az21833 wrote:Sorry in advance for hijacking this thread but maybe hearing how I am thinking through things will help with your decision making process.
I'm in same boat, or actually worse boat, as Wert and OP as I have a 171 and a 4.
my dream is H though, with no real desire to move to california for S and lack of brilliance for Y.
I decided to apply this cycle because I think I have about a 50% chance at H as it is. If i get in, I go. If I don't I wait a cycle, retake in June or October and reapply hopefully with 173 and 4 and get in. At least that was the plan before i got this uva full ride...
Any advice on whether this is the right away to approach it? Should i even be applying this cycle? Should i just run with uva?
Relax and wait for other schools to chime in. H or CCN with a smaller scholly could be a justifiably better choice for you over UVA with a full ride depending on your career goals. Either way you're going to have great options