3.55 GPA/ 149 LSAT. What are similar applicants' exps?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
uvabro

Re: 3.55 GPA/ 149 LSAT. What are similar applicants' exps?

Postby uvabro » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:17 pm

OP don't listen to these people - just got to Albany and be #1 in your class.

The LSAT is a terrible predictor of law school performance, and you should never invest too much into it. The LSAT fails to test any of the stuff that law school exams and real practice is all about like how much you believe in your dreams, and your feelings. Law school exams rarely will ask you to critical read, or analyze assumptions in arguments - the prompt will normally say something like, "Are you giving up on your dream", and everyone who says no gets an A.

Also, you shouldn't have to work to improve your LSAT. Law school is not really that much work. You can just skim stuff, and none of your classmates are going to spend over 5 to 10 minutes a day on average. Just go planning to be #1, and then transfer to Harvard.

throw-away-soon

Postby throw-away-soon » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:13 pm

Um, I scored more than 10 points higher than you, got dinged at Syracuse and George Mason. I don't think you'll get in anywhere listed.

My cold diagnostic was 24 points lower than my actual, and I really studied for maybe 3 months, and didn't take a class. And I was pretty fucked at the time so if you are competent and study, you'll score a lot higher.

Shanleigh17

Postby Shanleigh17 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:05 pm

No guys!! Sorry I've been studying and doing midterms. I truly appreciate all of the advice, even the rude advice lol. I completely understand your comments and I am definitely looking into taking a year off and getting some solid work experience. Hopefully I can get an internship with an attorney's office, a full time job and spend some time volunteering with the local anti-gang organizations. My future aim is to end up hiring underprivileged people in my area who are susceptible to a bad upbringin and extreme poverty.

Thanks for all of your time though, and wise advice!! Good luck to all of you!

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:24 pm

uvabro wrote:OP don't listen to these people - just got to Albany and be #1 in your class.

The LSAT is a terrible predictor of law school performance, and you should never invest too much into it. The LSAT fails to test any of the stuff that law school exams and real practice is all about like how much you believe in your dreams, and your feelings. Law school exams rarely will ask you to critical read, or analyze assumptions in arguments - the prompt will normally say something like, "Are you giving up on your dream", and everyone who says no gets an A.

Also, you shouldn't have to work to improve your LSAT. Law school is not really that much work. You can just skim stuff, and none of your classmates are going to spend over 5 to 10 minutes a day on average. Just go planning to be #1, and then transfer to Harvard.

Come on, throw-away-soon... uvabro is clearly trolling.

Good luck OP!

Shanleigh17

Postby Shanleigh17 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:03 pm

throw-away-soon wrote:Um, I scored more than 10 points higher than you, got dinged at Syracuse and George Mason. I don't think you'll get in anywhere listed.

My cold diagnostic was 24 points lower than my actual, and I really studied for maybe 3 months, and didn't take a class. And I was pretty fucked at the time so if you are competent and study, you'll score a lot higher.

I got into Albany and I am weight listed at Syracuse, while the others are pending. So as of now I am hoping to be admitted to UB, otherwise will be taking time off to boost up the LSAT score and hopefully get some scholarships!

Shanleigh17

Postby Shanleigh17 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:06 pm

uvabro wrote:OP don't listen to these people - just got to Albany and be #1 in your class.

Luckily for law schools my major is extremely focused on critical reading and analyzing texts, so I think I am very well prepared :) But thanks for your yuppy advice! I'd rather be happy and ambitious then degrade others who I didn't know.

Return to “What are my chances?”