178/3.6 what are my chances?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
rjf5071
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:49 pm

178/3.6 what are my chances?

Postby rjf5071 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:35 am

If anyone could give their advice I'd appreciate it. Here are my stats
178 lsat
3.6 gpa biology major at a state school
Non URM
1 year americorps experience through City Year, other than that my softs are nothing special

I am wondering what my chances are for top schools. I know my gpa is pretty low, thanks to a few bio classes I did poorly in. I am also worried about my recommendation letters, since all of my academic letters would be from science profs and I'm not quite sure how to make them work for law school.
Any input would be appreciated

Thanks

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: 178/3.6 what are my chances?

Postby 20141023 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:55 am

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: 178/3.6 what are my chances?

Postby toothbrush » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:14 am

rjf5071 wrote:If anyone could give their advice I'd appreciate it. Here are my stats
178 lsat
3.6 gpa biology major at a state school
Non URM
1 year americorps experience through City Year, other than that my softs are nothing special

I am wondering what my chances are for top schools. I know my gpa is pretty low, thanks to a few bio classes I did poorly in. I am also worried about my recommendation letters, since all of my academic letters would be from science profs and I'm not quite sure how to make them work for law school.
Any input would be appreciated

Thanks

Apply to the t14 and enjoy. No offense, but this post falls into the "don't make a what are my chances thread"...

go to mylsn.info for my information regarding similar acceptances for your numbers in the past.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: 178/3.6 what are my chances?

Postby gaud » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:15 am

I'd blanket the t14

rjf5071
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: 178/3.6 what are my chances?

Postby rjf5071 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:24 am

Yeah I am new to tls so I apologize. Thanks for the input though everyone. I guess I was really just wondering about the t14 and how much of an impact softs have, or lack thereof, since I have no special law-related experience and no real strong recommendations.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: 178/3.6 what are my chances?

Postby dingbat » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:29 am

rjf5071 wrote:Yeah I am new to tls so I apologize. Thanks for the input though everyone. I guess I was really just wondering about the t14 and how much of an impact softs have, or lack thereof, since I have no special law-related experience and no real strong recommendations.

your softs are typical (most candidates will have americorps, TFA, class president, or some such, but nothing spectacular) and your law-related experience is not unusual either. In that respect, you're the typical applicant

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: 178/3.6 what are my chances?

Postby toothbrush » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:57 am

dingbat wrote:
rjf5071 wrote:Yeah I am new to tls so I apologize. Thanks for the input though everyone. I guess I was really just wondering about the t14 and how much of an impact softs have, or lack thereof, since I have no special law-related experience and no real strong recommendations.

your softs are typical (most candidates will have americorps, TFA, class president, or some such, but nothing spectacular) and your law-related experience is not unusual either. In that respect, you're the typical applicant

This. And to elaborate because you make me sound mean bc you're new...

HYS don't care about your softs to give you a boost and your gpa floors your out *typically*. In that regard, you *may* get H but prob no S or Y.

CCN you have a chance and I'd say with money as well. Your LSAT tops their 75th and your gpa sort of floors their bottom 25% but historically you'll do fine.

The rest you'll get with money, save maybe Yield Protection at GULC or Cornell.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15508
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: 178/3.6 what are my chances?

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:03 am

pretty good chances

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: 178/3.6 what are my chances?

Postby rad lulz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:40 am

Lawschoolnumbers.com

nebula666
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Re: 178/3.6 what are my chances?

Postby nebula666 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:26 am

Harvard isn't completely out of the picture but rejected/waitlisted is likely. I think you are pretty safe at CLS and down. Penn and UVA like to waitlist people with your numbers but you'll still probably get in. Significant money from UVA down.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chargers21 and 1 guest