Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Woghks1988

Postby Woghks1988 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:57 pm

Deleted, thanks!
Last edited by Woghks1988 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

banjo

Re: 3.8/176 (Re-Take)

Postby banjo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:01 pm

I'd say 70% chance at H. You'll almost definitely get a JS1.

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:03 pm

You've got a great shot at Harvard. Probably an auto-admit if applications continue to decrease.

You should get a Butler at Columbia, but it's not definite.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:08 pm

Glad you aren't applying this cycle

We have similar numbers but I have a worse UG and worse softs if you are curious how you would do

questcertainty

Postby questcertainty » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:10 pm

Like the posters above said, I would imagine you’re very plausible. I was admitted with a 176 (retaken)/3.76, so the numbers alone are no bar to you. The only thing I can say is that your application needs to have a natural thread running through it, beginning with whatever you did in college (and perhaps before) and ending with your choice to apply to Harvard Law. If you can articulate that clearly and persuasively I think you stand an excellent chance. (I can speak a little more to this if you want in PM – not that I’m terribly wise about it, but I can at least relate some of things I learned about the whole experience.)

domino

Postby domino » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:11 pm

we are numbers twins, so I have looked into the chances a bit and think they're pretty great this cycle/will be next given similar app numbers or lower--if you go on lsn and just look at the two cycles before this one the rate of admittance at harvard is very high for our range, like over 80%. i was admitted in dec

but you were drafted into a foreign army? are you a us citizen?

ETA feel free to pm i love running my mouth and giving advice. good luck!!

ETA believe in the power of love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkAVfsw5xSQ. vodka on wednesdayyyyy
Last edited by domino on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:16 pm

questcertainty wrote:Like the posters above said, I would imagine you’re very plausible. I was admitted with a 176 (retaken)/3.76, so the numbers alone are no bar to you. The only thing I can say is that your application needs to have a natural thread running through it, beginning with whatever you did in college (and perhaps before) and ending with your choice to apply to Harvard Law. If you can articulate that clearly and persuasively I think you stand an excellent chance. (I can speak a little more to this if you want in PM – not that I’m terribly wise about it, but I can at least relate some of things I learned about the whole experience.)

I did none of this. Hopefully they still take me.

questcertainty

Postby questcertainty » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:23 pm

sinfiery wrote:
I did none of this. Hopefully they still take me.

The only reason I say it – and perhaps this isn’t a good piece of advice generally – is that my interview was very clearly directed at getting a coherent story about how my experiences brought me to apply to law school, and Harvard in particular. (I think Lavitz mentioned something like this, too, about his interview with KB, i.e. she wanted to know how his work experience informed his decision to go to law school, or something to that effect.) And back when JR was still running the show he used to say that this was exactly what they were looking for: the proverbial elevator speech explaining what brought you to their door. Again, I don’t think it’s necessary in all cases for admission, but, with the OP’s numbers, I would guess it would easily put him over the top.

Woghks1988

Postby Woghks1988 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:25 pm

Last edited by Woghks1988 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:25 pm

questcertainty wrote:The only reason I say it – and perhaps this isn’t a good piece of advice generally – is that my interview was very clearly directed at getting a coherent story about how my experiences brought me to apply to law school, and Harvard in particular. (I think Lavitz mentioned something like this, too, about his interview with KB, i.e. she wanted to know how his work experience informed his decision to go to law school, or something to that effect.) And back when JR was still running the show he used to say that this was exactly what they were looking for: the proverbial elevator speech explaining what brought you to their door. Again, I don’t think it’s necessary in all cases for admission, but, with the OP’s numbers, I would guess it would easily put him over the top.

I very much agree that it is a huge asset to have for your application.

Return to “What are my chances?”