Averaging LSAT Scores Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
wtrc

Gold

Averaging LSAT Scores

Post by wtrc » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:31 am

Had a discussion today (mostly about HLS) about whether or not schools average LSAT scores. It seems that it's pretty clear that most schools don't- they look at all of them but mostly the highest is what matters.

HYS (and, to a lesser degree, CCN) still have the reputation to some that they do average, sometimes even putting more weight on the first score. Any insight as to whether or not this is true?

I had a 166 back in 2011, but am averaging quite a bit higher now on PT's and have a goal of at least 175 in June... I guess I'm asking if I do attain that 175, would the top schools look at this as a ~170 average or as a 175 with the 166 as a sidenote. Also- do addendums matter? Seems that adcomms would see "I didn't prepare adequately and was somewhat sick" as unnecessary and uncompelling.

Thanks!

bbsg

Bronze

Re: Averaging LSAT Scores

Post by bbsg » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:39 am

My experience with NYU, for what it's worth:

Scored 165 and then a 175. Avg would be 170. Accepted within 2 weeks of going complete. GPA was above 75th though.

Haven't heard back from Columbia despite being above both their 75ths. Only went complete 4 weeks ago though. Haven't heard back from HYS, either. Got into Berkeley the same week as I got into NYU though.

Didn't submit an LSAT addendum.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:08 pm

I doubt I would have gotten into CLS if they averaged, and I got in with the first batch of RD acceptances. Wrote no addendum.

Yukos

Gold

Post by Yukos » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:41 pm

CW on TLS seems to be that absolutely no school outside HYS averages. HYS probably take the fact that you retook into consideration, but they don't literally "average." Harvard seems not care much, Yale it would depend on how the professors who look at your app feel about retakes and who knows about Stanford.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”