3.0/160

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
robbing_banks

3.0/160

Postby robbing_banks » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:29 am

I am finishing applications with several schools in the top 100 - 50, and a couple slightly above. I had a nice upward trend the past year and a half, and also summer sessions, until this fall semester, where I really dropped the ball and brought my GPA down .08. My LSAT score was my first try, and I am considering retaking in February. I am also URM (black), with exceptional softs, an internship (wrote a glowing LOR for me- so they say haha), but however also had one disciplinary issue I included an addendum for. What do you guys think? I'm kind of all across the board here, but am really serious about wanting to pursue law school.

Schools I applied to-

Depaul
Loyola (Chicago)
Kent
Fordham
UIUC (finishing undergrad here)

Should I be optimistic?

nebula666

Re: 3.0/160

Postby nebula666 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:57 am

You should definitely retake but you'll easily get Kent ($), DePaul ($) and Loyola ($). 50/50 chance at Fordham of in or out/WL. You should aim higher, though.

Where are you a resident? Where do you want to work?

I'd send apps to:

Georgetown
Cornell (probably waitlisted)
WUSTL
Northwestern
Wisconsin
Minnesota

eric922

Postby eric922 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:44 pm

nebula666 wrote:You should definitely retake but you'll easily get Kent ($), DePaul ($) and Loyola ($). 50/50 chance at Fordham of in or out/WL. You should aim higher, though.

I'd send apps to:

Georgetown
WUSTL
Northwestern
Wisconsin
Minnesota

Wouldn't Cornell and Georgetown be a waste of money for him without a retake? I would think he'd need around a 170 for any of the T14, but maybe I'm wrong.

Postby 052220151 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:48 pm

eric922 wrote:
nebula666 wrote:You should definitely retake but you'll easily get Kent ($), DePaul ($) and Loyola ($). 50/50 chance at Fordham of in or out/WL. You should aim higher, though.

I'd send apps to:

Georgetown
WUSTL
Northwestern
Wisconsin
Minnesota

Wouldn't Cornell and Georgetown be a waste of money for him without a retake? I would think he'd need around a 170 for any of the T14, but maybe I'm wrong.

He's urm, he could sneak in sub 170

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:01 pm

I'd retake. But you should pay closer attention to schools ranked 15-30. That's where you'll end up being as urm I think. At worst at a Top 50 school.

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:19 pm

robbing_banks wrote:
DepaulDONT GO HERE
Loyola (Chicago)DONT GO HERE
Kent DONT GO HERE
Fordham PROBABLY OUT
UIUC (finishing undergrad here)PROBABLY IN

Should I be optimistic?

ASU/WUSTL/Alabama/Ohio State/Colorado/Florida/SMU/Houston are all decent schools you have a pretty good shot at.

If you would be comfortable practicing law in these regions ASK for fee waivers. Tell them your an AA with a 160. Theyll probably hook you up.

You should retake in June. You could be looking at big money from T1s and T14 possibilities with a few more points.

robbing_banks

Postby robbing_banks » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:55 pm

Nova wrote:
robbing_banks wrote:
DepaulDONT GO HERE
Loyola (Chicago)DONT GO HERE
Kent DONT GO HERE
Fordham PROBABLY OUT
UIUC (finishing undergrad here)PROBABLY IN

Should I be optimistic?

ASU/WUSTL/Alabama/Ohio State/Colorado/Florida/SMU/Houston are all decent schools you have a pretty good shot at.

If you would be comfortable practicing law in these regions ASK for fee waivers. Tell them your an AA with a 160. Theyll probably hook you up.

You should retake in June. You could be looking at big money from T1s and T14 possibilities with a few more points.

Are those Chicago schools really that bad? And yeah, I'm definitely going to retake. It seems like my best option.

robbing_banks

Postby robbing_banks » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:58 pm

By the way, I'm sorry for my late reply guys. I'm really bad at remembering anything on the internet that isn't homework related, you should see my facebook haha. Thanks for your replies!

For the record, I'm an Illinois resident, and I'd like to stay in Chicago, but I'm open to other possibilities.

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:56 pm

robbing_banks wrote:Are those Chicago schools really that bad? And yeah, I'm definitely going to retake. It seems like my best option.

Yes. They are bad. Less than half of graduates from those 3 schools get full time long term legal jobs. Check out this link http://www.lstscorereports.com/?r=il and order it by employment score. Click the schools for more detail.

Chi is really saturated and super tough to crack. Not even UIUC is a safe bet.

Good luck on the retake!!

Return to “What are my chances?”