3.76 GPA / 154 LSAT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Mick Haller

Re: 3.76 GPA / 154 LSAT

Postby Mick Haller » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:16 am

Hamburger University has better job placement than these crap schools. You can go there with no LSAT.

babyxballerina

Postby babyxballerina » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:18 am

ndirish2010 wrote:
babyxballerina wrote:We'll see what I get on Feb test.

Considering you can't identify an assumption, I'm not betting on your LR score. Since you haven't got the hint not to go to law school yet, doesn't say much about your chances for RC section. You better be amazing at LGs.

Actually, I have a good LR score.

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:20 am

babyxballerina wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:

Considering you can't identify an assumption, I'm not betting on your LR score. Since you haven't got the hint not to go to law school yet, doesn't say much about your chances for RC section. You better be amazing at LGs.

Given that your score is a 154, "good" is a relative term.

+1 to the above about Hamburger U. Guaranteed job. Highly recommended.

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:22 am

ndirish2010 wrote:

Aren't February LSATs notorious for having bizarre games? I think our friend is in trouble.

Shmoopy

Postby Shmoopy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:22 am

babyxballerina wrote:
Not going to have debt.

Don't you think you owe it to your parents to use that money they are you giving you as wisely as you can? 250k is a ton of money! You should be comparing: if your parents just gave you that money to invest or put in an ira or something, vs going to law school, which would be the better choice long term? The schools you've mentioned are very clearly a worse option than investing that money somehow.

I'm not going to be mean, but you seem very resigned to a low LSAT score. You shouldn't be, especially because it doesn't sound like you studied anywhere near as hard as some people do. You've improved since your diagnostic, but so what? You can keep on improving. You shouldn't be content to say that you've done your best on the LSAT until you take it again after studying at least 20 hours per week, preferably more, for several months straight. You have a very good gpa, so a better LSAT score could really help you.

I agree that you should be setting the bar at Fordham, but at the very least don't go to one of those schools ranked below Cardozo or Brooklyn. Seriously. Going to Vegas with your parents' money would be a better idea than going somewhere like Hofstra or St. John's. The odds of winning at roulette in Vegas are literally better than the odds of getting a high paying job at one of those schools! I am completely serious. It would be a better idea to straight up gamble that tuition money.

babyxballerina

Postby babyxballerina » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 am

ndirish2010 wrote:
babyxballerina wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:

Given that your score is a 154, "good" is a relative term.

+1 to the above about Hamburger U. Guaranteed job. Highly recommended.

Actually, if I score in every section as well as I score in LR, I would already be at 168.

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:27 am

babyxballerina wrote:
Actually, if I score in every section as well as I score in LR, I would already be at 168.

Well then why are you posting here asking about going to life-destroying schools instead of using the LG bible to improve your score? LOL flame.

babyxballerina

Postby babyxballerina » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:29 am

ndirish2010 wrote:
babyxballerina wrote:

Well then why are you posting here asking about going to life-destroying schools instead of using the LG bible to improve your score? LOL flame.

I am using the bibles.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:03 am

Shmoopy wrote:
babyxballerina wrote:
Not going to have debt.

Don't you think you owe it to your parents to use that money they are you giving you as wisely as you can? 250k is a ton of money! You should be comparing: if your parents just gave you that money to invest or put in an ira or something, vs going to law school, which would be the better choice long term? The schools you've mentioned are very clearly a worse option than investing that money somehow.

I'm not going to be mean, but you seem very resigned to a low LSAT score. You shouldn't be, especially because it doesn't sound like you studied anywhere near as hard as some people do. You've improved since your diagnostic, but so what? You can keep on improving. You shouldn't be content to say that you've done your best on the LSAT until you take it again after studying at least 20 hours per week, preferably more, for several months straight. You have a very good gpa, so a better LSAT score could really help you.

I agree that you should be setting the bar at Fordham, but at the very least don't go to one of those schools ranked below Cardozo or Brooklyn. Seriously. Going to Vegas with your parents' money would be a better idea than going somewhere like Hofstra or St. John's. The odds of winning at roulette in Vegas are literally better than the odds of getting a high paying job at one of those schools! I am completely serious. It would be a better idea to straight up gamble that tuition money.

+1 to all of this.

OP, you are pissing your parents' money down the drain for a "shot at the top of the class." Saying something like this is incredibly naive and silly. Your odds would be better at a roulette table.

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:07 am

romothesavior wrote:+1 to all of this.

OP, you are pissing your parents' money down the drain for a "shot at the top of the class." Saying something like this is incredibly naive and silly. Your odds would be better at a roulette table.

I recommend putting your money on black. You have a 9/19 chance. Far better than one of these schools.

babyxballerina

Postby babyxballerina » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:09 am

ndirish2010 wrote:

I recommend putting your money on black. You have a 9/19 chance. Far better than one of these schools.

It's not your money that's being spent, so why would it matter to you?

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:11 am

babyxballerina wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:

Do your parents know that you have absolutely no respect for their money? You know, some people have to work to get money...

babyxballerina

Postby babyxballerina » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:13 am

ndirish2010 wrote:
babyxballerina wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:

Do your parents know that you have absolutely no respect for their money? You know, some people have to work to get money...

Yep.

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:19 am

babyxballerina wrote:Yep.

In that case, have fun at NYLS. Just say it really fast and people might think you go to NYU.

BerkeleyBear

Postby BerkeleyBear » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:20 am

OP, stop being a dunce. You have people in LS right now giving you advice, and it's damn good advice. Your parents paying for you is like hitting the jackpot, don't just throw it all away on a shitty hand.

babyxballerina

Postby babyxballerina » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:22 am

BerkeleyBear wrote:OP, stop being a dunce. You have people in LS right now giving you advice, and it's damn good advice. Your parents paying for you is like hitting the jackpot, don't just throw it all away on a shitty hand.

I never asked people to give me advice whether or not to go to the schools I listed. I just asked what my chances were for those schools.

BerkeleyBear

Postby BerkeleyBear » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:39 am

babyxballerina wrote:
BerkeleyBear wrote:OP, stop being a dunce. You have people in LS right now giving you advice, and it's damn good advice. Your parents paying for you is like hitting the jackpot, don't just throw it all away on a shitty hand.

I never asked people to give me advice whether or not to go to the schools I listed. I just asked what my chances were for those schools.

I understand the truth hurts and that you don't want to study and retake but it's the smartest thing for you to do. People are either going to direct you to sites like LSN or tell you to retake. Stop being such a debby-downer thinking you cannot surpass a 154 LSAT because you're bad at standardized testing. You have absolutely nothing to lose. I doubt in 5 years you'll be kicking yourself for not going on the fast track to a school with bad job prospects. Study hard and take a year off.

Don't be a moron OP. At the very least retake for your parents and their fiscal wellbeing.

Shmoopy

Postby Shmoopy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:45 am

babyxballerina wrote:

Your chances are probably getting in to at least one of the schools you mentioned and then probably never working as a lawyer in a long-term, full time position. You want to go to law school to be employed as a lawyer, right?

There are chances of getting in to a school, and there are chances of becoming a lawyer. People here are trying to advise you on the later because it is the more important one.

babyxballerina

Postby babyxballerina » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:51 am

BerkeleyBear wrote:
babyxballerina wrote:

I understand the truth hurts and that you don't want to study and retake but it's the smartest thing for you to do. People are either going to direct you to sites like LSN or tell you to retake. Stop being such a debby-downer thinking you cannot surpass a 154 LSAT because you're bad at standardized testing. You have absolutely nothing to lose. I doubt in 5 years you'll be kicking yourself for not going on the fast track to a school with bad job prospects. Study hard and take a year off.

Don't be a moron OP. At the very least retake for your parents and their fiscal wellbeing.

Ok. Well I am retaking. Obviously I wouldn't be retaking if I didn't think I could get above a 154 LSAT. I just know it won't be a 168.

Mick Haller

Postby Mick Haller » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:51 am

If money is no object, then where is the freaking rush? Chill at your parents' house, hire a private LSAT tutor, get the damn score up.

If a year from now your score is still in the pits, believe me these crap schools will still be there and they will be happy to take your cash.

BerkeleyBear

Postby BerkeleyBear » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:13 am

Good choice OP! If you go in with the mindset that you can't get a 168 or higher, you likely wont. So don't do that to yourself. If you have a good grasp of English and have the money for prep material/classes and/or a tutor, you are going to be just fine. Master the PT's and just treat the LSAT like a PT. You will crush that 154! :D
Last edited by BerkeleyBear on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

BerkeleyBear

Postby BerkeleyBear » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:15 am

Mick Haller wrote:If money is no object, then where is the freaking rush? Chill at your parents' house, hire a private LSAT tutor, get the damn score up.

If a year from now your score is still in the pits, believe me these crap schools will still be there and they will be happy to take your cash.

This.

And your tar is awesome.

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:16 am

OP is either a flame or just wants 3 more years of college so she can appear to her friends and family as if she's doing something productive. Not sure which is worse.

BerkeleyBear

Postby BerkeleyBear » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:26 am

ndirish2010 wrote:OP is either a flame or just wants 3 more years of college so she can appear to her friends and family as if she's doing something productive. Not sure which is worse.

HAHAHA! It has to be a flame. Then again, some people are actually crazy enough to do something like this. Batshit crazy people.

Aawaldrop

Postby Aawaldrop » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:31 am

If in OP's position I would not go to law school
/thread
time to close this up

Return to “What are my chances?”