What are my chances for Emory?? - Patent Agent w/ Ph.D.

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
screamn02

What are my chances for Emory?? - Patent Agent w/ Ph.D.

Postby screamn02 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:58 pm

I have:
164 LSAT
3.05 GPA from top engineering school
Ph.D. in organic chemistry from top program
Admitted to USPTO Bar
Work at AmLaw100 Firm as a Patent Agent with an amazing rec from a senior partner.

I just applied early January. Any thoughts on likelihood of admission to Emory and/or scholarship $ there?? Would love to live in Atlanta!
Last edited by screamn02 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scottyc66

Re: What are my chances for Emory??

Postby scottyc66 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:37 pm

screamn02 wrote:I have:
164 LSAT
3.05 GPA from top engineering school
Ph.D. in organic chemistry from top program
Admitted to USPTO Bar
Work at AmLaw100 Firm as a Patent Agent with an amazing rec from a senior partner.

I just applied early January. Any thoughts on likelihood of admission to Emory and/or scholarship $ there?? Would love to live in Atlanta!

Probably not, definitely no money. Never know how they'll take those softs though.

twenty

Re: What are my chances for Emory?? - Patent Agent w/ Ph.D.

Postby twenty » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:42 pm

The good news is, with those stats, you probably won't have too much trouble finding a job post-grad.

The bad news is, a 164 LSAT is not enough to get you into Emory with money. I'd for sure retake regardless, but figure UGA is a lot more likely than Emory, since Emory doesn't generally like to dip that far down in uGPA numbers.

EDIT> You do have Atlanta/south ties, right? Otherwise all this advice goes out the window.

Return to “What are my chances?”