Chances/Suggestions 2.97 GPA /160 LSAT late applicant

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ArchieHicox

Chances/Suggestions 2.97 GPA /160 LSAT late applicant

Postby ArchieHicox » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:56 pm

Just curious as to what people think and looking for some advice. LSN is down for me, and figured I may as well post here.

2.92 GPA / 2.97 LSAC GPA

160 LSAT.... took the February LSAT today and my gut is 163-166 range, but it may be too late for applications

Standard recommendations... nothing special

Decent Softs. Again nothing out of this world, but not horrible.

21/M/Indian... don't know if that helps or hurts

My preference is to stay in the Midwest (Residency is Nebraska)

Right now my list (Apps should be complete and submitted by Wednesday) is:

University of Nebraska - Lincoln

University of Kansas

Mizzou

Creighton University

University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign

University of Houston Law Center (Fee Waiver)

Tulane University (Fee Waiver)

University of Alabama (Fee Waiver)

I'm open to adding more schools and I don't expect to be super competitive for Illinois or Houston, but I figured with the free applications its worth a shot. If people have suggestions for other schools to apply to, I would love to hear them. I'm not interested in re-testing or waiting a year, so this is go.

suralin
better than you

Re: Chances/Suggestions 2.97 GPA /160 LSAT late applicant

Postby suralin » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:00 pm

ha-ri wrote:Just curious as to what people think and looking for some advice. LSN is down for me, and figured I may as well post here.

2.92 GPA / 2.97 LSAC GPA

160 LSAT.... took the February LSAT today and my gut is 163-166 range, but it may be too late for applications

Standard recommendations... nothing special

Decent Softs. Again nothing out of this world, but not horrible.

21/M/Indian... don't know if that helps or hurts

My preference is to stay in the Midwest (Residency is Nebraska)

Right now my list (Apps should be complete and submitted by Wednesday) is:

University of Nebraska - Lincoln

University of Kansas

Mizzou

Creighton University

University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign

University of Houston Law Center (Fee Waiver)

Tulane University (Fee Waiver)

University of Alabama (Fee Waiver)

I'm open to adding more schools and I don't expect to be super competitive for Illinois or Houston, but I figured with the free applications its worth a shot. If people have suggestions for other schools to apply to, I would love to hear them. I'm not interested in re-testing or waiting a year, so this is go.

What debilitating medical condition do you have?

ArchieHicox

Postby ArchieHicox » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:10 pm

For one, I can't re-test because I've already taken the LSAT 3x (once was just a horrible, no studying attempt that I should have cancelled). I graduated in December, and I'm not really interested in working in the major I graduated in. I think I should be able to get into either Mizzou or Nebraska and in-state tuition at Nebraska is inviting or in-state at Mizzou after 1L is good enough. I'm not looking to work in NYC or DC, and for my purposes of staying in the midwest I'm not sure that waiting, or re-testing (if possible, which it isn't) would really help or be worth the 12 month delay. I just included that because from what I've read it seems to be the generic advice given to everyone.

Dmini7

Postby Dmini7 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:23 pm

I won't attack you about a retake, but here is the information regarding your numbers and if you can get into the schools you wanted. unfortunately, being Indian offers no URM boost.

this shows with your current numbers:
http://myLSN.info/sneza3

thisi s your hypothetical range:
http://myLSN.info/a6g46h

there realyl are not enough points to go off of here. Anyways being sub 3.0 hurts your chances at most T1, but you should be fine at UNL. If you are above their 75th on LSAT most TT's will bite.

ArchieHicox

Postby ArchieHicox » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:30 pm

Thanks for the link.

Should I hold my apps until I get the March LSAT, for schools with later deadlines? Or is there a procedure for informing them of a higher score? At minimum I know I improved to the 163/164 range which should help, presumably.

My thinking is Nebraska or Mizzou. One of the 2. I went to Undergrad in St. Louis and I think Mizzou would be a good fit. Nebraska is even better because of in-state and family. I'm above the 75% marker for the LSAT at both, but yeah way below the 25% marker on GPA.

Is it worth it to send some reach applications to some Top 50-60 schools if the February LSAT comes in at the ~165 range? You only need one acceptance, right?

Also what does TT mean?

qwertyboard

Postby qwertyboard » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:02 am

My take.. I might be wrong. Don't send apps to t50+ schools because of their rank, even if they admitted you with 160. After the top 20-30 it really comes down to where you want to work and if the school provides the best odds for achieving that goal.

Dmini7

Postby Dmini7 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:21 am

ha-ri wrote:Thanks for the link.

Should I hold my apps until I get the March LSAT, for schools with later deadlines? Or is there a procedure for informing them of a higher score? At minimum I know I improved to the 163/164 range which should help, presumably.

My thinking is Nebraska or Mizzou. One of the 2. I went to Undergrad in St. Louis and I think Mizzou would be a good fit. Nebraska is even better because of in-state and family. I'm above the 75% marker for the LSAT at both, but yeah way below the 25% marker on GPA.

Is it worth it to send some reach applications to some Top 50-60 schools if the February LSAT comes in at the ~165 range? You only need one acceptance, right?

Also what does TT mean?

TT=Tier 2 (51-100)

If you are interested in a school in that range that is in the area you want to work. Then I say go for it. Most schools will hold onto your application until your score comes out. If not send them an email telling them you retook the test and want them to hold onto your application and evaluate it after your February score arrives.

Return to “What are my chances?”