Fee Waiver Question

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
PRgradBYU

Fee Waiver Question

Postby PRgradBYU » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:57 pm

Last edited by PRgradBYU on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dmini7

Re: 3.6 / 165 - Fee Waiver Question

Postby Dmini7 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:01 pm

Very high. You are a URM, and an AA one at that. You scored within what is statistically the top 88 blacks on the LSAT. You should expect a very very good cycle with money form everywhere. You have a solid shot at Harvard.

blackandstrong

Postby blackandstrong » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:05 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:Hey there. I was curious as to what you guys think my chances would be at a T-14 school with a 3.6 LSAC GPA (not sure why they insist on snubbing me .02 points, though it probably doesn't matter) and a 165 LSAT score. Just a bit of background info about me that may or may not be relevant: I'm 24 years old, African American URM, LDS (i.e. Mormon), and am a Utah resident although I was born in N. Carolina and raised in Pennsylvania, where I was adopted. I attended two semesters at a local community college in lieu of my senior year of high school, transferred to a college in Idaho for three semesters (RANDOM haha) and then transferred to BYU in Utah. My undergrad degree was Communications with a PR emphasis and my GPA definitely shows an upward trend. My first few semesters of college were riddled with B's and even a few C's, but my BYU GPA was a 3.86. My extracurriculars are--in my eyes--pretty solid, too.

Anyway, do you think I'd have much of a chance at getting into a T-14 school? I've applied to a lot of them because I received application fee waivers to most of them. I know fee waivers are not indicative of admission chances at all (Northwestern's fee waiver email said that explicitly), but you've got to wonder... if schools like Columbia, NYU, Penn, Michican and Virginia are granting me an option to apply for free, does that perhaps mean they've invested at least SOME interest in me?

Sorry for my ramblings. I'm just curious.

You'll get into all over the T-14. Enjoy HYS.

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:20 pm

To be honest, I didn't expect those answers! My scores seem significantly lower than HYS's 25th percentile range... I actually did apply to Stanford since they sent me an informational packet, but I didn't bother sending applications to Yale or Harvard. Too bad it's so late in the application process now.

Dmini7, which source did you use for that statistic? I'd be curious to take a look at that. Anyway, thanks for the positive words, guys.

Nova

Postby Nova » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:41 pm

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:02 pm

Ah, great. Thanks!

Return to “What are my chances?”