3.60/164 URM (MA)

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
meddleprat

3.60/164 URM (MA)

Postby meddleprat » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:19 pm

Hey you guys,

I know it is very late in the game but I have decided to apply to a couple of different law schools. Is it worth it for me apply to any of the T14 with my numbers and if so which ones or should I stick to the regional schools in my area. Thanks!

dowu

Re: 3.60/164 URM (MA)

Postby dowu » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:24 pm

meddleprat wrote:Hey you guys,

I know it is very late in the game but I have decided to apply to a couple of different law schools. Is it worth it for me apply to any of the T14 with my numbers and if so which ones or should I stick to the regional schools in my area. Thanks!

You'll be on the edge for receiving money this late into the cycle, but don't be discouraged. What region are you shooting for? Can you retake your LSAT? If so, you should.

In short, retake and apply early next cycle.

John_rizzy_rawls

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:25 pm

Off chance at some lower T14s.

A good idea of your chances: http://myLSN.info/iolpw9
Last edited by John_rizzy_rawls on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:48 pm

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:Off chance at some lower T14s.

A good idea of your chances: http://www.mylsn.info/dispresults.php

I think you forgot to copy and paste the "Link to this page" link. :wink:

meddleprat

Postby meddleprat » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:56 pm

Okay so it seems to me like the consensus is to going to be retake the LSAT and apply early.I do however have some additional questions if anyone would like to help a confused and admittedly a little nervous potential applicant.

What would it take on the LSAT to be competitive for the t14? Even if I hit 170 would I have a chance at HYS?I hate to ask but given how URM statuses might not mean much, as far as a boost goes, this next coming cycle should I just take what I can get this cycle? My regional school is UT Austin however I do not think my URM status is going to help me as much there as possible other t20 schools. Also, would UT Austin or possibly Baylor be a bad choice if I got in this cycle. I've heard very different things about UT on TLS and would appreciate any advice on what to consider about UT.

Thanks alot! I really appreciate the input.

John_rizzy_rawls

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:57 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:Off chance at some lower T14s.

A good idea of your chances: http://www.mylsn.info/dispresults.php

I think you forgot to copy and paste the "Link to this page" link. :wink:

Edited. I'm a genius, thanks lol

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:58 pm

meddleprat wrote:Even if I hit 170 would I have a chance at HYS?

As a URM, you'd have about a 25% shot at H and S with a 3.6 / 170.

Edit: http://myLSN.info/vva938

John_rizzy_rawls

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:11 pm

meddleprat wrote:Okay so it seems to me like the consensus is to going to be retake the LSAT and apply early.I do however have some additional questions if anyone would like to help a confused and admittedly a little nervous potential applicant.

What would it take on the LSAT to be competitive for the t14? Even if I hit 170 would I have a chance at HYS?I hate to ask but given how URM statuses might not mean much, as far as a boost goes, this next coming cycle should I just take what I can get this cycle? My regional school is UT Austin however I do not think my URM status is going to help me as much there as possible other t20 schools. Also, would UT Austin or possibly Baylor be a bad choice if I got in this cycle. I've heard very different things about UT on TLS and would appreciate any advice on what to consider about UT.

Thanks alot! I really appreciate the input.

Doubt whatever decision comes out of Fisher will completely overturn Grutter. Even schools who aren't allowed to factor in race somehow still have a substantial URM boost (Berkeley, Michigan, Stanford, UCLA/USC).

So BYU is right, 170 gives you a good shot a H, decent one at S depending on your softs.

Return to “What are my chances?”