Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Postby md22 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:03 pm

164 LSAT from December
3.82 LSDAS GPA/3.9 undergrad GPA from Cal
First-generation college student
CA resident

I'm mostly aiming for schools ranked in the teens and T30. So far I've applied to:

UC Davis
University of Washington

Do these schools seem reasonable? Obviously Berkeley is a super-reach, but I wanted to give it a shot anyways after I received a few fee waivers from other schools.

Do I have an outside chance at UCLA/USC? Are there any other schools I might have a chance at I should consider?

Thanks all :)

Re: 164 LSAT/3.82 LSDAS GPA

Postby boblawlob » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:42 pm

Barely similar numbers here.

Berkeley def is a reach, but you're Cal alum so maybe that could give you edge? Plus your GPA is golden for them as well.

Realistically you have serious shots at UCD, Hastings, UW, BC, Minnesota and what have you.

I'd suggest you apply to Notre Dame, GULC, and Cornell because this cycle could get interesting.

But I would urge you, most importantly, to retake the test especially if you've only taken it once or twice. That 3.82 could open a lot of doors for you if you wait another year.

But if not, you should be expecting UCD, Hastings, UW, or Minnesota for attendance come Fall 2013.

Mick Haller

Re: 164 LSAT/3.82 LSDAS GPA

Postby Mick Haller » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:59 pm

Retake and go to at least USC or Ucla if you plan to stay in Ca for your career.

Hastings and Davis won't give you shit for $$ and give you 10% chance at big law, maybe 25% chance at decent job. Those odds don't justify the price.

Something like ND or Wustl might be worth doing if under 100k debt. Otherwise retake.

Return to “What are my chances?”