet been on your channel. My opponent Patrick Murphy was on air at least twice. I would really appreciate to meet with someone from your station and talk about the issues that really matter to me. My record speaks for itself: I have prosecuted 1000s of cases in the last 15 years, most while my opponent was still in law school. I would really appreciate the opportunity to get my message out there so that Pennsylvanians realize there is a real choice to make this coming May.

Thanks so much.

Kathleen Granahan Kane

If I was an elected official (or a candidate for an elected position) and I found out that one of my employees (especially an undergrad intern) was posting anything like this on an online message board, I would fire them and kick them to the curb before they could say, "Wait, I'm irreplaceable!"

FYI, while the message to the Fox affiliate may be innocuous, the act of posting any communications that were provided to you in confidence is very unprofessional and raises the question of what other files on your Mac you might have readily shared with an unknown number of total strangers on the internet.

Postby 20130228 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:11 am

Lol I quit months ago dude

Return to “What are my chances?”