164/3.0 cum :( 3.7 degree...advice?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
hcyara09

164/3.0 cum :( 3.7 degree...advice?

Postby hcyara09 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:07 pm

Hello! I couldn't find anyone with stats similar to mine, so I thought I would appeal to the wisdom of the masses.
I was on academic probation after my freshman year because I was 17 and an idiot, I got my crap together, got my gpa up to a 3.0, transferred, and have maintained over a 3.6 ever since.
Not super proud of the 164 LSAT score.
I think I have strong softs - but then again so does everyone. My personal statement was about going to Nationals in figure skating after overcoming a rare genetic disorder, and a summer I spent in Juarez, Mexico...you know, before it was overrun by drug cartels. :P
Non-URM, female
I applied to UCLA, Tulane, and George Washington because they waived the application fee, but I'm not even hopeful enough to call those reaches.
Reaches - Colorado, Illinois, and Emory
Matches - Ohio State, University of Arizona, and Loyola Chicago
Safety - Denver and Capital
My question to you: should I apply to more safeties? And, obviously, what might my chances be at the schools I applied to?
Before I get a bunch of "don't bother applying" responses, I'm looking to go into immigration law and help people, not make a ton of money. I know and accept that I will not be rich. :)
Last edited by hcyara09 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sadday

Re: 164/3.0 cum :( 3.7 degree...advice?

Postby sadday » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:12 pm

[quote="hcyara09"Before I get a bunch of "don't bother applying" responses, I'm looking to go into immigration law and help people, not make a ton of money. I know and accept that I will not be rich. :)[/quote]

Are you taking out loans for school? If you are, there is a big difference between "not being rich" and owing 200 grand while making 50k (if you even get a 50k job, which you might not)

hcyara09

Postby hcyara09 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:22 pm

No, I won't have to take out loans. Thanks for the response!

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:56 pm

Retake. See if you can get at least 5 pt bump. The 3.0 cum is really hurting you and preventing you from getting T50 schools.

Return to “What are my chances?”