3.76 GPA / 154 LSAT Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ndirish2010

Gold

Re: 3.76 GPA / 154 LSAT

Post by ndirish2010 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:29 am

What is wrong with people on this site? How hard is it to understand, DO NOT GO TO ANY OF THESE SCHOOLS! If people at median at T14s are struggling, how the f**k do you think people are doing at these TTTTs? Do something productive with your life, don't go to law school. Or put some time into the LSAT, get a 168, and go to Fordham with money or Cornell.

babyxballerina

Bronze

Post by babyxballerina » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:36 am

ndirish2010 wrote:What is wrong with people on this site? How hard is it to understand, DO NOT GO TO ANY OF THESE SCHOOLS! If people at median at T14s are struggling, how the f**k do you think people are doing at these TTTTs? Do something productive with your life, don't go to law school. Or put some time into the LSAT, get a 168, and go to Fordham with money or Cornell.
Well I'm going either way. Not everyone can get a 168 on the LSAT. Not everyone is in the top 6%.

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:42 am

babyxballerina wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:What is wrong with people on this site? How hard is it to understand, DO NOT GO TO ANY OF THESE SCHOOLS! If people at median at T14s are struggling, how the f**k do you think people are doing at these TTTTs? Do something productive with your life, don't go to law school. Or put some time into the LSAT, get a 168, and go to Fordham with money or Cornell.
Well I'm going either way. Not everyone can get a 168 on the LSAT. Not everyone is in the top 6%.
The LSAT is a very learnable test. Most people don't get top scores naturally. I don't understand why you don't think you have any chance of significant improvement with proper prep; plenty of 170+ scorers started out in the 150s or even lower.

Not having to take out debt for law school is great. But even with that being the case, do you really want to spend three years of your life getting a degree if it's not going to lead to a job? You're going to have more options than most people because you don't have to worry about debt; maybe you are somebody for which Fordham sticker actually makes some sense.

I also have family paying for my LS, but that's no reason to rush off to it. In fact, it made things easier on me, knowing that I could take a year off after UG and really gain some knowledge and practical experience (e.g. even unpaid internships) without having to worry about keeping myself from starving since my family is well off.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:44 am

babyxballerina wrote:
Seriously, is there something wrong with you? I'm a real life 3L, and a lot of people on this site are actual law students or graduates. I was in the top 10% from a T25 and did not get a firm job 2L summer. What do you expect to happen to you from HofsTTTra? You realize that literally if you are not in the top 10 students there, you will not get any job that is anywhere close to worth going to law school for?

Getting a 168 isn't really that hard. Actually, if I could go back to when I was a 0L, I would have retaken again. You can never retake too many times. Your posts are some of the worst special snowflake syndrome I have ever seen, and that's saying something on these boards.

babyxballerina

Bronze

Post by babyxballerina » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:46 am

Crowing wrote:
babyxballerina wrote:
The LSAT is a very learnable test. Most people don't get top scores naturally. I don't understand why you don't think you have any chance of significant improvement with proper prep; plenty of 170+ scorers started out in the 150s or even lower.

Not having to take out debt for law school is great. But even with that being the case, do you really want to spend three years of your life getting a degree if it's not going to lead to a job? You're going to have more options than most people because you don't have to worry about debt; maybe you are somebody for which Fordham sticker actually makes some sense.

I also have family paying for my LS, but that's no reason to rush off to it. In fact, it made things easier on me, knowing that I could take a year off after UG and really gain some knowledge and practical experience (e.g. even unpaid internships) without having to worry about keeping myself from starving since my family is well off.
My diagnostic was a 143. I got my score up to 154 for Dec test. I probably can bump my score up a bit more, but not to that crazy extent of 168. Fordham LSAT range is 163-167, isn't it? I'd be lucky to hit close to 160 which would still be under the range. Was thinking Cardozo sticker if I can get in since I would be in their range if I scored around there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

suralin

Diamond

Post by suralin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:47 am

babyxballerina wrote:
LOL. That, combined with this:
babyxballerina wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Going to any of these schools would be a terrible decision. If you actually want to be a lawyer when you graduate, avoid all of them. Take a look for yourself:

http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=hofstra
http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=brooklyn
http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=stjohns
http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=chicago-kent
http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=villanova

This is just a sampling. None of these schools has good employment outcomes. In all likelihood, you would be wasting your parents' money, and wasting your own time and energy. Either retake the LSAT and get a much higher score (Fordham is the lowest you should go to in NYC), or don't go to law school. Good luck.
Either way, I'm going to law school. I just don't know which law school until I take Feb test and get results.
just makes me simultaneously :evil: :lol: :roll:

Also, just because people do go to these law schools does not mean that you should go to any of these schools.
Last edited by suralin on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:47 am

babyxballerina wrote:
Crowing wrote:
babyxballerina wrote:

My diagnostic was a 143. I got my score up to 154 for Dec test. I probably can bump my score up a bit more, but not to that crazy extent of 168. Fordham LSAT range is 163-167, isn't it? I'd be lucky to hit close to 160 which would still be under the range. Was thinking Cardozo sticker if I can get in since I would be in their range if I scored around there.
You must be a flame. People don't actually consider going to Cardozo at sticker.

babyxballerina

Bronze

Post by babyxballerina » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:48 am

ndirish2010 wrote:
babyxballerina wrote:
Seriously, is there something wrong with you? I'm a real life 3L, and a lot of people on this site are actual law students or graduates. I was in the top 10% from a T25 and did not get a firm job 2L summer. What do you expect to happen to you from HofsTTTra? You realize that literally if you are not in the top 10 students there, you will not get any job that is anywhere close to worth going to law school for?

Getting a 168 isn't really that hard. Actually, if I could go back to when I was a 0L, I would have retaken again. You can never retake too many times. Your posts are some of the worst special snowflake syndrome I have ever seen, and that's saying something on these boards.
Well I'm willing to take my chances to see if I'm in the top of the class.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:50 am

babyxballerina wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
babyxballerina wrote:

Definitely a flame.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

suralin

Diamond

Post by suralin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:50 am

ndirish2010 wrote:
babyxballerina wrote:

All of this.

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:51 am

babyxballerina wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
babyxballerina wrote:

:shock:

Are you trolling us?

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:53 am

This has to be a troll?

babyxballerina

Bronze

Post by babyxballerina » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:53 am

Getting a 168 isn't really that hard. Actually, if I could go back to when I was a 0L, I would have retaken again. You can never retake too many times. Your posts are some of the worst special snowflake syndrome I have ever seen, and that's saying something on these boards.[/quote]

Well I'm willing to take my chances to see if I'm in the top of the class.[/quote]

:shock:

Are you trolling us?[/quote]

Nope.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:55 am

TLS has seen some pretty bad flames. This is one of the worst.

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:56 am

I will never understand the "just because I can get into a law school, I should attend law school" rationale. Hop on here in a few years after you go to your TTT school at sticker with shackles of debt, and tell us we were wrong.

Also, learn how to quote.

babyxballerina

Bronze

Post by babyxballerina » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:57 am

PRgradBYU wrote:I will never understand the "just because I can get into a law school, I should attend law school" rationale. Hop on here in a few years after you go to your TTT school at sticker with shackles of debt, and tell us we were wrong.

Not going to have debt.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:00 am

babyxballerina wrote:
PRgradBYU wrote:I will never understand the "just because I can get into a law school, I should attend law school" rationale. Hop on here in a few years after you go to your TTT school at sticker with shackles of debt, and tell us we were wrong.

Not going to have debt.
LOL they could pay you 40K a year and it wouldn't be worth it at these schools.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

suralin

Diamond

Post by suralin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:01 am

babyxballerina wrote:

Not going to have debt.
Ever hear of something called opportunity cost?

Because 3 years of your life in your 20s (presumably) are of no importance. :roll:

babyxballerina

Bronze

Post by babyxballerina » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:02 am

ndirish2010 wrote:
babyxballerina wrote:

Not going to have debt.
LOL they could pay you 40K a year and it wouldn't be worth it at these schools.
I honestly couldn't care less about cost/worth. Whether some one goes on full scholarship or sticker, the degree is the same from the same school depending where you rank.

babyxballerina

Bronze

Post by babyxballerina » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:04 am

Suralin wrote:
babyxballerina wrote:

Not going to have debt.

Because 3 years of your life in your 20s (presumably) are of no importance. :roll:
Maybe for you it's of no importance, but not for me. Don't make false assumptions.

suralin

Diamond

Post by suralin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:06 am

babyxballerina wrote:
Suralin wrote:
babyxballerina wrote:

Not going to have debt.

Maybe for you it's of no importance, but not for me. Don't make false assumptions.
:shock: :lol: :roll:

I don't even...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:08 am

babyxballerina wrote:
Suralin wrote:
babyxballerina wrote:

Not going to have debt.

Now we know why you didn't do very well on the LSAT...

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:11 am

ndirish2010 wrote:Now we know why you didn't do very well on the LSAT...
Hahahaha. /thread

babyxballerina

Bronze

Post by babyxballerina » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:11 am

ndirish2010 wrote:
babyxballerina wrote:
Suralin wrote:
babyxballerina wrote:
Not going to have debt.

Now we know why you didn't do very well on the LSAT...
We'll see what I get on Feb test.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:16 am

babyxballerina wrote:We'll see what I get on Feb test.
Considering you can't identify an assumption, I'm not betting on your LR score. Since you haven't got the hint not to go to law school yet, doesn't say much about your chances for RC section. You better be amazing at LGs.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”