AA Male URM 3.3 148

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Re: AA Male URM 3.3 148

Postby hope&change » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:44 pm

txdude45 wrote:
hope&change wrote:
GWU13 wrote:Nebula: I haven't considered an alternative to law school seeing that its what i've wanted to do since getting into school. How much do law schools put on legacy (I have 3 family members who all attended a particular law school in the top 50)? Also, is it really too late to be applying, all my applications have already been submitted, however, they are on hold because of the February LSAT?

I'm confused--I thought you were the first in your family to attend college?

Maybe he meant immediate family, in which case being the first would still mean something I guess. I think the answer is clearly retake though. An AA male shouldn't wasn't a relatively good GPA like that. I know I'd gladly trade it with you. Find someone to let you work in their office, take your time studying, hit 160+, profit(maybe).

True. In any event, I agree with txdude's advice to retake. I'm a URM, and I had to take the LSAT three times, but it was worth it. My options multiplied after breaking 160. It's worth the extra time and effort.

Return to “What are my chances?”