edit

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
CyanIdes Of March

edit

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:19 am

edit
Last edited by CyanIdes Of March on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ti Malice

Re: 3.8/173, thoughts on retake?

Postby Ti Malice » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:46 am

CyanIdes Of March wrote:If you were me, would you retake?

I would retake. Then again, I planned to retake anything under a 177.

Do you think you have a decent chance of scoring higher with more prep? What were your PT averages? Regardless of your answers to those questions, I think it's worth a shot. A couple of points would make a signficant difference for YHS (especially H), and it would definitely boost your chances of big money at Columbia.

CyanIdes Of March

edit

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:50 am

edit
Last edited by CyanIdes Of March on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hallbd16

Postby hallbd16 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:41 am

CyanIdes Of March wrote:
Ti Malice wrote:
CyanIdes Of March wrote:If you were me, would you retake?

I would retake. Then again, I planned to retake anything under a 177.

Do you think you have a decent chance of scoring higher with more prep? What were your PT averages? Regardless of your answers to those questions, I think it's worth a shot. A couple of points would make a signficant difference for YHS (especially H), and it would definitely boost your chances of big money at Columbia.

I think I have a decent shot scoring around a 177. For a while I was scoring consistently above 176 (5 test) and then the last 3 I took before the real deal (within a weeks time) I plummeted down to the low 170s high 160s. I think burn out was taking its toll on me at the end. What I'm afraid of is whether a retake with a lower score or a cancel is going to hurt me at Columbia and the prospect of retaking makes me a little sick to my stomach still lol.

EDIT: Sigh, I know I'm going to wind up retaking, I just really, really didn't want to have to. But, I want in at Harvard so much and I don't think my 173 is going to get me in.

Cy-
You got this. You were rocking the tests, just hit a lull at the wrong time. I say apply this cycle. Then forget about all things law school. Then com march when the birds are chirping, life is coming back to the world, you can cheer up and attack with vigor.

CyanIdes Of March

edit

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:02 am

edit
Last edited by CyanIdes Of March on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:08 am

CyanIdes Of March wrote:Not applying until next Fall.

Retake for $$$.

3.8 will make HYS difficult to get regardless of your GPA but a 175+ will give you an outside chance at H.

$$$ from some of the other schools should increase with an increase which should be your main motivator to retake.

You're at the point where you know everything about the test. Chill for a bit. About 5 weeks out, slowly get back into the groove of it all and then put the pedal to the floor as the test comes closer.

Keep it short but efficient. You know the test already and you will avoid burning out this way.

CyanIdes Of March wrote:
I'm just wondering if I get, say, a 170 or a cancel on the re-take, how much would it hurt my app to Columbia.

You are 100% in at CLS. I doubt it would hurt your $$$ offers.

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:47 am

sinfiery wrote:3.8 will make HYS difficult to get regardless of your GPA but a 175+ will give you an outside chance at H.

In the current environment, a 175 makes H considerably more likely than not.

Return to “What are my chances?”