Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
Icculus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby Icculus » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:11 am

noob4lyfe wrote:
Washington is a great state. I've visited it myself. Went on vacay to see the White House and Pentagon etc. Museums Galore. All in all. A wonderful place to spend a 3 year term.

.


Okay, I am now calling flame. No way this is serious. Please, please, please tell me this is not serious.

ze2151
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:51 pm

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby ze2151 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:16 am

assuming op isn't a flame- give it up. you will never get a good outcome. even if you get the gig you want, you'll never pay the debt back. let the dream die.

and don't come back saying this post is motivating you to prove the doubters wrong. you won't. do something else with your life. sell something. seriously. apply for a small business loan and roll the dice selling hamburgers. if you fail, so what, discharge the debt in bankruptcy. the u.s. has pretty favorable bk laws in that instance because in this country we want to encourage entrepreneurship. if you flame out in law school, and you will, you will never be able to get out from under the debt. you will become an even worse version of jdpainterguy. and i don't want that to happen to you. you deserve better.

User avatar
Meepo
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby Meepo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:59 am

ze2151 wrote:assuming op isn't a flame- give it up. you will never get a good outcome. even if you get the gig you want, you'll never pay the debt back. let the dream die.

and don't come back saying this post is motivating you to prove the doubters wrong. you won't. do something else with your life. sell something. seriously. apply for a small business loan and roll the dice selling hamburgers. if you fail, so what, discharge the debt in bankruptcy. the u.s. has pretty favorable bk laws in that instance because in this country we want to encourage entrepreneurship. if you flame out in law school, and you will, you will never be able to get out from under the debt. you will become an even worse version of jdpainterguy. and i don't want that to happen to you. you deserve better.


well, do share the story of jdpainterguy

User avatar
bizzybone1313
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby bizzybone1313 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:05 am

manofjustice wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:I don't understand why on almost every thread I have produced you guys immediately and loudly proclaimed I was a troll. But with this guy, you aren't doing the same. With his numbers, OP should be smart enough to know that trying to attend law school is a bad idea. My threads posed and discussed questions that a lot of people care about in selecting a school.


troll.


I appreciate it. That makes me feel better. You guys have hurt my feelings in the past, especially since I am not a troll. :lol:

User avatar
cahwc12
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby cahwc12 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:25 am

dingbat wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
dingbat wrote:Honestly, I think you could probably get a 140 just by going C, C, C, C, C, right down the line


If you're just going to troll topics instead of legitimately discuss them, then mods seriously need to consider banning you.

Your statement above has been said numerous times. It really needs to be stopped when there is a serious poster. Did you not learn anything from the other thread you bungled up? Seriously.

I am serious. going C straight down the line means getting about a 5th correct, let's say 17-23. Depending on the curve, this means about a 135-144 LSAT
I also don't troll the on-topics.


You typically post pretty good advice but this is highly offensive--especially something easily verifiable as looking at score conversion charts.

The upper bound for PTs 55-68 for getting 17-23 questions right was a score band between 123 and 128.

Just the idea that you believe you could score better than people in the 140s by christmas-treeing is pretty bold and way off-base.

User avatar
suralin
better than you
Posts: 15065
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:52 am

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby suralin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:50 am

noob4lyfe wrote:
Englander742 wrote:If you can make it to 166 or so, WUSTL would be in play. It's not a perfect school, but it sounds like you're a hard worker and a talented fundraiser, so with a good resume you could probably get a good job.


Washington is a great state. I've visited it myself. Went on vacay to see the White House and Pentagon etc. Museums Galore. All in all. A wonderful place to spend a 3 year term.


What the fuck this can't be serious.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby Nova » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:01 pm

OP, if you are real, you should either give up or retake in June and apply in August. Read these: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=200917
(noodley is my favorite)

Hang out here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=198695

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby cinephile » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:12 pm

Meepo wrote:
ze2151 wrote:assuming op isn't a flame- give it up. you will never get a good outcome. even if you get the gig you want, you'll never pay the debt back. let the dream die.

and don't come back saying this post is motivating you to prove the doubters wrong. you won't. do something else with your life. sell something. seriously. apply for a small business loan and roll the dice selling hamburgers. if you fail, so what, discharge the debt in bankruptcy. the u.s. has pretty favorable bk laws in that instance because in this country we want to encourage entrepreneurship. if you flame out in law school, and you will, you will never be able to get out from under the debt. you will become an even worse version of jdpainterguy. and i don't want that to happen to you. you deserve better.


well, do share the story of jdpainterguy


He's over 300k in debt, 48 years old, and paints houses for a living (which might be okay if he weren't getting too old to do that and didn't have so much debt). He also allowed his entire identity to be absorbed with being a law school debtor. Oh, and his wife left him and he lives with his parents.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby 20130312 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:16 pm

cahwc12 wrote:
dingbat wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
dingbat wrote:Honestly, I think you could probably get a 140 just by going C, C, C, C, C, right down the line


If you're just going to troll topics instead of legitimately discuss them, then mods seriously need to consider banning you.

Your statement above has been said numerous times. It really needs to be stopped when there is a serious poster. Did you not learn anything from the other thread you bungled up? Seriously.

I am serious. going C straight down the line means getting about a 5th correct, let's say 17-23. Depending on the curve, this means about a 135-144 LSAT
I also don't troll the on-topics.


You typically post pretty good advice but this is highly offensive--especially something easily verifiable as looking at score conversion charts.

The upper bound for PTs 55-68 for getting 17-23 questions right was a score band between 123 and 128.

Just the idea that you believe you could score better than people in the 140s by christmas-treeing is pretty bold and way off-base.

Tso much butthurt from this poaster.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby TripTrip » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:25 pm

cahwc12 wrote:The upper bound for PTs 55-68 for getting 17-23 questions right was a score band between 123 and 128.

I just did the math on the Dec 2012 test. Marking "C" for every question would have nabbed a 134.

noob4lyfe
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:31 am

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby noob4lyfe » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:46 pm

dingbat wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
dingbat wrote:WUSTL is in St Louis

That, and the White House and Pentagon aren't in Washington State. :lol:

I'm beginning to understand the 2.37/143
Still can't wrap my head around the tutoring part


reminds me of this


By the way, I'm Canadian.

Assumptions always lead to problems. I've learned at least that much by writing the LSAT.

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby justonemoregame » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:58 pm

cinephile wrote:
Meepo wrote:
ze2151 wrote:assuming op isn't a flame- give it up. you will never get a good outcome. even if you get the gig you want, you'll never pay the debt back. let the dream die.

and don't come back saying this post is motivating you to prove the doubters wrong. you won't. do something else with your life. sell something. seriously. apply for a small business loan and roll the dice selling hamburgers. if you fail, so what, discharge the debt in bankruptcy. the u.s. has pretty favorable bk laws in that instance because in this country we want to encourage entrepreneurship. if you flame out in law school, and you will, you will never be able to get out from under the debt. you will become an even worse version of jdpainterguy. and i don't want that to happen to you. you deserve better.


well, do share the story of jdpainterguy


He's over 300k in debt, 48 years old, and paints houses for a living (which might be okay if he weren't getting too old to do that and didn't have so much debt). He also allowed his entire identity to be absorbed with being a law school debtor. Oh, and his wife left him and he lives with his parents.


Damn, life's not so bad after all.

OP, you've got 6 months to learn Spanish and head down to the Carib. for law school. You could set up a hurricane disaster relief fund and have some honey on the beach help you translate your law books.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby TripTrip » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:00 pm

noob4lyfe wrote:Assumptions always lead to problems. I've learned at least that much by writing the LSAT.

:lol:

noob4lyfe
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:31 am

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby noob4lyfe » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:14 pm

Nova wrote:OP, if you are real, you should either give up or retake in June and apply in August. Read these: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=200917
(noodley is my favorite)

Hang out here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=198695


Appreciate the links. Going to be moving on.

I believe the general consensus is to retake the Lsat. In addition, work experience will boost my application.

These T14 schools that everyone is advocating isn't the only way to get a decent job. Law firm's are similar to tutoring company's. Reputation based. If you can satisfy your client's, you will receive business. I've had experience with that and would love to replicate those skills in practicing Law.

In terms of applying, which schools do you recommend(given my situation)?

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby Nova » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:22 pm

noob4lyfe wrote:In terms of applying, which schools do you recommend(given my situation)?

I recommend not applying.

You would be paying full tuition at a TTTT. No one should do that.

User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby JamesDean1955 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:25 pm

dingbat wrote:
Meepo wrote:hmmm can anyone provide some statistics on how strong is the correlation between lsat and later job prospect/salary?

Here's a correlation of LSAT to Law school: http://www.top-law-schools.com/rankings.html
Here are two different methodologies for correlating law school to job prospects:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Aik9aY0xMn8JdHZpRzRGNmpIVnFMMTJ0bXNRS0NBd3c&gid=11
http://www.lstscorereports.com/?r=other


What's the source and time period for the google docs spreadsheet you linked here? I've seen multiple good docs on employment outcomes that all seem to be different.

User avatar
Shmoopy
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby Shmoopy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:27 pm

noob4lyfe wrote:
Appreciate the links. Going to be moving on.

I believe the general consensus is to retake the Lsat. In addition, work experience will boost my application.

These T14 schools that everyone is advocating isn't the only way to get a decent job. Law firm's are similar to tutoring company's. Reputation based. If you can satisfy your client's, you will receive business. I've had experience with that and would love to replicate those skills in practicing Law.

In terms of applying, which schools do you recommend(given my situation)?


Until you retake and get a better LSAT score, the only school recommendation is no school at all. Seriously. No school that will accept you right now is even worth going to for free.

You will not satisfy any clients ever unless 1) you can get a job in the first place, which would be exceedingly difficult from any school that will accept people with your numbers, and 2) you learn how to use apostrophes. What client will want documents that have typos in every sentence?

NonTradHealthLaw
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby NonTradHealthLaw » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:37 pm

99% of a practicing attorney's day is that of a professional writer. OP's perpetual misuse of apostrophes makes me think the personal statement may also be an issue for admission.

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby justonemoregame » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:40 pm

NonTradHealthLaw wrote:99% of a practicing attorney's day is that of a professional writer. OP's perpetual misuse of apostrophes makes me think the personal statement may also be an issue for admission.


Yeah that personal statement is a real concern atm lol.

Dude, Appalachian School of Law might take you this round. You can do Hick Law. They give zero fucks about apostrophe's.

noob4lyfe
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:31 am

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby noob4lyfe » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:12 pm

Shmoopy wrote:
noob4lyfe wrote:
Appreciate the links. Going to be moving on.

I believe the general consensus is to retake the Lsat. In addition, work experience will boost my application.

These T14 schools that everyone is advocating isn't the only way to get a decent job. Law firm's are similar to tutoring company's. Reputation based. If you can satisfy your client's, you will receive business. I've had experience with that and would love to replicate those skills in practicing Law.

In terms of applying, which schools do you recommend(given my situation)?


Until you retake and get a better LSAT score, the only school recommendation is no school at all. Seriously. No school that will accept you right now is even worth going to for free.

You will not satisfy any clients ever unless 1) you can get a job in the first place, which would be exceedingly difficult from any school that will accept people with your numbers, and 2) you learn how to use apostrophes. What client will want documents that have typos in every sentence?


From what I've read, each school weighs GPA/LSAT differently.

With a score of 170 (for example), which schools would be within an acceptable range?

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby Nova » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:14 pm

noob4lyfe wrote:With a score of 170 (for example), which schools would be within an acceptable range?

NU, GULC, T30s, Regionals with scholarships.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby 20130312 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:15 pm

Nova wrote:
noob4lyfe wrote:With a score of 170 (for example), which schools would be within an acceptable range?

NU, GULC, T30s, Regionals with scholarships.

With a 2.37 GPA?

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby Nova » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
Nova wrote:
noob4lyfe wrote:With a score of 170 (for example), which schools would be within an acceptable range?

NU, GULC, T30s, Regionals with scholarships.

With a 2.37 GPA?


T30s like UMN/WUSTL/W&L Indiana are realistic. UMN and WUSTL dont give a fuck.

Theres very little data for that split on LSN, but I would throw an app to NU/GULC, even though admission would be unlikely. Youre right though, IGF. NU/GULC are not really "in range". More like Hail Marys.
Last edited by Nova on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Shmoopy
Posts: 225
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby Shmoopy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:26 pm

noob4lyfe wrote:From what I've read, each school weighs GPA/LSAT differently.


What do you mean by differently? LSAT and GPA are the two most important factors at every school, by a pretty large margin. Don't believe whatever the schools themselves say about the admissions process on their websites. They are being intentionally vague.

User avatar
Rahviveh
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby Rahviveh » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:27 pm

Shmoopy wrote:
noob4lyfe wrote:From what I've read, each school weighs GPA/LSAT differently.


What do you mean by differently? LSAT and GPA are the two most important factors at every school, by a pretty large margin. Don't believe whatever the schools themselves say about the admissions process on their websites. They are being intentionally vague.


Some schools prefer high GPAs and some prefer higher LSATs. A splitter has less of a chance at Berkeley or Duke than he does at NW or GULC for this reason.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest