Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Captain Hammer

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Postby Captain Hammer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:30 pm

noob4lyfe wrote:By the way, I'm Canadian.

You know, at first I was like, "this changes everything, foreign study doesn't get calculated into LSAC GPA," but I went and looked it up, and they do factor in grades from U.S. and Canadian schools, so nevermind.

Shmoopy

Postby Shmoopy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:35 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:
Shmoopy wrote:
What do you mean by differently? LSAT and GPA are the two most important factors at every school, by a pretty large margin. Don't believe whatever the schools themselves say about the admissions process on their websites. They are being intentionally vague.

Some schools prefer high GPAs and some prefer higher LSATs. A splitter has less of a chance at Berkeley or Duke than he does at NW or GULC for this reason.

I'm asking the OP because I have a sneaking suspicion that the OP is using "differently" to mean something along the lines of "there are good schools that will let me in with my terrible numbers because ____."

There's no changing OP's GPA, which is why schools like NW and GULC have been recommended as best-case possibilities IF OP can break 170 on the LSAT.

Shmoopy

Postby Shmoopy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:40 pm

noob4lyfe wrote:By the way, I'm Canadian.

Assumptions always lead to problems. I've learned at least that much by writing the LSAT.

Makes no difference. You want to be a legal professional in America. You need to know that the capitol is not actually in a state on the opposite side of the country.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:39 pm

JamesDean1955 wrote:
dingbat wrote:
Meepo wrote:hmmm can anyone provide some statistics on how strong is the correlation between lsat and later job prospect/salary?

Here's a correlation of LSAT to Law school: http://www.top-law-schools.com/rankings.html
Here are two different methodologies for correlating law school to job prospects:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Aik9aY0xMn8JdHZpRzRGNmpIVnFMMTJ0bXNRS0NBd3c&gid=11
http://www.lstscorereports.com/?r=other

What's the source and time period for the google docs spreadsheet you linked here? I've seen multiple good docs on employment outcomes that all seem to be different.

http://placementsummary.abaquestionnaire.org/home.aspx
The data is from last year. Special thanks to DRMGUY for creating it

Borg

Postby Borg » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:51 pm

uvabro wrote:
cinephile wrote:
uvabro wrote:In all seriousness even with a 170 you are in bad shape with the gpa. It's too low. You should pursue an MSW or another field where you can hit your goal to help the community. Law won't give you an opportunity unless your parents are filthy rich. A 135 to 170 is impossible. You'd need to meet with a tutor daily for a year and totally change how you think. It is a 20k investment.

A social work program won't accept someone with a sub 3.0 GPA either.

OP is as far from a 3.0 as i was from a 4.0 and my gpa was said to be too low for lol school.

I also never studied. Ever. I did nothing and got that gpa. I had a high diag and then decided to stop being a loser. OP seems to have really tried. He can maybe acquire other skills. He seems nice but I'd eat him for breakfast, shit him out then reeat him, and I'm not even a gunner. He'd get destroyed.

You eat pieces of shit for breakfast? (Or maybe brunch I guess if you have to wait to shit and then eat it again).

That's two thus far, Shooter.

md22

Postby md22 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:26 pm

Last edited by md22 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

md22

Postby md22 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:30 pm

noob4lyfe wrote:
dingbat wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
dingbat wrote:WUSTL is in St Louis

That, and the White House and Pentagon aren't in Washington State. :lol:

I'm beginning to understand the 2.37/143
Still can't wrap my head around the tutoring part

reminds me of this

By the way, I'm Canadian.

Assumptions always lead to problems. I've learned at least that much by writing the LSAT.

Um, if you want to work in the US as an attorney I'd learn the difference between St. Louis, Washington state, and D.C.

Return to “What are my chances?”