173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
tlsanony
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:45 pm

173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby tlsanony » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:09 am

graduating Dec 2013 from state school
took lsat once: 173
mexican URM

here is my first dilemma with GPA:

sophomore year had an incident happen at my on campus dorm. crazy girlfriend...big fight at my dorm...broke up with her on her birthday...she started telling her friends that i hit her during fight etc...someone reported it to the school...i got arrested...school wanted to expel me...finally got ex-girlfriend to confess to the school and police that she made the whole story up about the physical violence...0 evidence of any physical harm to her, all they went off of was her original story...appealed to the school, with her confession of lying about the whole thing...they still expelled me...the state however dropped all the charges against me and it was dismissed...arrest record etc expunged...school gave me six F's for that semester.

It's complete BS that the school expelled me before I was even found guilty of committing the crime I was being accused of. My lawyer at the time, said it was likely to happen, since any hearing within the university is just "kangaroo court". Anyways, with these six F's on my transcript, it is lowering my LSAC GPA from a ~3.3 to a ~2.75

With an already low GPA, I need every possible point. Is there anything I can do to get the University to ATLEAST change these six F's to Admin Withdrawals? 7 months left before I start sending Apps to law school, I wanna start exploring my options. I have the resources to get a lawyer involved as well.


2nd dilemma with GPA:
took 2 semester at a community college several years ago. one semester i thought i had withdrew from 2 online classes, but turns out I didnt. I ended up getting F's on them. (So I have 8 total F's on my transcript) I retook the classes the following semester and got A's in both. Is it even worth trying to contact the Dean and seeing if theres anyway of getting them atleast changed to a Pass/Fail type grade or W...just so they dont factor in on my LSAC GPA? I've heard stories of some community colleges helping past students with things like this. Any thoughts?


Anyways, my GPA of last 4 semesters at new school will be ~3.9-4.0, so def an upward trend last half.
The 2 basic questions are:
what should i do about the univ that expelled me and gave me F's?
is it worth trying to get the CC to change two F's that were a result of not withdrawing from a class?

since this is a chances thread...what are my chances for Univ of Michigan if I cant get any F's removed and end up with a 2.95 GPA, 173 LSAT, Mex URM
Last edited by tlsanony on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
BerkeleyBear
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:22 pm

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby BerkeleyBear » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:15 am

tlsanony wrote:graduating Dec 2013 from state school
took lsat once: 173
mexican URM

here is my first dilemma with GPA:

sophomore year had an incident happen at my on campus dorm. crazy girlfriend...big fight at my dorm...broke up with her on her birthday...she started telling her friends that i hit her during fight etc...someone reported it to the school...i got arrested...school wanted to expel me...finally got ex-girlfriend to confess to the school and police that she made the whole story up about the physical violence...0 evidence of any physical harm to her, all they went off of was her original story...appealed to the school, with her confession of lying about the whole thing...they still expelled me...the state however dropped all the charges against me and it was dismissed...conviction expunged from my record...school gave me six F's for that semester.

It's complete BS that the school expelled me before I was even found guilty of committing the crime I was being accused of. My lawyer at the time, said it was likely to happen, since any hearing within the university is just "kangaroo court". Anyways, with these six F's on my transcript, it is lowering my LSAC GPA from a ~3.3 to a ~2.75

With an already low GPA, I need every possible point. Is there anything I can do to get the University to ATLEAST change these six F's to Admin Withdrawals? 7 months left before I start sending Apps to law school, I wanna start exploring my options. I have the resources to get a lawyer involved as well.


2nd dilemma with GPA:
took 2 semester at a community college several years ago. one semester i thought i had withdrew from 2 online classes, but turns out I didnt. I ended up getting F's on them. (So I have 8 total F's on my transcript) I retook the classes the following semester and got A's in both. Is it even worth trying to contact the Dean and seeing if theres anyway of getting them atleast changed to a Pass/Fail type grade...just so they dont factor in on my LSAC GPA? I've heard stories of some community colleges helping past students with things like this. Any thoughts?


Anyways, my GPA of last 4 semesters at new school will be ~3.9-4.0, so def an upward trend last half.
The 2 basic questions are:
what should i do about the univ that expelled me and gave me F's?
is it worth trying to get the CC to change two F's that were a result of not withdrawing from a class?


Take responsibility. You were expelled and rightfully received F's. I'm not saying the expulsion was justified but the F's are. And the two F's from community college are going to remain F's. I'm pretty sure a fail counts as 0 credits for however many units it was for anyways. Ed to NU bro.

User avatar
star fox
Posts: 13748
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby star fox » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:22 am

tlsanony wrote:graduating Dec 2013 from state school
took lsat once: 173
mexican URM

here is my first dilemma with GPA:

sophomore year had an incident happen at my on campus dorm. crazy girlfriend...big fight at my dorm...broke up with her on her birthday...she started telling her friends that i hit her during fight etc...someone reported it to the school...i got arrested...school wanted to expel me...finally got ex-girlfriend to confess to the school and police that she made the whole story up about the physical violence...0 evidence of any physical harm to her, all they went off of was her original story...appealed to the school, with her confession of lying about the whole thing...they still expelled me...the state however dropped all the charges against me and it was dismissed...conviction expunged from my record...school gave me six F's for that semester.

It's complete BS that the school expelled me before I was even found guilty of committing the crime I was being accused of. My lawyer at the time, said it was likely to happen, since any hearing within the university is just "kangaroo court". Anyways, with these six F's on my transcript, it is lowering my LSAC GPA from a ~3.3 to a ~2.75

With an already low GPA, I need every possible point. Is there anything I can do to get the University to ATLEAST change these six F's to Admin Withdrawals? 7 months left before I start sending Apps to law school, I wanna start exploring my options. I have the resources to get a lawyer involved as well.


2nd dilemma with GPA:
took 2 semester at a community college several years ago. one semester i thought i had withdrew from 2 online classes, but turns out I didnt. I ended up getting F's on them. (So I have 8 total F's on my transcript) I retook the classes the following semester and got A's in both. Is it even worth trying to contact the Dean and seeing if theres anyway of getting them atleast changed to a Pass/Fail type grade or W...just so they dont factor in on my LSAC GPA? I've heard stories of some community colleges helping past students with things like this. Any thoughts?


Anyways, my GPA of last 4 semesters at new school will be ~3.9-4.0, so def an upward trend last half.
The 2 basic questions are:
what should i do about the univ that expelled me and gave me F's?
is it worth trying to get the CC to change two F's that were a result of not withdrawing from a class?

since this is a chances thread...what are my chances for Univ of Michigan if I cant get any F's removed and end up with a 2.95 GPA, 173 LSAT, Mex URM


Ooh. :?

User avatar
pannekoeken
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 pm

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby pannekoeken » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:31 am

BerkeleyBear wrote:
tlsanony wrote:graduating Dec 2013 from state school
took lsat once: 173
mexican URM

here is my first dilemma with GPA:

sophomore year had an incident happen at my on campus dorm. crazy girlfriend...big fight at my dorm...broke up with her on her birthday...she started telling her friends that i hit her during fight etc...someone reported it to the school...i got arrested...school wanted to expel me...finally got ex-girlfriend to confess to the school and police that she made the whole story up about the physical violence...0 evidence of any physical harm to her, all they went off of was her original story...appealed to the school, with her confession of lying about the whole thing...they still expelled me...the state however dropped all the charges against me and it was dismissed...conviction expunged from my record...school gave me six F's for that semester.

It's complete BS that the school expelled me before I was even found guilty of committing the crime I was being accused of. My lawyer at the time, said it was likely to happen, since any hearing within the university is just "kangaroo court". Anyways, with these six F's on my transcript, it is lowering my LSAC GPA from a ~3.3 to a ~2.75

With an already low GPA, I need every possible point. Is there anything I can do to get the University to ATLEAST change these six F's to Admin Withdrawals? 7 months left before I start sending Apps to law school, I wanna start exploring my options. I have the resources to get a lawyer involved as well.


2nd dilemma with GPA:
took 2 semester at a community college several years ago. one semester i thought i had withdrew from 2 online classes, but turns out I didnt. I ended up getting F's on them. (So I have 8 total F's on my transcript) I retook the classes the following semester and got A's in both. Is it even worth trying to contact the Dean and seeing if theres anyway of getting them atleast changed to a Pass/Fail type grade...just so they dont factor in on my LSAC GPA? I've heard stories of some community colleges helping past students with things like this. Any thoughts?


Anyways, my GPA of last 4 semesters at new school will be ~3.9-4.0, so def an upward trend last half.
The 2 basic questions are:
what should i do about the univ that expelled me and gave me F's?
is it worth trying to get the CC to change two F's that were a result of not withdrawing from a class?


Take responsibility. You were expelled and rightfully received F's. I'm not saying the expulsion was justified but the F's are. And the two F's from community college are going to remain F's. I'm pretty sure a fail counts as 0 credits for however many units it was for anyways. Ed to NU bro.


Take responsibility? For what? How did he rightfully receive those Fs if the story OP gave is true?

User avatar
suralin
better than you
Posts: 15054
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:52 am

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby suralin » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:34 am

pannekoeken wrote:
BerkeleyBear wrote:
tlsanony wrote:graduating Dec 2013 from state school
took lsat once: 173
mexican URM

here is my first dilemma with GPA:

sophomore year had an incident happen at my on campus dorm. crazy girlfriend...big fight at my dorm...broke up with her on her birthday...she started telling her friends that i hit her during fight etc...someone reported it to the school...i got arrested...school wanted to expel me...finally got ex-girlfriend to confess to the school and police that she made the whole story up about the physical violence...0 evidence of any physical harm to her, all they went off of was her original story...appealed to the school, with her confession of lying about the whole thing...they still expelled me...the state however dropped all the charges against me and it was dismissed...conviction expunged from my record...school gave me six F's for that semester.

It's complete BS that the school expelled me before I was even found guilty of committing the crime I was being accused of. My lawyer at the time, said it was likely to happen, since any hearing within the university is just "kangaroo court". Anyways, with these six F's on my transcript, it is lowering my LSAC GPA from a ~3.3 to a ~2.75

With an already low GPA, I need every possible point. Is there anything I can do to get the University to ATLEAST change these six F's to Admin Withdrawals? 7 months left before I start sending Apps to law school, I wanna start exploring my options. I have the resources to get a lawyer involved as well.


2nd dilemma with GPA:
took 2 semester at a community college several years ago. one semester i thought i had withdrew from 2 online classes, but turns out I didnt. I ended up getting F's on them. (So I have 8 total F's on my transcript) I retook the classes the following semester and got A's in both. Is it even worth trying to contact the Dean and seeing if theres anyway of getting them atleast changed to a Pass/Fail type grade...just so they dont factor in on my LSAC GPA? I've heard stories of some community colleges helping past students with things like this. Any thoughts?


Anyways, my GPA of last 4 semesters at new school will be ~3.9-4.0, so def an upward trend last half.
The 2 basic questions are:
what should i do about the univ that expelled me and gave me F's?
is it worth trying to get the CC to change two F's that were a result of not withdrawing from a class?


Take responsibility. You were expelled and rightfully received F's. I'm not saying the expulsion was justified but the F's are. And the two F's from community college are going to remain F's. I'm pretty sure a fail counts as 0 credits for however many units it was for anyways. Ed to NU bro.


Take responsibility? For what? How did he rightfully receive those Fs if the story OP gave is true?


This. Of course, OP may not be telling the truth, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he doesn't really have much to gain by not telling the truth.

tlsanony
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:45 pm

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby tlsanony » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:01 am

yah...it would be pretty pointless for me to lie about the facts and get opinions that wouldn't even be relevant to my true situation...especially since this is an anonymous throwaway acct.

User avatar
BerkeleyBear
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:22 pm

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby BerkeleyBear » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:13 am

I guess I should have been more specific. Firstly, take responsibility for the fact you didn't withdraw from the 2 community college classes. Where I come from, it's the students responsibility to drop the classes, not the teachers or schools.

Secondly, take responsibility for being a dunce. You broke up with your SO on her birthday. Who the fuck does that? Haha. Even if OP was telling the whole truth, the school expelled him and knew that the girl lied, right? I highly doubt that the school is going to change his F's to "admin withdraw". This is something that OP should have tried right after his charges were dropped. I just can't picture a girl lying about getting hit, telling her friends, them telling the school and then to top it all off, she admits she lied. And on top of that, the school expels him knowing she lied haha. By all means, go ahead and try to get them changed OP. I just wouldn't expect the school to change them.

Jredelman15
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:45 pm

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby Jredelman15 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:19 am

BerkeleyBear wrote:I guess I should have been more specific. Firstly, take responsibility for the fact you didn't withdraw from the 2 community college classes. Where I come from, it's the students responsibility to drop the classes, not the teachers or schools.

Secondly, take responsibility for being a dunce. You broke up with your SO on her birthday. Who the fuck does that? Haha. Even if OP was telling the whole truth, the school expelled him and knew that the girl lied, right? I highly doubt that the school is going to change his F's to "admin withdraw". This is something that OP should have tried right after his charges were dropped. I just can't picture a girl lying about getting hit, telling her friends, them telling the school and then to top it all off, she admits she lied. And on top of that, the school expels him knowing she lied haha. By all means, go ahead and try to get them changed OP. I just wouldn't expect the school to change them.


Apparently you haven't come across a crazy girl in your day. Have a friend that was detained but not booked for stalking... Didn't talk to the girl at all. She had his email account and was sending the messages because he broke up with her. Manti Te'o ring a bell? Plenty of people are crazy enough for this to happen. OP try and contact the school and see if they will change. It is doubtful but the worst they can say is no.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby Crowing » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:32 am

Jredelman15 wrote:
BerkeleyBear wrote:I guess I should have been more specific. Firstly, take responsibility for the fact you didn't withdraw from the 2 community college classes. Where I come from, it's the students responsibility to drop the classes, not the teachers or schools.

Secondly, take responsibility for being a dunce. You broke up with your SO on her birthday. Who the fuck does that? Haha. Even if OP was telling the whole truth, the school expelled him and knew that the girl lied, right? I highly doubt that the school is going to change his F's to "admin withdraw". This is something that OP should have tried right after his charges were dropped. I just can't picture a girl lying about getting hit, telling her friends, them telling the school and then to top it all off, she admits she lied. And on top of that, the school expels him knowing she lied haha. By all means, go ahead and try to get them changed OP. I just wouldn't expect the school to change them.


Apparently you haven't come across a crazy girl in your day. Have a friend that was detained but not booked for stalking... Didn't talk to the girl at all. She had his email account and was sending the messages because he broke up with her. Manti Te'o ring a bell? Plenty of people are crazy enough for this to happen. OP try and contact the school and see if they will change. It is doubtful but the worst they can say is no.


TCR. I have met plenty of people whose existences make it pretty easy for me to believe the OP's story.

User avatar
BerkeleyBear
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:22 pm

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby BerkeleyBear » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:33 am

Jredelman15 wrote:
BerkeleyBear wrote:I guess I should have been more specific. Firstly, take responsibility for the fact you didn't withdraw from the 2 community college classes. Where I come from, it's the students responsibility to drop the classes, not the teachers or schools.

Secondly, take responsibility for being a dunce. You broke up with your SO on her birthday. Who the fuck does that? Haha. Even if OP was telling the whole truth, the school expelled him and knew that the girl lied, right? I highly doubt that the school is going to change his F's to "admin withdraw". This is something that OP should have tried right after his charges were dropped. I just can't picture a girl lying about getting hit, telling her friends, them telling the school and then to top it all off, she admits she lied. And on top of that, the school expels him knowing she lied haha. By all means, go ahead and try to get them changed OP. I just wouldn't expect the school to change them.


Apparently you haven't come across a crazy girl in your day. Have a friend that was detained but not booked for stalking... Didn't talk to the girl at all. She had his email account and was sending the messages because he broke up with her. Manti Te'o ring a bell? Plenty of people are crazy enough for this to happen. OP try and contact the school and see if they will change. It is doubtful but the worst they can say is no.


Haha, I have come across some pretty crazy girls. But that's not the point. The "kangaroo court" expelled OP, and apparently they knew the girl lied. No proof of abuse or anything. Yet, expelled. If the school expels OP, for apparently no reason, why would they change his F's to admin withdraws? Go ahead and try to get them changed though OP. Thats obvious.

tlsanony
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:45 pm

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby tlsanony » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:35 am

Jredelman15 wrote:Apparently you haven't come across a crazy girl in your day. Have a friend that was detained but not booked for stalking... Didn't talk to the girl at all. She had his email account and was sending the messages because he broke up with her. Manti Te'o ring a bell? Plenty of people are crazy enough for this to happen. OP try and contact the school and see if they will change. It is doubtful but the worst they can say is no.

yah ill definitely try...i desperately want 3.0+ to increase my chances for UofM... i just dunno whether or not i should contact my old lawyer and pursue it that way. i know for a fact he has all the signed confessions and stuff still from the old case.

tino1317
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:14 am

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby tino1317 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:37 am

BerkeleyBear wrote:I guess I should have been more specific. Firstly, take responsibility for the fact you didn't withdraw from the 2 community college classes. Where I come from, it's the students responsibility to drop the classes, not the teachers or schools.

Secondly, take responsibility for being a dunce. You broke up with your SO on her birthday. Who the fuck does that? Haha. Even if OP was telling the whole truth, the school expelled him and knew that the girl lied, right? I highly doubt that the school is going to change his F's to "admin withdraw". This is something that OP should have tried right after his charges were dropped. I just can't picture a girl lying about getting hit, telling her friends, them telling the school and then to top it all off, she admits she lied. And on top of that, the school expels him knowing she lied haha. By all means, go ahead and try to get them changed OP. I just wouldn't expect the school to change them.


You haven't had much experience with women. This type of situation is prevalent in our society and has caused many innocent men to end up in prison. OP do the best you can to get them removed. The best advice I can offer is to talk to a good lawyer who has some experience with your particular school and come up with a plan. If the school still wont remove them then I guess your best bet is an addendum explaining the situation. Honestly OP if I were in your situation I would start at the bottom of the chain, talk to whoever is in charge of grades and if they don't help you, go to the next person above them etc. You really have nothing to lose at all, take that shit to the provost if all else fails but make sure you approach these people through the proper channels and have a formal document ready detailing your situation.

p.s. Did she go to the hospital? When you say there was no sign of abuse I'm guessing that was the hospitals conclusion? Witnesses? There is always the option to file a law suit and these factors would surely help your case. 6 F's is pretty serious. I am concerned what you mean by the state dropped the charges and the conviction was expunged. Did you get convicted or did they drop the charges? Were you charged with a felony or misdemeanor? You don't have to answer but you should definitely have another talk with a lawyer and lay out your options.

tlsanony
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:45 pm

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby tlsanony » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:59 pm

tino1317 wrote:
BerkeleyBear wrote:I guess I should have been more specific. Firstly, take responsibility for the fact you didn't withdraw from the 2 community college classes. Where I come from, it's the students responsibility to drop the classes, not the teachers or schools.

Secondly, take responsibility for being a dunce. You broke up with your SO on her birthday. Who the fuck does that? Haha. Even if OP was telling the whole truth, the school expelled him and knew that the girl lied, right? I highly doubt that the school is going to change his F's to "admin withdraw". This is something that OP should have tried right after his charges were dropped. I just can't picture a girl lying about getting hit, telling her friends, them telling the school and then to top it all off, she admits she lied. And on top of that, the school expels him knowing she lied haha. By all means, go ahead and try to get them changed OP. I just wouldn't expect the school to change them.


You haven't had much experience with women. This type of situation is prevalent in our society and has caused many innocent men to end up in prison. OP do the best you can to get them removed. The best advice I can offer is to talk to a good lawyer who has some experience with your particular school and come up with a plan. If the school still wont remove them then I guess your best bet is an addendum explaining the situation. Honestly OP if I were in your situation I would start at the bottom of the chain, talk to whoever is in charge of grades and if they don't help you, go to the next person above them etc. You really have nothing to lose at all, take that shit to the provost if all else fails but make sure you approach these people through the proper channels and have a formal document ready detailing your situation.

p.s. Did she go to the hospital? When you say there was no sign of abuse I'm guessing that was the hospitals conclusion? Witnesses? There is always the option to file a law suit and these factors would surely help your case. 6 F's is pretty serious. I am concerned what you mean by the state dropped the charges and the conviction was expunged. Did you get convicted or did they drop the charges? Were you charged with a felony or misdemeanor? You don't have to answer but you should definitely have another talk with a lawyer and lay out your options.


no hospital visit. no evidence as in, when police met with her 2 days after the supposed incident, they couldn't photograph any signs on her of what she was describing. the lawyer said the only evidence the state had was the statement the friend who reported it gave, and her original statement she gave.

and oops wrong wording before, i was just charged with misdemeanor famv. everything was dropped, so im assuming what my dad had the lawyer do was get arrest record sealed or expunged.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby rad lulz » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:02 pm

BerkeleyBear wrote:
Jredelman15 wrote:
BerkeleyBear wrote:I guess I should have been more specific. Firstly, take responsibility for the fact you didn't withdraw from the 2 community college classes. Where I come from, it's the students responsibility to drop the classes, not the teachers or schools.

Secondly, take responsibility for being a dunce. You broke up with your SO on her birthday. Who the fuck does that? Haha. Even if OP was telling the whole truth, the school expelled him and knew that the girl lied, right? I highly doubt that the school is going to change his F's to "admin withdraw". This is something that OP should have tried right after his charges were dropped. I just can't picture a girl lying about getting hit, telling her friends, them telling the school and then to top it all off, she admits she lied. And on top of that, the school expels him knowing she lied haha. By all means, go ahead and try to get them changed OP. I just wouldn't expect the school to change them.


Apparently you haven't come across a crazy girl in your day. Have a friend that was detained but not booked for stalking... Didn't talk to the girl at all. She had his email account and was sending the messages because he broke up with her. Manti Te'o ring a bell? Plenty of people are crazy enough for this to happen. OP try and contact the school and see if they will change. It is doubtful but the worst they can say is no.


Haha, I have come across some pretty crazy girls. But that's not the point. The "kangaroo court" expelled OP, and apparently they knew the girl lied. No proof of abuse or anything. Yet, expelled. If the school expels OP, for apparently no reason, why would they change his F's to admin withdraws? Go ahead and try to get them changed though OP. Thats obvious.

School disciplinary proceedings are notorious jokes

Throttle
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:24 pm

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby Throttle » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:10 pm

BerkeleyBear wrote:
Take responsibility. You were expelled and rightfully received F's. I'm not saying the expulsion was justified but the F's are. And the two F's from community college are going to remain F's. I'm pretty sure a fail counts as 0 credits for however many units it was for anyways. Ed to NU bro.


LMFAO STFU you Boomerfuck

User avatar
holmesboy
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:05 am

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby holmesboy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:20 pm

Throttle wrote:
BerkeleyBear wrote:
Take responsibility. You were expelled and rightfully received F's. I'm not saying the expulsion was justified but the F's are. And the two F's from community college are going to remain F's. I'm pretty sure a fail counts as 0 credits for however many units it was for anyways. Ed to NU bro.


LMFAO STFU you Boomerfuck



This. Take responsibility because some girl screwed you over?

I don't really know what to tell you, OP, other than to go through with your plan and try to get the F's changed to W's. Good luck.

User avatar
twenty
Posts: 3153
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby twenty » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:40 pm

Anyone saying "ED to NU" needs to realize that EDing to NU is super competitive, because it comes with a full-ride scholarship.

TCR is ED UVA.

<3

nebula666
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby nebula666 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:31 pm

can you please explain why you broke up with her on her birthday? jesus...

User avatar
bizzybone1313
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby bizzybone1313 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:37 pm

I broke up with a girl the day after Valentine's Day. Is that worse than OP?

User avatar
Dmini7
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby Dmini7 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:39 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:I broke up with a girl the day after Valentine's Day. Is that worse than OP?


Depends. Did you wait until the day after so she would put out? If so then yeah pretty dick move. If you were just a very nice guy and wanted to buy her a gift and not make her be alone on Valentine's Day and it just so happened to lead to sex... well then maybe you are just a gentleman :P

User avatar
BerkeleyBear
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:22 pm

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby BerkeleyBear » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:58 pm

holmesboy wrote:
Throttle wrote:
BerkeleyBear wrote:
Take responsibility. You were expelled and rightfully received F's. I'm not saying the expulsion was justified but the F's are. And the two F's from community college are going to remain F's. I'm pretty sure a fail counts as 0 credits for however many units it was for anyways. Ed to NU bro.


LMFAO STFU you Boomerfuck



This. Take responsibility because some girl screwed you over?

I don't really know what to tell you, OP, other than to go through with your plan and try to get the F's changed to W's. Good luck.


I'm not a shitboomer. LULZ. I wouldn't be surprised if I was the youngest on this thread. And when someone states they "thought" they withdrew and received F's, was that not their responsibility? Stop making this about the ex-gf. Maybe she's the craziest person in the world, who cares? I must say though, if OP knew his SO was crazy, why would he break up with her on her birthday?

OP got a 173 LSAT, so he's not an idiot. The fact remains, the "kangaroo court" expelled OP for no valid reason, knowing that the girl lied. We obviously don't know all the facts. And even if this was all there is to know, that'd lead me to believe there's no way they would change his F's. I'm not saying a school won't expel a kid for no reason because it can happen. But I'd say that's obviously not very common and unlikely. OP should've handled this the week after his charges were dropped.

Throttle
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:24 pm

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby Throttle » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:03 pm

BerkeleyBear wrote:
holmesboy wrote:
Throttle wrote:
BerkeleyBear wrote:
Take responsibility. You were expelled and rightfully received F's. I'm not saying the expulsion was justified but the F's are. And the two F's from community college are going to remain F's. I'm pretty sure a fail counts as 0 credits for however many units it was for anyways. Ed to NU bro.


LMFAO STFU you Boomerfuck



This. Take responsibility because some girl screwed you over?

I don't really know what to tell you, OP, other than to go through with your plan and try to get the F's changed to W's. Good luck.


I'm not a shitboomer. LULZ. I wouldn't be surprised if I was the youngest on this thread. And when someone states they "thought" they withdrew and received F's, was that not their responsibility? Stop making this about the ex-gf. Maybe she's the craziest person in the world, who cares? I must say though, if OP knew his SO was crazy, why would he break up with her on her birthday?

OP got a 173 LSAT, so he's not an idiot. The fact remains, the "kangaroo court" expelled OP for no valid reason, knowing that the girl lied. We obviously don't know all the facts. And even if this was all there is to know, that'd lead me to believe there's no way they would change his F's. I'm not saying a school won't expel a kid for no reason because it can happen. But I'd say that's obviously not very common and unlikely. OP should've handled this the week after his charges were dropped.


Op posted so he can get advice about things he is unsure of, he didn't post so he can be told about could'ves and should'ves. I pretty sure he knows he fucked up, he doesn't need us to remind him.

User avatar
BerkeleyBear
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:22 pm

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby BerkeleyBear » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:35 pm

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure OP knows he should try no matter what. Haha, duh.

qwertyboard
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:03 am

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby qwertyboard » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:11 am

I had a crazy person in my life.. she would like even when it was not necessary for her to do so... OP story is completely possible and more likely than one is inclined to think...

lmsf
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: 173 LSAT, MA URM - huge GPA problem/expelled

Postby lmsf » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:24 pm

tlsanony wrote:Is it even worth trying to contact the Dean and seeing if theres anyway of getting them atleast changed to a Pass/Fail type grade or W...just so they dont factor in on my LSAC GPA?


I believe that Pass/Fail grades in which you received a "Not Pass" still count as Fs when calculated by LSAC, so your best bet is trying to have them changed to Ws. I think there's no harm in trying to change all your Fs to Ws so you should try. You can also write your PS about the experience of being falsely accused and how it inspired you to pursue law. It's a unique perspective that could be interesting to a law school. Congrats on the 173!




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chargers21, njames1961, renc56 and 1 guest