3.46 from Tufts but 149 lsat

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
nebula666
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Re: 3.46 from Tufts but 149 lsat

Postby nebula666 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:20 pm

ED Princeton

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18422
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 3.46 from Tufts but 149 lsat

Postby bk1 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:58 pm

This is a general reminder:

Do not troll the on topic threads. This doubly applies to loungers who do not otherwise make meaningful contributions to on topic threads. Punishment will be swifter and harsher for loungers who cannot understand how to keep lounge behavior in the lounge. Failure to heed this warning will result in bans.

User avatar
ehall20
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:48 am

Re: 3.46 from Tufts but 149 lsat

Postby ehall20 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:37 pm

.
Last edited by ehall20 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: 3.46 from Tufts but 149 lsat

Postby dingbat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:45 pm

ehall20 wrote:Cornell's also a solid choice for NY.

I could say I was only listing NYC schools but honestly I just forgot about Cornell

In that same note, Rutgers* would be somewhere below Cardozo and Brooklyn but above NYLS and Touro. Probably in par with St. Johns and Hofstra in terms of desirability for NY placement. (instate helps, but still too expensive)

*i didn't specify RU-N or RU-C, but I doubt many people know there's a difference

uvabro
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:44 pm

Re: 3.46 from Tufts but 149 lsat

Postby uvabro » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:00 pm

Id put rutgers higher because law review may have nyc plus there's NJ mid law. With residency, Rutgers isn't terrible. But OP isn't getting in anywhere. I trolled because expecting anything but working at McDonalds is not a realistic expectation for anybody with a 149. Even if he retakes he clearly isn't good at law. The LsAT isn't a 1:1 correlation but I personally found understanding formal logic to be really key in applying black letter law. If you can't get the formal logic of a selection game theres no way you'll apply BLL better than 90 percent of your class. It just won't happen.

dkb17xzx
Posts: 405
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:25 pm

Re: 3.46 from Tufts but 149 lsat

Postby dkb17xzx » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:06 pm

- "tufts" means nothing - you might as well be from East Appalachian state college (not sure if that exists)

- your LSAT is very, very low. a 149 puts you at the 40th percentile. no offense, but even without prep, this is horrible for someone from tufts. refer to dingbat's detailed breakdown - the only schools that will admit you are the ones not worth going to.

- your GPA is also on the lower end of the spectrum. however, nothing you can do about it now.


I would strongly suggest putting in the time, effort, and money into LSAT prep. You have the potential to raise your score dramatically.

best of luck

User avatar
BullShitWithBravado
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: 3.46 from Tufts but 149 lsat

Postby BullShitWithBravado » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:09 pm

dkb17xzx wrote:- "tufts" means nothing - you might as well be from East Appalachian state college (not sure if that exists)

- your LSAT is very, very low. a 149 puts you at the 40th percentile. no offense, but even without prep, this is horrible for someone from tufts. refer to dingbat's detailed breakdown - the only schools that will admit you are the ones not worth going to.

- your GPA is also on the lower end of the spectrum. however, nothing you can do about it now.


I would strongly suggest putting in the time, effort, and money into LSAT prep. You have the potential to raise your score dramatically.

best of luck

uvabro
Posts: 405
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:44 pm

Re: 3.46 from Tufts but 149 lsat

Postby uvabro » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:15 pm

But even so what are OP's reasons for being a lawyer? There are people who go to horrible law schools who do well. Think Ben Bronfman, Jose Baez, etc. These people start their own firms. They really are just looking to acquire the degree itself, and have plans in place to turn a profit. They're basically small business owners who just run a legal business.

Most of these people fail. These two seem to have some similar traits - professionalism, tenacity, actual skill at law. The latter isn't predictable but other traits are. From OP's questions about where to go it seems like he's looking for a school that will set him up with a job for someone else. That just won't happen. The Knicks have a better shot of winning the title.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: 3.46 from Tufts but 149 lsat

Postby dingbat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:23 pm

uvabro wrote:But even so what are OP's reasons for being a lawyer? There are people who go to horrible law schools who do well. Think Ben Bronfman, Jose Baez, etc. These people start their own firms. They really are just looking to acquire the degree itself, and have plans in place to turn a profit. They're basically small business owners who just run a legal business.

Most of these people fail. These two seem to have some similar traits - professionalism, tenacity, actual skill at law. The latter isn't predictable but other traits are. From OP's questions about where to go it seems like he's looking for a school that will set him up with a job for someone else. That just won't happen. The Knicks have a better shot of winning the title.

ok, while this is probably in earnest, opening this can of worms is not something that should be happening in this thread

indo
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:02 am

Re: 3.46 from Tufts but 149 lsat

Postby indo » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:38 pm

uvabro wrote:don't listen to these haters. the 149 won't matter when they see tufts on your transcript. the lsat is just about showing a good faith effort and a 149 is almost better than 50% of the population, and america is a super smart country. you'll make an excellent lawyer, and should go right away.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: 3.46 from Tufts but 149 lsat

Postby dingbat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:50 pm

bk1 wrote:This is a general reminder:

Do not troll the on topic threads. This doubly applies to loungers who do not otherwise make meaningful contributions to on topic threads. Punishment will be swifter and harsher for loungers who cannot understand how to keep lounge behavior in the lounge. Failure to heed this warning will result in bans.
indo wrote:
uvabro wrote:don't listen to these haters. the 149 won't matter when they see tufts on your transcript. the lsat is just about showing a good faith effort and a 149 is almost better than 50% of the population, and america is a super smart country. you'll make an excellent lawyer, and should go right away.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11785
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: 3.46 from Tufts but 149 lsat

Postby ilovesf » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:56 pm

Making the same lame joke after 20 other people did isn't funny or cool. OP, like others said, you should study your butt off and retake next year. What did you do to prepare this time? TLS has a really helpful LSAT study group that you might be able to benefit from.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: 3.46 from Tufts but 149 lsat

Postby vanwinkle » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:27 pm

indo wrote:
uvabro wrote:don't listen to these haters. the 149 won't matter when they see tufts on your transcript. the lsat is just about showing a good faith effort and a 149 is almost better than 50% of the population, and america is a super smart country. you'll make an excellent lawyer, and should go right away.

Since this blatantly disobeys the blunt mod warning posted above, you get an extra-special timeout.

The hammer falls harder each time. When one of us says don't troll, that means don't troll.

This thread is also not the place to discuss mod action, so just don't. Take it to the mod Q&A thread in the lounge.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest