Chance Me (169 / 3.5)

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
drive4showLSAT4dough
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 10:19 am

Chance Me (169 / 3.5)

Postby drive4showLSAT4dough » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:46 pm

.
Last edited by drive4showLSAT4dough on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: Chance Me (169 / 3.5)

Postby 052220151 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:59 pm

LSAT: 156 -> 164 -> 169
GPA: 3.5
2 yrs WE

Boalt - out
Penn - out
Michigan - out
UVA - maybe in if Ed, otherwise out
Duke- wl, prob out
Northwestern- wl, prob in
Georgetown - wl, maybe in
Cornell - in, maybe money
Vandy - in, maybe money
Minn - in with money
BU - in with money
BC - in with money
Fordham - in with money

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Chance Me (169 / 3.5)

Postby Rahviveh » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:11 pm

deputydog wrote:LSAT: 156 -> 164 -> 169
GPA: 3.5
2 yrs WE

Boalt - out
Penn - out
Michigan - out
UVA - maybe in if Ed, otherwise out
Duke- wl, prob out
Northwestern- wl, prob in
Georgetown - wl, maybe in
Cornell - in, maybe money
Vandy - in, maybe money
Minn - in with money
BU - in with money
BC - in with money
Fordham - in with money

Agree with all this except NW, almost certainly out there, and won't get off the WL

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Chance Me (169 / 3.5)

Postby Nova » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:13 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:
deputydog wrote:LSAT: 156 -> 164 -> 169
GPA: 3.5
2 yrs WE

Boalt - out
Penn - out
Michigan - out
UVA - maybe in if Ed, otherwise out
Duke- wl, prob out
Northwestern- wl, prob in
Georgetown - wl, maybe in
Cornell - in, maybe money
Vandy - in, maybe money
Minn - in with money
BU - in with money
BC - in with money
Fordham - in with money

Agree with all this except NW, almost certainly out there, and won't get off the WL


I agree with everything too, except I would guess out at Northwestern and out at UVA (below both medians).

drive4showLSAT4dough
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Chance Me (169 / 3.5)

Postby drive4showLSAT4dough » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:17 pm

I don't really understand Michigan's deal -- I believe their LSAT median was 169 last year. Are they more focused on GPA than LSAT? Are their outcomes less predictable than the other t-14s?

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: Chance Me (169 / 3.5)

Postby 052220151 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:55 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:Agree with all this except NW, almost certainly out there, and won't get off the WL


True. I think it won't be an outright ding though. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if NU's median drops to 169, in which case OP, with her WE, has a plausible chance getting in off the WL.

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Chance Me (169 / 3.5)

Postby Rahviveh » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:58 pm

deputydog wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:Agree with all this except NW, almost certainly out there, and won't get off the WL


True. I think it won't be an outright ding though. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if NU's median drops to 169, in which case OP, with her WE, has a plausible chance getting in off the WL.


Good point, although I read somewhere on TLS that last cycle NW relaxed its WE requirement in order to maintain medians and class size. If that trend continues we may not see a median drop.

User avatar
scaredredpanda
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Re: Chance Me (169 / 3.5)

Postby scaredredpanda » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:43 pm

drive4showLSAT4dough wrote:Bored at work. Chance me.

LSAT: 156 -> 164 -> 169
GPA: 3.5
2 yrs WE

Boalt
Penn
Michigan
UVA
Duke
Northwestern
Georgetown
Cornell
Vandy
Minn
BU
BC
Fordham


I'm no good at guessing, but I got into Georgetown with a 3.55, 167/169, and 3.5 years work experience. The only other school I applied to on your list is Vandy, and I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Chance Me (169 / 3.5)

Postby TripTrip » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:36 pm

drive4showLSAT4dough wrote:I don't really understand Michigan's deal -- I believe their LSAT median was 169 last year. Are they more focused on GPA than LSAT? Are their outcomes less predictable than the other t-14s?

You're a tossup for Mich.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests