Would this gpa situation be worth going 1 semester longer?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
barberiolisa
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:35 am

Would this gpa situation be worth going 1 semester longer?

Postby barberiolisa » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:04 pm

Suppose on your LSAT practices you are scoring 165 as of February and plan on taking either the June or October LSAT and still studying like mad, and you get a 165 plus on it. You are planning on applying during the 2013-2014 cycle and you are set to graduate December 2013. Given the prospective high LSAT, its also in your best interest to raise the gpa as high as possible, but if you graduate December 2013, you will have an abysmal 2.35 gpa (health concerns, other personal constraints) but if you delay graduation til February 2014, you can potentially raise the gpa to a 2.75....So onto my question...

If you apply Fall 2013, and delay you graduation til February, will schools you apply to in the Fall get to see your last semester grades of (say 4.0)? Especially if the courses dont run to May, they are over in February?

In my addendum should I mention to wait for my last grades in February? Will they? Can they waitlist you until they come?

nebula666
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Re: Would this gpa situation be worth going 1 semester longer?

Postby nebula666 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:21 pm

Yes you should do everything to increase your grades. A 165 / 2.35 isn't going to get you much. It's not much better with a 2.75. Why law school?




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Pozzo and 3 guests