Page 1 of 2

3.90/?

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:26 pm
by NotASpecialSnowflake
Hey guys I have a 3.90 gpa at an average undergrad and I haven't taken the LSAT yet. What kind of LSAT score would I need to get into a top ten law school? (I'm hoping UVa). What I am also wondering is if I do get in, if the whole thing is worth it? (I'll be paying for most of law school with loans)

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:29 pm
by Nova

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:43 pm
by NoodleyOne
Get an Lsat. Get a good enough score for a full ride.

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:30 pm
by JWalker
Get a 180 and then ED UVA.

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:34 pm
by sinfiery
For UVA:

If you had a 172+/3.9+ this cycle, you had a really good chance at 135k-150k in scholly money.
168/3.9 would probably get you in.




166 gives you an chance at lower T14 and each LSAT point dramatically increases admittance chances/$$$ you will get.


As for if it's worth it, what are your current job prospects? Is the only reason you are attending law school for financial advantage? VA resident?

But before you worry about any of the specifics of this, get an LSAT.

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:36 am
by wtrc
retake

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:48 am
by zoomzoom88
cooley

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:53 am
by northwood
weathercoins wrote:retake



theres no re here.. its just take the test and see how it shakes out

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:58 am
by hume85
weathercoins wrote:retake

.

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:00 pm
by hume85
zoomzoom88 wrote:cooley


+1. And I am disappointed in you NoodleyOne. I thought you had come around, but it appears you may have regressed. Not 179.

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:13 pm
by Trout et al
Is the whole thing worth it? This is a broad question. What are your expectations?

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:31 pm
by mr.hands
This is a pointless conversation until you have an LSAT. All doors are open to you. Study hard.

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:40 pm
by NoodleyOne
hume85 wrote:
zoomzoom88 wrote:cooley


+1. And I am disappointed in you NoodleyOne. I thought you had come around, but it appears you may have regressed. Not 179.

What? With a 155 he could get a full ride to Cooley.

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:33 pm
by 20141023
I have a 166 / 3.92 and got offered $45k to UVA this cycle. But as NoodleyOne recommended, a 155 would get you a full ride to the prestigious Thomas M. Cooley Law School, which is ranked #2 in the nation right behind Harvard.

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:59 pm
by Aawaldrop
kappycaft1 wrote:I have a 166 / 3.92 and got offered $45k to UVA this cycle. But as NoodleyOne recommended, a 155 would get you a full ride to the prestigious Thomas M. Cooley Law School, which is ranked #2 in the nation right behind Harvard.


Wow Cooley must be slipping if they are ranked #2

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:04 pm
by Teflon_Don
For top ten, 168+ and I'd say you're in.

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:15 pm
by suralin
kappycaft1 wrote:I have a 166 / 3.92 and got offered $45k to UVA this cycle. But as NoodleyOne recommended, a 155 would get you a full ride to the prestigious Thomas M. Cooley Law School, which is ranked #2 in the nation right behind Harvard.


+1

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:08 am
by BigZuck
ITT: disgustingly flagrant anti-Duke trolling.

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:12 am
by PickMe!
Retake. Ed at Cooley.

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:16 am
by Br3v
Quit going bad advice, even if you think it's obviously a joke new users can't tell.

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:26 am
by NoodleyOne
Br3v wrote:Quit going bad advice, even if you think it's obviously a joke new users can't tell.

If they can't bother reading the post at the top of the forum that says "READ THIS BEFORE STARTING A WHAT ARE MY CHANCES THREAD" they deserve everything coming to them.

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:34 am
by Br3v
Wormfather wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:
Br3v wrote:Quit going bad advice, even if you think it's obviously a joke new users can't tell.

If they can't bother reading the post at the top of the forum that says "READ THIS BEFORE STARTING A WHAT ARE MY CHANCES THREAD" they deserve everything coming to them.


Br3v's plea wasnt for the OP, rather for other users who might happen across the thread, after a google search per se.


Worm hit nail on head.

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:43 am
by hume85
Br3v wrote:
Wormfather wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:
Br3v wrote:Quit going bad advice, even if you think it's obviously a joke new users can't tell.

If they can't bother reading the post at the top of the forum that says "READ THIS BEFORE STARTING A WHAT ARE MY CHANCES THREAD" they deserve everything coming to them.


Br3v's plea wasnt for the OP, rather for other users who might happen across the thread, after a google search per se.


Worm hit nail on head.


You guys are right, but we have had way too many chances threads this fall and winter from people without LSAT scores. It has become a bad joke, and people are treating it accordingly. Maybe the admins can come up with a way to mitigate the number of such threads. Although I doubt that will keep everybody from posting Cooley, retake and ED to UVA. But it would certainly keep me from +1ing those posts.

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:15 pm
by 20141023
.

Re: 3.90/?

Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:58 pm
by NoodleyOne
Wormfather wrote:Your statement would suggest that ignorant/stupid people deserve to be taken advantage of, sounds kind of douchey if you ask me.

No one deserves Cooley, no one.

It's like you don't even care how many seats are in their library.