Difference b/w lsdas 2.3 and 2.8

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
hukchobo

Difference b/w lsdas 2.3 and 2.8

Postby hukchobo » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:46 am

Do law schools treat gpas within the 2.3~2.8 range all differently or is there no difference??
Reason im asking is cuz my gpa is a 2.3 and most of the gpas with similar lsat numbers are 2.5~2.7 so its kinda hard to compare...
Are sub 2.9 gpas all treated the same?

toothbrush

Re: Difference b/w lsdas 2.3 and 2.8

Postby toothbrush » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:38 am

hukchobo wrote:Do law schools treat gpas within the 2.3~2.8 range all differently or is there no difference??
Reason im asking is cuz my gpa is a 2.3 and most of the gpas with similar lsat numbers are 2.5~2.7 so its kinda hard to compare...

I would say that this depends on the school range. Some schools "floor" out below a 3.0 and then, IMO, most sub 3.0 is treated the same. Do some playing in mylsn.info to get a better idea. Be generous with your ranges because there isn't too much info with that gpa range.

hukchobo

Postby hukchobo » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:49 pm

toothbrush wrote:
hukchobo wrote:Do law schools treat gpas within the 2.3~2.8 range all differently or is there no difference??

I would say that this depends on the school range. Some schools "floor" out below a 3.0 and then, IMO, most sub 3.0 is treated the same. Do some playing in mylsn.info to get a better idea. Be generous with your ranges because there isn't too much info with that gpa range.

Thx for the reply ill just have to wait and see then

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:50 pm

hukchobo wrote:
toothbrush wrote:

http://www.mylsn.info

Not sure if you caught my drift. It's a predictor generator that uses the results of people from TLS

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:00 am

toothbrush wrote:
hukchobo wrote:
toothbrush wrote:

http://www.mylsn.info

Not sure if you caught my drift. It's a predictor generator that uses the results of people from TLS

Haha I don't think OP understood your response, either.

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:14 am

PRgradBYU wrote:
Haha I don't think OP understood your response, either.

=P gotta remember not everyone is as savvy as common TLS'rs..

mylsn.info is a strange address too heh.

no biggy. hope he got the message

hukchobo

Postby hukchobo » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:59 am

I do know what mylsn is its a stickied post...

Its just that mylsn doesnt seem to be working properly for me
The graphs are really fuzzy and its hard for me to see.. i tried playing around with the options but still verry fuzzy incomprehensible graphs...
Not to mention it doesnt load at all on my phone (i rarely have a chance to use a computer)
Am i missing something here??

Edit: scrap that i now see its not only graphs thx for the info

toothbrush

Postby toothbrush » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:32 am

hukchobo wrote:I do know what mylsn is its a stickied post...

Its just that mylsn doesnt seem to be working properly for me
The graphs are really fuzzy and its hard for me to see.. i tried playing around with the options but still verry fuzzy incomprehensible graphs...
Not to mention it doesnt load at all on my phone (i rarely have a chance to use a computer)
Am i missing something here??

Edit: scrap that i now see its not only graphs thx for the info

succceessss

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:01 pm

hukchobo wrote:Are sub 2.9 gpas all treated the same?

As you noted, there's not a tremendous amount of data on this, but what data there is suggests that law schools do not treat all sub-3.0 GPAs the same. Someone with a 2.8/173 will stand a significantly better chance at NU than someone with a 2.3/173, on average.

Return to “What are my chances?”