3.8x/176 at Ivy

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
carboncopyx

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

3.8x/176 at Ivy

Postby carboncopyx » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:50 pm

Got my score back today--176! It was my second take, with the first one being a cancel. I'm an Economics major at a top five university with several summer internships in finance/consulting. No full-time WE, though. I wrote my PS about receiving my full-time offer in that field and ultimately deciding to pursue the law instead. Other than that, not many softs to speak of. I'm applying to top 6 (HYSCCN) but am slightly concerned that I will be applying relatively late in the cycle (later this week, most likely). My first-choice is H or S.

Thoughts?

User avatar
soj

Platinum
Posts: 7890
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: 3.8x/176 at Ivy

Postby soj » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:52 pm

50/50 you'll sweep HYS. 100% in at H.

User avatar
sinfiery

Gold
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: 3.8x/176 at Ivy

Postby sinfiery » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Hello numbers twin with much better softs and prestige!

What soj said.

User avatar
jkpolk

Silver
Posts: 1179
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:44 am

Re: 3.8x/176 at Ivy

Postby jkpolk » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:00 pm

carboncopyx wrote:Got my score back today--176! It was my second take, with the first one being a cancel. I'm an Economics major at a top five university with several summer internships in finance/consulting. No full-time WE, though. I wrote my PS about receiving my full-time offer in that field and ultimately deciding to pursue the law instead. Other than that, not many softs to speak of. I'm applying to top 6 (HYSCCN) but am slightly concerned that I will be applying relatively late in the cycle (later this week, most likely). My first-choice is H or S.

Thoughts?


you sound cute, i wish you success :)

User avatar
gguuueessttt

Bronze
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: 3.8x/176 at Ivy

Postby gguuueessttt » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:08 pm

polkij333 wrote:
you sound cute, i wish you success :)



she is cute and now she has all the power!

congrats carbon. you're definitely in at HLS.

User avatar
Doorkeeper

Gold
Posts: 4869
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: 3.8x/176 at Ivy

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:13 pm

Near lock at HCCN.

Good shot at S. Chance at Y.

User avatar
soj

Platinum
Posts: 7890
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: 3.8x/176 at Ivy

Postby soj » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:14 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:Near lock at HCCN.

Good shot at S. Chance at Y.

Not a lock at Chicago (depends on GPA), but otherwise I agree.

rad lulz

Platinum
Posts: 9816
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: 3.8x/176 at Ivy

Postby rad lulz » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:49 am

I can't tell whether you're humblebragging or socially underdeveloped/have the asparagus

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=170051

User avatar
carboncopyx

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:30 am

Re: 3.8x/176 at Ivy

Postby carboncopyx » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:57 pm

rad lulz wrote:I can't tell whether you're humblebragging or socially underdeveloped/have the asparagus

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=170051

Haha, none of the above. My pre-law advisor at school told me to expect rejections across the board for applying so late with a December score, which was my main concern. It was more a query about the timing of my application than uncertainty about my numbers. I wouldn't be posting this if it were 9/01/12, that's for sure...

bbsg

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:07 am

Re: 3.8x/176 at Ivy

Postby bbsg » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:04 pm

We're almost numbers twins and I'm also concerned about the late app. But here's hoping, right? :)

User avatar
TripTrip

Gold
Posts: 2763
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: 3.8x/176 at Ivy

Postby TripTrip » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:40 pm

carboncopyx wrote:My pre-law advisor at school told me to expect rejections across the board for applying so late with a December score

Your pre-law advisor is a troll. I don't think Stanford has even accepted anyone yet.

04102014

Gold
Posts: 1695
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: 3.8x/176 at Ivy

Postby 04102014 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:44 pm

carboncopyx wrote:Got my score back today--176! It was my second take, with the first one being a cancel. I'm an Economics major at a top five university with several summer internships in finance/consulting. No full-time WE, though. I wrote my PS about receiving my full-time offer in that field and ultimately deciding to pursue the law instead. Other than that, not many softs to speak of. I'm applying to top 6 (HYSCCN) but am slightly concerned that I will be applying relatively late in the cycle (later this week, most likely). My first-choice is H or S.

Thoughts?


Congrats :-)

User avatar
Rahviveh

Gold
Posts: 2332
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Re: 3.8x/176 at Ivy

Postby Rahviveh » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:47 pm

I think there is generally way too much concern over applying "late" with a December score.



Return to “What are my chances??

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests