Chances for Loyola LA and Pepperdine. PLZ HELP!!

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
whyy

Chances for Loyola LA and Pepperdine. PLZ HELP!!

Postby whyy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Hello,

I have a UCLA Lsac Gpa of 3.93, Combined with a Lsac Gpa from a cc I stand at a 3.8. I talk about my improvement in my addendum.

I have an lsat of 150 and 154, Work at a law office part time for a few years as well as California dept of Social Services. Two great LORs, and essay.

Refugee (non URM) and started my own online business.

Let me have it :)

Dmini7

Re: Chances for Loyola LA and Pepperdine. PLZ HELP!!

Postby Dmini7 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:38 pm

Wormfather wrote:Looking at the raw numbers I'd say you're in at Pepperdine and a 1/3 chance at Loyola. Though with that GPA, I'd consider investing some time and money into a course and retake as you should be getting a full ride at those schools or admission into a better school.

http://myLSN.info/e35535

This. Also I would recommend discussing being a refugee in a diversity statement, you may not get a URM boost, but that sounds like it could be a real good topic. If you must apply you do stand a chance, especially with a drop in applicants, but you will almost certainly be paying full tuition to either school. It may be wise to also apply to schools like Chapman and USD for safeties (you may get money from them and decide its a better choice financially).

MASSattack1

Postby MASSattack1 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:38 pm

whyy wrote:Hello,

I have a UCLA Lsac Gpa of 3.93, Combined with a Lsac Gpa from a cc I stand at a 3.8. I talk about my improvement in my addendum.

I have an lsat of 150 and 154, Work at a law office part time for a few years as well as California dept of Social Services. Two great LORs, and essay.

Great GPA but worrisome LSAT. TLS will of course tell you to retake, but maybe with a down cycle, a great GPA, and some decent softs, you have a shot...?

North

Postby North » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:56 am

whyy wrote:Hello,

SO IT'S CLEAR: You need to retake the LSAT. DO NOT waste that GPA on a 154 and Pepperdine.

Go here, prep for June, settle for nothing less than a 170, and then go to Stanford or Berkely with your 3.8 and relatively interesting soft.

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:24 pm

MASSattack1 wrote:Great GPA but worrisome LSAT. TLS will of course tell you to retake, but maybe with a down cycle, a great GPA, and some decent softs, you have a shot...?

Irrelevant. 3.93 + 154 =

whyy

Postby whyy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:12 pm

Thanks for all the help. I am retaking in February to better my chances and get some $$$ hopefully.

I should have also mentioned I took blueprint and spent a lot of time studying and reviewing to no avail.

Thanks!!

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:14 pm

whyy wrote:Thanks for all the help. I am retaking in February to better my chances and get some $$$ hopefully.

I should have also mentioned I took blueprint and spent a lot of time studying and reviewing to no avail.

Thanks!!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=200917

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:15 pm

You don't need to retake for a better chance at getting into one of these schools, you need to retake to get into a better school.

Return to “What are my chances?”