Help me plan applications

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Hopefullyfuturelaw

Help me plan applications

Postby Hopefullyfuturelaw » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:53 pm

I know everyone will say lsn or past posts (I've done both), but I'm still confused and looking for some of the tls wisdom. I didn't expect to be in this position so any help would be much appreciated

So I've taken the lsat all three times getting a 159 and a low 16x. I applied to some schools as a reverse splitter (gpa is 3.98 after last term, but I've only submitted lsac last term with. 95)retook the December lsat expecting to solidify my chances at non t14 schools and ended up getting a 169. I realize this is near the 25th of most t14, but after looking at lsn cycles this year, I saw people with similar numbers getting in such as nyu, Berkeley, and to an extent penn.

I am not urm, little to medium softs, and graduating from top 100. Should I do ed2 to Penn or try to see if this cycle is gonna benefit lower lsat scores? I have some help with finances now and big law is my goal. I've sent apps to Colombia down to Duke. And I have no problems with location. Also I know most schools don't average lsat, but I can't get over this feeling that it might be held against me which is why I'm considering ed to Penn.

nebula666

Re: Help me plan applications

Postby nebula666 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:00 pm

Waitlisted at CLS. Toss up at Chicago for WL / Acceptance. Easily in at NYU, Berkeley, WL/Accepted at Penn w/ $$$. In with $ at everywhere else in the T14 unless UVA waitlists you. Very little to no chance at YSH unless it's off the WL.

Enjoy one of CCN or another T14 with a lot of $.

Teflon_Don

Postby Teflon_Don » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:07 pm

nebula666 wrote:Waitlisted at CLS. Toss up at Chicago for WL / Acceptance. Easily in at NYU, Berkeley, WL/Accepted at Penn w/ $$$. In with $ at everywhere else in the T14 unless UVA waitlists you. Very little to no chance at YSH unless it's off the WL.

This. Good luck

Rahviveh

Postby Rahviveh » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:10 pm

nebula666 wrote:Waitlisted at CLS. Toss up at Chicago for WL / Acceptance. Easily in at NYU, Berkeley, WL/Accepted at Penn w/ $$$. In with $ at everywhere else in the T14 unless UVA waitlists you. Very little to no chance at YSH unless it's off the WL.

Lol no. This is way too optimistic. Easily in at NYU?

Here's a similar cycle from last year OP

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/luxxe

I agree you'll have reasonable success in the lower T14... And someone will give you a 50-60k scholly. But i would bet you're hitting the wait lists at CCN and P.

Also don't ED Penn unless you have a real reason for needing to be in Philly

Hopefullyfuturelaw

Postby Hopefullyfuturelaw » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:28 pm

I agree with you about the very optimistic outcome, especially with no significant softs and previous lsats. The reason I posted though was what looks to be different accepted applicants from previous years. Looking at lsn shows Penn accepting 169 and nyu the same when last year most save a couple were getting wait listed. I also feel I might have hurt my chances by applying later.

Thanks for your inputs though. It really is appreciated. Tls has helped me a lot and I could use some more input from others but I guess I won't be eding

nebula666

Postby nebula666 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:38 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:

Lol no. This is way too optimistic. Easily in at NYU?

Here's a similar cycle from last year OP

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/luxxe

I agree you'll have reasonable success in the lower T14... And someone will give you a 50-60k scholly. But i would bet you're hitting the wait lists at CCN and P.

Also don't ED Penn unless you have a real reason for needing to be in Philly

If you look at just last cycle, 9 acceptances 0 denials at NYU with OP's numbers. 29 acceptances to 0 denials in the last 5 years with a few WL's. He has a minuscule chance of being flat out denied from NYU but could possibly be waitlisted.

Return to “What are my chances?”