3.1 GPA in LA?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
archieg

3.1 GPA in LA?

Postby archieg » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:10 am

Hello everybody. Hope everyone's having a great new year.

I'm about to start my final semester as an accounting major, and I'll be ending with a 3.1 GPA (if my grades go as they have before). I'll be devoting myself to studying for the December LSAT full-time with the hopes of starting law school in 2014.

Is there an ideal LSAT score I should be shooting for? Loyola LA is my goal, but are USC and UCLA possible? If so, what kind of LSAT score would I need?

Also, for UCLA, would ED help my chances? Would it hurt my scholarship chances IF it went through?

Thanks!

nebula666

Re: 3.1 GPA in LA?

Postby nebula666 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:15 am

Come back when you have an LSAT

USC/UCLA are going to be nearly impossible to crack without a 170+, and even then it will be tough. Don't go to Loyola without a significant scholarship.

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:23 am

archieg wrote:1.Is there an ideal LSAT score I should be shooting for?

2.Are USC and UCLA possible?

3.If so, what kind of LSAT score would I need?

4.Also, for UCLA, would ED help my chances?

5.Would it hurt my scholarship chances IF it went through?

1. 180
2. Yes
3. About 170
4. Yes, but dont do that unless you are rich. UCLA/USC are not worth sticker
5. Yes. You probably wouldnt get a scholarship

Yukos

Postby Yukos » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:44 pm

It's relatively easy to get a job in LA with a 3.1 GPA:

1) Work for a year.

2) Take the LSAT and get a 170+ (if you study for the year you work this is pretty doable).

3) Go to Northwestern. Despite being in Chicago, CA is the third most common destination for NU grads.

4) Bid aggressively in LA during OCI and mass mail the hell out of the rest of LA.

This is far, far easier than going to Loyola or some other LA TTT, and will leave you in a much better financial state since you're likely to get a well paying job out of NU and you'll have a year's worth of saving to defray some of the debt.

suralin
better than you

Postby suralin » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:34 pm

Yukos wrote:It's relatively easy to get a job in LA with a 3.1 GPA:

1) Work for a year.

2) Take the LSAT and get a 170+ (if you study for the year you work this is pretty doable).

3) Go to Northwestern. Despite being in Chicago, CA is the third most common destination for NU grads.

4) Bid aggressively in LA during OCI and mass mail the hell out of the rest of LA.

This is far, far easier than going to Loyola or some other LA TTT, and will leave you in a much better financial state since you're likely to get a well paying job out of NU and you'll have a year's worth of saving to defray some of the debt.

+1

Return to “What are my chances?”