Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Does a Harvard GPA get a boost?

Yes
15
21%
No
57
79%
 
Total votes: 72

User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:57 am

laxbrah420 wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:
rad lulz wrote:OP you need to apply to American ASAP. It is an excellent school for your goals.


Harvard undergrad to American law. That would be a damn shame. I know a guy that went from Cornell undergrad to Emory and from Penn undergrad to UT law. These guys did what OP is going to have to do: Go from an elite undergrad to a mediocre law school, when they should have done it the other way around.

UT and Emory are both well regarded institutions you snooty guy.


BUT NOT ENOUGH NOTABLE ALUMNI. DURR.

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby laxbrah420 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:57 am

Oh maybe Tennessee?

User avatar
bizzybone1313
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby bizzybone1313 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:58 am

rad lulz wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:
rad lulz wrote:OP you need to apply to American ASAP. It is an excellent school for your goals.


Harvard undergrad to American law. That would be a damn shame. I know a guy that went from Cornell undergrad to Emory and from Penn undergrad to UT law. These guys did what OP is going to have to do: Go from an elite undergrad to a mediocre law school, when they should have done it the other way around.

Dude have you done any reading about American? The schools programs mesh perfectly with OPs goals.


If I was OP, I wouldn't soil my Harvard undergrad pedigree with American or GW next to it. I would join the Navy or something and aim to be the next JFK. JFK made it pretty far with a Harvard undergrad. Or, I would gun hard for an elite MBA. He is in a tough spot though. Harvard and Georgetown would mesh fairly well. If he absolutely has to be in DC, it is going to be tough.

User avatar
holmesboy
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:05 am

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby holmesboy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:58 am

bizzybone1313 wrote:
rad lulz wrote:OP you need to apply to American ASAP. It is an excellent school for your goals.


Harvard undergrad to American law. That would be a damn shame. I know a guy that went from Cornell undergrad to Emory and from Penn undergrad to UT law. These guys did what OP is going to have to do: Go from an elite undergrad to a mediocre law school, when they should have done it the other way around.



I went from ivy to GeorgeTTTown. I'll go killself now.

User avatar
bizzybone1313
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby bizzybone1313 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:00 am

Nova wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote: from Penn undergrad to UT law. These guys did what OP is going to have to do: Go from an elite undergrad to a mediocre law school,

Only on TLS :lol:


UT is obviously a very good school. But people that attend Ivy's tend to be such pricks in the first place, especially these two guys that I am referencing. Those two guys are douche bags. I am very fond of UT actually, but I have been indoctrinated to believe otherwise by TLS groupthink.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby rad lulz » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:01 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:
rad lulz wrote:OP you need to apply to American ASAP. It is an excellent school for your goals.


Harvard undergrad to American law. That would be a damn shame. I know a guy that went from Cornell undergrad to Emory and from Penn undergrad to UT law. These guys did what OP is going to have to do: Go from an elite undergrad to a mediocre law school, when they should have done it the other way around.

Dude have you done any reading about American? The schools programs mesh perfectly with OPs goals.

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

This.

Also the school is well respected in DC political circles.

OP, it's not too late to apply

User avatar
holmesboy
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:05 am

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby holmesboy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:03 am

bizzybone1313 wrote:
Nova wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote: from Penn undergrad to UT law. These guys did what OP is going to have to do: Go from an elite undergrad to a mediocre law school,

Only on TLS :lol:


UT is obviously a very good school. But people that attend Ivy's tend to be such pricks in the first place, especially these two guys that I am referencing. Those two guys are douche bags. I am very fond of UT actually, but I have been indoctrinated to believe otherwise by TLS groupthink.



UT is fucking awesome, even if its football and basketball programs leave something to be desired as of late.

User avatar
bizzybone1313
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby bizzybone1313 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:03 am

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
laxbrah420 wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:
rad lulz wrote:OP you need to apply to American ASAP. It is an excellent school for your goals.


Harvard undergrad to American law. That would be a damn shame. I know a guy that went from Cornell undergrad to Emory and from Penn undergrad to UT law. These guys did what OP is going to have to do: Go from an elite undergrad to a mediocre law school, when they should have done it the other way around.

UT and Emory are both well regarded institutions you snooty guy.


BUT NOT ENOUGH NOTABLE ALUMNI. DURR.


Everyone clowns on me due to me pushing that notable alumni actually means something. It does mean something. It means ADCOMs at schools, in some instances, did not in fact admit the most ambitious, highly qualified people. It means that certain law schools' names do not carry very far and position people in prestigious employment. It means that certain schools are underrated as well as overrated. If a school is so great, then it should, in fact, produce people who actually accomplish something.

muskies970
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:28 pm

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby muskies970 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:04 am

FWIW

In my GULC group interview Dean Cornblatt said he would take a GPA 3.9-4.0 LSAT ~166 TFA with some other unique softs from a large southern state school over a GPA 3.4-3.5 LSAT 173 straight out of undergrad from Harvard (or some other ivy my memory is slightly off) student.

He specifically said the first applicant was more interesting, it didn't seem to matter what school you went to but what you did while you were there. I think the extra "soft" boost that would come with Harvard could generally be accounted for by the extra advantages (connections and opportunities to do cool things like the OP) inherent in a harvard education/ community.

OP, you do realize if you go to law school you won't have time to do any of these things, and will actually have to put in time studying daily instead of schmoozing with politicians and raising "millions" of dollars for campaigns... If I were you I'd be worried about having to start all over again with making connections after three years off just focusing on law school. Also, while you attend Harvard, have a great UG gpa, and obviously can raise funds well and play politics, none of those things prove to an admissions committee you will be able to succeed in law school as much as the LSAT (I won't fight this point with anyone that's just the way it is). So instead of trying to convince all of us how great you are and avoiding the issue, start studying for the LSAT and prove you have what it takes.

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby laxbrah420 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:05 am

bizzybone1313 wrote:
Nova wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote: from Penn undergrad to UT law. These guys did what OP is going to have to do: Go from an elite undergrad to a mediocre law school,

Only on TLS :lol:


UT is obviously a very good school. But people that attend Ivy's tend to be such pricks in the first place, especially these two guys that I am referencing. Those two guys are douche bags. I am very fond of UT actually, but I have been indoctrinated to believe otherwise by TLS groupthink.

You think you're cool and good guy probably but actually you suck

20130228
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:25 pm

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby 20130228 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:05 am

/
Last edited by 20130228 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ph297
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby Ph297 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:08 am

Man this guy is such a tool. How'd he get into harvard with those sat numbers?!?!? Also what is the story with his sobriety? If he was running huge campaigns as a 20 year old, how'd he get the time to booze?

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby laxbrah420 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:08 am

Oh you identify as lower class? So you're a shitlib? Yea go to American and study socialism.

User avatar
bizzybone1313
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby bizzybone1313 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:09 am

RichardHarvard2014 wrote:I appreciate the advice, but (lol) in all honesty I could really give a damn about the academic means if it allows me to reach my career ends.

The top DC staffers (Speaker's Office, State, DNC, Law Firm) I have become close with in my time here are not going to really care which law school I go to, what my GPA/LSATs are, or if I go to law school at all. This is why the point of this post is DC LAW SCHOOL. DC anything really - but to me I just have always wanted to understand the law and have the credibility in counsel.

Also it is themed as "Harvard Boost" which is bittersweet in the fact that you agree it does help us in the career path. If I wanted to just go to law school I would be 125% invested in grades and LSATs and apply across the country - I just want to be in DC and thought law school was the best route. MY GPA is low because I have purposely slacked on school work to do campaign and relationship building work. Conscious choice.

The only reason I hesitate at American is that it is an hour from the hill where my friends are. That is being weighed against "no extra degree at all." The political region I come from, the unstoppable drive I have for my team, and the ability to get shit done in a political/business world at an early age is what has pushed me to this point and got me into Harvard with a subpar SAT as a lower middle class white male. Now I'm thinking that living in DC is my best bet and that any law degree would work here on out. Not to mention people hate double Ivy degrees. Maybe it's get a job and then do a night law school at GTown?

Sorry to write alot I just feel like some added back story is necessary.


Never heard the whole hate double Ivy degrees thing. Why do you say that?

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:09 am

If you don't really care where you go to school, why are you worried about a Harvard boost? Just do an online program or something.

muskies970
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:28 pm

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby muskies970 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:10 am

Ph297 wrote:Man this guy is such a tool. How'd he get into harvard with those sat numbers?!?!? Also what is the story with his sobriety? If he was running huge campaigns as a 20 year old, how'd he get the time to booze?


+1, but obviously you've never been involved with a political campaign before...

User avatar
holmesboy
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:05 am

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby holmesboy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:10 am

RichardHarvard2014 wrote:I appreciate the advice, but (lol) in all honesty I could really give a damn about the academic means if it allows me to reach my career ends.

The top DC staffers (Speaker's Office, State, DNC, Law Firm) I have become close with in my time here are not going to really care which law school I go to, what my GPA/LSATs are, or if I go to law school at all. This is why the point of this post is DC LAW SCHOOL. DC anything really - but to me I just have always wanted to understand the law and have the credibility in counsel.

Also it is themed as "Harvard Boost" which is bittersweet in the fact that you agree it does help us in the career path. If I wanted to just go to law school I would be 125% invested in grades and LSATs and apply across the country - I just want to be in DC and thought law school was the best route. MY GPA is low because I have purposely slacked on school work to do campaign and relationship building work. Conscious choice.

The only reason I hesitate at American is that it is an hour from the hill where my friends are. That is being weighed against "no extra degree at all." The political region I come from, the unstoppable drive I have for my team, and the ability to get shit done in a political/business world at an early age is what has pushed me to this point and got me into Harvard with a subpar SAT as a lower middle class white male. Now I'm thinking that living in DC is my best bet and that any law degree would work here on out. Not to mention people hate double Ivy degrees. Maybe it's get a job and then do a night law school at GTown?

Sorry to write alot I just feel like some added back story is necessary.



You might mean well, but prepare to be torn to shreds. And who hates double Ivy degrees? Dat preftige.

User avatar
holmesboy
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:05 am

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby holmesboy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:11 am

laxbrah420 wrote:Oh you identify as lower class? So you're a shitlib? Yea go to American and study socialism.


Genius.

User avatar
bizzybone1313
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby bizzybone1313 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:12 am

OP, a lot of these guys are hatin' on you due to your involvement in politics. I like you OP, because I actually love politics myself. Do what is best for your future.

20130228
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:25 pm

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby 20130228 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:13 am

Lol about the campaign/sobriety comments
Last edited by 20130228 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ph297
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby Ph297 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:16 am

RichardHarvard2014 wrote:I appreciate the advice, but (lol) in all honesty I could really give a damn about the academic means if it allows me to reach my career ends.

The top DC staffers (Speaker's Office, State, DNC, Law Firm) I have become close with in my time here are not going to really care which law school I go to, what my GPA/LSATs are, or if I go to law school at all. This is why the point of this post is DC LAW SCHOOL. DC anything really - but to me I just have always wanted to understand the law and have the credibility in counsel.

Also it is themed as "Harvard Boost" which is bittersweet in the fact that you agree it does help us in the career path. If I wanted to just go to law school I would be 125% invested in grades and LSATs and apply across the country - I just want to be in DC and thought law school was the best route. MY GPA is low because I have purposely slacked on school work to do campaign and relationship building work. Conscious choice.

The only reason I hesitate at American is that it is an hour from the hill where my friends are. That is being weighed against "no extra degree at all." The political region I come from, the unstoppable drive I have for my team, and the ability to get shit done in a political/business world at an early age is what has pushed me to this point and got me into Harvard with a subpar SAT as a lower middle class white male. Now I'm thinking that living in DC is my best bet and that any law degree would work here on out. Not to mention people hate double Ivy degrees. Maybe it's get a job and then do a night law school at GTown?

Sorry to write alot I just feel like some added back story is necessary.


This is some world class mastabatorial writing here. How'd you type so fast with one hand under the table? Seriously though, how'd you get so close to "top staffers" at the DNC and Speaker's Office (Republican since you were a freshman by the way) when you were running "major" campaigns in Mass? The mental gymnastics you must do...

User avatar
laxbrah420
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby laxbrah420 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:16 am

RichardHarvard2014 wrote:When I applied here you bet your ass I was. My mom's a single mom and we don't have room to breathe.

I love how I'm honest and then that means get torn to shreds.

And yeah, the higher I got on a campaign was when I turned 21 and will all of the flexibility of not being the candidate I got out of control progressively. But I'm alot better now and do my best to help others.

It's not your honesty that I find off putting but rather your affiliation with a party intent on making my business their business and making America a nation of gender neutral pansies.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:17 am

laxbrah420 wrote:
RichardHarvard2014 wrote:When I applied here you bet your ass I was. My mom's a single mom and we don't have room to breathe.

I love how I'm honest and then that means get torn to shreds.

And yeah, the higher I got on a campaign was when I turned 21 and will all of the flexibility of not being the candidate I got out of control progressively. But I'm alot better now and do my best to help others.

It's not your honesty that I find off putting but rather your affiliation with a party intent on making my business their business and making America a nation of gender neutral pansies.

TBF, both parties are godawful. Unless this guy is a Ron Paul staffer, he's a certified terrible person.

User avatar
John_rizzy_rawls
Posts: 3477
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:17 am

bizzybone1313 wrote:OP, a lot of these guys are hatin' on you due to your involvement in politics. I like you OP, because I actually love politics myself. Do what is best for your future.


No bizzy, stop bro. Remember that thread where I told you about all my political involvement?

He's getting hated on because he is a massive pompous hypocritical tool.

20130228
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:25 pm

Re: Harvard Junior - 3.3GPA - DC Law School - GW GT

Postby 20130228 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:19 am

Look's like I'll just wait to do the Gtown PT and ride this new campaign out.

But I appreciate all of the hatred, I'm one of those types who prefer anger towards me than glee because after years in government consulting you learn how to make that your life fuel.

Lol I was never a Republican? Speaker Pelosi's Senior Advisor was here and her partner is a C** in the DNC. Don't want names out there. I became more conservative fiscally my sophomore year, but have never worked for a Republican candidate since I was all pro-troops in 2002-6.

I never said I was running major campaigns in Mass, yet I did just get on a campaign this morning.
Where I do do a lot of work is in Pennsylvania, and have done 6 campaigns. I have younger friends who have done more.

Harvard Institute of Politics.
Last edited by 20130228 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests