Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Taco

Postby Taco » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:26 pm

Last edited by Taco on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

xjv177

Re: 163 / 3.75 / military officer

Postby xjv177 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:31 pm

Aim higher (in addition to keeping those apps). I know that lots of us have great respect for military people and it should be helpful.

Ramius

Re: 163 / 3.75 / military officer

Postby Ramius » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:44 pm

Taco wrote:I decided very late in the cycle to apply to law school. Late as in 10 days ago. Probably not going to law school next year, just wanted to see who accepted me.

I will be applying to:

Duke
Indiana
Alabama
Tulane
Houston

90% sure that I will not be going to law school next year, but these schools all invited me to apply / waived my application fee as soon as I activated my LSAC account. I will most likely be retaking LSAT in October and applying for 2014. (some others schools also waived my application, like suffolk and penn state, but I'd likely rather never go to law school than go to one of those places, unless they gave me full scholarships)

As a fellow military officer going through the cycle this year, I will tell you that a retake will pay major dividends when you apply next year. I have a better LSAT, worse GPA and I've been very fortunate thus far (4 T14 acceptances, schollys at some other good options). If you're already basically consigned to not attending next year, seriously consider a retake and see what you can get next cycle. Military is a serious plus, but it won't be a complete game changer.

Return to “What are my chances?”