3.08, 166/166/175 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
uc2011

New

3.08, 166/166/175

Post by uc2011 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:40 pm

Can’t believe I finally get to make this post. First of all huge shout out to the TLS community as a whole, this website not only stopped me from applying to school with a 166 (twice) but was also an incredible source of info while I was studying for my retake.

So, currently my numbers are 3.08 (3.18), 166/166/175. 2 yrs solid work experience but no real amazing softs.

I know that “retake, ED UVA” is a bit of a running joke around here but in my case it was pretty much my plan from the start. However, now that I exceeded my expectations a bit on my last LSAT, combined with the substantial drop in LSAT takers (and more specifically 170+ scores) I am having a few second thoughts. I am tempted to just blanket the T14 and hope for a reach acceptance or even a small scholarship at GULC/Cornell.

All that said I am well aware that without an ED I am far from a lock at any T14, especially this late in the cycle. I’ve already sat out a year and I am pretty set on going to school this fall. Therefore, the idea of giving up what I understand to be a pretty sure thing [ED UVA] for a small chance at a slightly improved situation doesn’t really seem worth it.

Not real set on long term goals at this point. Checking into JAG a bit right now but definitely will be looking into IP /Big Law.

I know this subject has been beaten to death but I would really appreciate any thoughts you guys have.

TL;DR: 3.08/175. 2 yrs work experience. Applying late (next couple days) this cycle.
Blanket the T14 RD or ED UVA and call it a day?

Doorkeeper

Gold

Re: 3.08, 166/166/175

Post by Doorkeeper » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:40 pm

If you want to guarantee getting into the best law school in the T14, I would ED to UVA.

Chances are high that you get waitlisted (or rejected) at NYU, Penn and Michigan. This also means that if you get off the WL you probably will be given zero to small scholarship money. You'll be rejected from Berkeley and Duke because of the GPA. Good chance at Northwestern and Georgetown, but small shot at scholarship.

suralin

Diamond

Post by suralin » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:02 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:If you want to guarantee getting into the best law school in the T14, I would ED to UVA.

Chances are high that you get waitlisted (or rejected) at NYU, Penn and Michigan. This also means that if you get off the WL you probably will be given zero to small scholarship money. You'll be rejected from Berkeley and Duke because of the GPA. Good chance at Northwestern and Georgetown, but small shot at scholarship.
Agreed. If you're set on going to school this fall, the risk you'd take on by not ED-ing seems too high.

uc2011

New

Post by uc2011 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:53 pm

Yeah that is pretty much the conclusion that I came to as well. I actually prefer UVA to any of the schools above it that I have any real shot at so I think I'm just gonna go for it. Thanks for the responses.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”